Masectomy bra size help

I have recently had a masectomy on one side and have 2 post surgery bras (I had LICAP a month ago but they found more tumours) I am trying to find a masectomy bra and on all the size guides on anoena and Nicola Jane I come up as a UK 34AA. I have (and still on one side) am a 34D.

What size do I get?? Has anyone got one previously?

Hi
I just brought my normal size which I’m usually 34E/F depending on style.  I kept coming up as a B cup according to the size charts on amonea’s site, but there was no way I’d fit in that.  I purchased both E & F sizes and sent one back.  I’ve also brought some from Asda and Royce under post surgery bras.  
Asda’s came up larger in the cup so I went up in back size and down in cup size (36DD) and that fit perfect. 

Hi there,

I’m a 34F and my BC nurse gave me an Amoena bra in medium DD/E (style is Frances) and it’s a good fit. I had my mastectomy on Monday and I’ve been wearing it since.

hope this helps and good luck x

Hi

Just in case it helps, you can convert your normal bra by sewing in a pocket. It’s very easy to do with basic needle and thread skills. My first one was a “Bra Pocket” bought from Amazon, but I now make my own.

Whatever you do, don’t buy too many new bras in the early stages, because your opposite side may well change in size, particularly if you’re having ongoing treatment. I’m now a size smaller and the horrible “chicken fillet” I got from the hospital is now far too big!

Sending best wishes, Jules X