333052posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lymph node biopsy

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Lymph node biopsy

I think it's coming to terms with everything, stress and simply not being in control when we're used to being the organiser. I'll need to take time out and take heed of your experience thank you  

Well I felt a fraud sat around and I thought I felt ok so got busy then regretted it. I took 2 weeks off for each operation and in hindsight think I should have taken a bit more time after the second one. I have been very tearful and very tired-not sure if that’s due to having 2 anaesthetics in 3 weeks or just needing to come to terms with everything. I’m very good at being busy organising life and dealing with other people but this has bitten me on the bum!

Did you too much then suffer ? Operation date 27/11  I had a week off after the lumpectomy and was absolutely fine then had some work stuff going on and each time I spoke about it had tears, then of course got the news and was so shocked I think organising everything helps me cope and emotions will probably spill over afterwards again.

It’s good to know someone out there has an almost identical experience. I have a feeling you will be back medicating your horse very quickly, but you must take care, I got a little big for my boots and suffered for my stupidity.

The emotions are a whole new ball game and I wasn’t expecting to feel this way at all.

When is your next surgery planned for?

Our experience is almost identical except I’ve got a bit longer between operations. I was very emotional when I got back to work after the lumpectomy I had a week off , im planning to return to work sooner but have the option to work from home thankfully to start. Such good news about arm mobility this is my main concern . I hope you’ve had good news since thank you for replying x

Hello

I have just had surgery for the very same reasons. I had a lumpectomy for grade 3 DCIS in October, 2 weeks later I discovered it was invasive bc and needed extra tissue and sentinel node biopsy removing which they did 3 days later. To be honest I found it sore and uncomfortable for a few days longer than the lumpectomy but I made sure I moved my arm sensibly from the beginning and luckily haven’t had any restriction of movement. I think I found the effects of 2 anaesthetic close together and my emotions more of a problem. 3 weeks after this I am back at work trying to have a bit of normality. 

Make sure you look after yourself and take any offer of help. 

Take care xx

Thank you really useful advice this is what I was worried about we have a horse and he has just started medication which involves syringing  into his mouth plus getting a headcollar on all involves lifting arm ! I'm going to have to become very good with my left hand lol. thank you x

Hi

Mine felt as Jill described and like you I wish it hadn't been my right side, I am so right handed it's unreal, it was a bit of an experience getting around the difficulties but I got there, I just did as much as I could with my arm clamped by my side - surprising what you can achieve even with that limited movementSmiley LOL

Don't try stretching your arm up too high - that is very soreSmiley Sad

When I was sitting down or lying in bed I used to tuck a pillow under the arm, it helped ease the pressure. I think it was about 6 weeks before it stopped causing any issues, to be fair it wasn't a pain it felt more like a bad case of chaffing skin which must have been the nerves knitting together as there was no sign of any soreness apart from the surgery site.

Joemic x 

Thank you for your answer this is what i was suspecting but doesn’t sound too bad just wish it was my left arm not right  would have been easier 😂 

Community Champion

Hi ,welcome to the forum .From my experience and I think in most people's experience the underarm incision to remove lymphnodes is a lot more uncomfortable and painful than the breast op - my BC nurse said this was primarily because you have more nerve endings here and also because every time you move your arm you stretch the scar a little .For me it was painful but it didn't restrict my arm movement much after the first couple of weeks and after that I could drive without too much discomfort .Good luck with your op .Jill x

Lymph node biopsy

Hi everyone just been told I have some invasive cancer as well as dcis so need further tissue removed and lymph biopsy can any one tell me how sore it is afterwards and does it affect your use of that arm much afterwards? Thank you x