Lymph nodes positive- terrified!!

ER/PR + grade 2 lobular cancer in right breast. Had mx/chemo and lymph node removal after chemo. Saw onc on Tues 18/22 nodes positive. Absolutely terrified of recurrence as she kept saying I was high risk.

Having 15 days of radiotherapy then discussion about starting abemacilib. Stared letrozole 2.5 weeks ago but have had diarrheoa eve since so onc may change to anastrozole if doesnt improve. Having read up it seems anastrozole can have same side effects as can abemacilib ie diarrheoa amongst others. Can anyone calm me down? Seeing surgeon next Wed about results onc said he wouldnt be happy that I had seen her first…and thats my problem because??

She threw a whole load of pecentages at me about survival but when I asked about recurrence just said 50/50??  Feel she was more interested in getting consent forms done than explaining anything. 

Sorry for rambling just terrified that its worse than what I thought…

Hi Northernmonkey

Try not to let your emotions get ahead of you, easier said than done I know. I do think that oncologist do tend to tend be very blunt about things at times. Just take one step at a time.  I was never really told too much about survival rate had to do my own research when got my surgeons letter and found that without the treatment they where offering my survival rate was pretty poor.  Maybe they don’t want to give us too much information to cloud our judgement.  To be honest I just wanted them to get on with it and give me a chance.  If you feel you need to know more then make sure you ask, I just didn’t. Sending a big virtual hug to help you on your way 

I’m so sorry you feel terrified. I don’t know if you’re on anti-depressants but it may help some if you were. It takes about six weeks though for them to take effect. As far as your letrozole goes, I haven’t had any detectable side effects of it but I did read that sometimes how you take it matters. I take it at night, after my dinner, with a good amount of water. That was a time someone here recommended and it has worked for me.