cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lipofilling Op

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Lipofilling Op

Well I am a week out of my Op, i was 1st one down the Theatre on the day and back on ward about midday, i had been told it was an overnighter but when i came round the Nurse told me i may be able to go that day, the Surgeon checked me about 5pm and released me.  I have been in my NHS corset most days, wore shapewear when corset in wash but am preferring that as slight protection.

I have stopped having afternoon naps now, and as no one can advise when i should go back to work i am going to work from home tomorrow and see how it goes, i have also had a drive in the car and the seatbelt is not touching the wounds and feel safe that i could do emergency stop etc.

My wounds were two one either side of hips and three large injection wounds on breast, i started taking arnica the day i got home from hospital and the bruising has not been as bad as i thought it would be, i have five circles on each hip that look like aliens have landed, with other bruising on breast and stomach, the worst being on hips. I only needed panadol for 1 day (6 days after op) i think the bruising had all come out and was a bad day. The rest of the time i have managed to get up, showered and dressed (if a bit slow!!!) but also going for about a mile walk just for change of scenery.

I hope this helps someone else with regard going for the Operation.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Lipofilling Op

Hi sorry you haven't had a reply yet .I have a friend who has recently had lipofilling - I will ask her your questions. 

Highlighted

Lipofilling Op

I went through Cancer in 2013 with right mastectomy, in 2014/2015 the surgeon did LD flap with implant, sadly a year later i had infection around implant site and it had to be taken out, i am now going for Lipofilling, surgeon is going to do 3 Ops at 12 weeks apart, i have an Op date of 3 weeks time.

Just a few quick questions:

how long do i need to wear my shapewear pants? 

i have read that there is severe bruising to my abdomen (where they will be taking from), how long does this last and how much pain will i be in?

I told work that i would probably be back the end of 1st week, i have the option to work from home but wondered if sitting would hurt?? 

Would just like to talk to someone who has had it done to hear their views as not really sure what to expect.