cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lipofilling

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaTT

Re: Lipofilling

I am so sorry that you are going through such a tough time. As you say, its definitely not right but try not to convince yourself its cancer - it may not be. Its appalling that you have to wait for so long. Its hard to know what else you can do except keep ringing for a cancellation slot. I hope that you manage to get seen soon and that it goes well for you. Also, don't use mounted toilets so much because they will harm you. Use simple flushing toilets which will not affect you in this situation. I hope you will get well soon. Hugs from my side. 

mal_vixen

Hope everything is OK now!

I had fat grafting last August. It did not take as well as I would've liked it to. I had 180 cc's placed on each side. Now I've decided to go with small implants to correct the asymmetry that I have. The grafting took better on my noradiated breast than it did on my radiated breast.
I spent 4 weeks in the girdle. I got one (without upper corset part) that is tolerable, though by the end I was ready to throw this unholy thing out the window. The surgical bra was only for a week - it was liberating to get out of that thing.  

nickiw

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, that all sounds encouraging. I've purchased my Bridget Jones pants in preparation!

Sodastream

Hi

I had lipofilling on my reconstructed breast to infill a dent at the same time as an uplift and reduction on my health breast.  From memory I was sore and bruised for a week and returned to work 2 weeks later.  I am due more lipofilling in April and will only be taking a few days off work.  I had to wear a tight corset to help aid healing which did help for a week and then I wore support garment under my jeans.  Good luck x

Becca_BCC

Hi nickiw,

I hope you're having a good weekend.

If you don't get a reply from the community on this, do feel free to also post on the ask our nurses board, they can help with information about recovery times as well.

Take care, Becca at Breast Cancer Care.
nickiw

Lipofilling

Hi,

I have been offered lipofilling as part of my repeat breast reconstruction following capsular contraction on the implant from 2014 after a mastectomy. Does anyone have advice on recovery time from lipofilling, fat will be taken from my tummy. Also any tips welcome.

Many thanks