Good luck ,let us know how you get on.
Thank you again Jill. Good advice, so difficult to think straight when I still seem to have a bit of chemo brain, exhausted from trying to cope with Letrozole, my joints are so painful and stiff I seem to need oiling! Trying to stay positive but brain and body seem to be against me at the mo. Taking control sounds like a good plan. I'll take my questions with me next week and give them to the consultant when he's finished telling me nothing at 90 miles an hour 😁 I know they really want to help but just wish doctors would remember we are people not conditions. Feeling a bit calmer and less panicky now. Thank you
Maybe write down all your questions / possible options before you go to your appointment and take someone with you to listen and chip in if you don't manage to get all your questions out there .It doesn't sound like it is a decision you have to make quickly as they don't seem to think it is malignant and if it is its very small .Take your time and try to be pro-active when you can - easier said than done when you are stressed and knackered. I know ☹️
Thank you Jill1998, a crystal ball would be wonderful. I have an appointment with the breast clinic next week. Just so confused as they initially gave me an appointment for an xr mammogram and ultrasound but cancelled following an mdt meeting, coincidently, after me asking whether a mastectomy would be a viable preventative option. To be fair he has did say it is rare to get cancer in the remaining breast following treatment however reading up on others journeys it certainly doesn't seem so. Also the mdt have agreed to proceed if I want to go ahead following a counselling session. It just doesn't add up.
It's been a long year, I go to work in a daze, come home in a daze. I'm trying to stay positive but so exhausted with it all. I just want some clear answers so that I can get on with it. Sorry to go on, just in a complete spin with it all. I will ask about a mammogram in 6 months and see what they come up with. Thank you again x
Very difficult decision - if only you had a crystal ball ? I understand why you would not be trusting of waiting a year when you last mammogram was clear 6 months before you discovered malignant changes .The only other option would be to ask for a mammogram in 6 months time rather than a year given your last experience and make a decision then based on what they see and how you feel
Hi I am new to this site so apologies if I have posted incorrectly. I was diagnosed with an extensive left IDC 6 months after a clear mammogram in Jan 18. HER2 & ER+ however lymph nodes clear thankfully. I have had 3 x EC, 4 x THP, left mastectomy, 3 weeks radiotherapy and due to have my last of 18 Herceptin Jabs mid May. I am now on Letrozole which is causing horrendous joint pain and Zolendric infusions. I have just had a mammogram and have been told there is a small area of micro-calcification in my remaining breast. I have been advised that the focal area is too small to biopsy and probably won't show up on MRI. My breast surgeon has advised they 'think' it is 'probably' benign, possibly changes due to the treatment and originally arranged a further mammogram and ultrasound. This has now been cancelled with a recommendation to follow up in 1 year. Given that my last diagnosis was only 6 months after a clear mammogram I am not convinced as I feel the cancer must have been quite aggressive given the speed of growth. I have discussed prophylactic mastectomy of my remaining breast as I am unsure after all that has happened if my family and I can cope with the uncertainty, I feel as though I have a time bomb ticking away inside me! I have been advised that the surgeon is happy to proceed (he has discussed this with his team) if this is what I really want. This is a big decision and I know only I can make it but I am looking for any advice or information if anyone has been through the same. Thank you in advance