More surgery required

21st May I had a mastectomy and sentinel node biopsy. I am recovering well and not to much discomfort. I was told by my consultant last Friday that one out of three nodes had cancer and the team have discussed this in length and I’m to go back into surgery for axillary dissection. I’m currently in two week isolation as I’m attending  a covid free hospital as I did before. This has really upset me as I wasn’t expecting it, I feel that I will be starting over again and terrified they may find more. 

I had 3 of 4 nodes with cancer that didn’t show up on the ultrasound, the sentinel one was visible by eye, and over 5mm,  the other 2 were micro mets under 2mm. My consultant told me that there was a 25% chance that it had spread to other nodes so further treatment beyond chemo was needed. I was offered a choice between a clearance and extra radiotherapy to 3 areas. I chose the rads as I was having them to the breast anyway and there’s no difference in efficacy but half the risk of lymphodema.
Might be worth asking. 

(I was 19mm micropapillary er&pr+ hr2 neg )