Mosquito bites?

Hi - strange topic I know but I’m on holiday at the moment due back on Saturday 22nd and I’m due surgery on Monday 24th - have been bitten loads by mosquitos ?. Does anyone know if this will have affect on whether my surgery will still be able to go ahead - out of my mind! Couldn’t stand it if it has to delayed ?. Any advice much appreciated xxx

helenann

It might be worth posting this on the Ask Our Nurses section as they might be able to help.

Helena xx

Good idea. Thanks ?xxx

Hello there,
Hope you are having a nice hol - barring being bitten! - but how strange, I never usually get bitten, but I went out to Greece after my op and yes, I got bitten, but hubby who usually gets plagued, didn’t !! He arms himself with bands and spray and still gets chewed so I was really surprised… hope you get some clarification from the Nurses anyway, what a shame ?! Hope you enjoy the rest of the hol anyway,…xx

Hi. Thanks for this. I’m having a great time - just can’t believe I’ve been eaten alive- not expected in the south of France!
I will be gutted if my op is delayed- would have preferred to forgo the holiday- hindsight is a great thing ?.
I’ve asked the nurses and hope someone gets back to me to put my mind at rest.
Just trying not to scratch them in the hope they heal in the next 5 days.
Thanks again for your concern- really don’t know what I would do without this forum.?xxc

Hi Helenann, just to let you know I have everything crossed for you
Xx

Hi Helena- just to let you that your advice about the nurse proved great - I’ve had a response and all should be ok - so I’m less stressed now - until Sunday night anyway- dread to think what I’ll be like them then. Thanks as ever for all your support - and all the other fabulous ladies here of course.:heart::heart::heart:?xxx

Hi Helen

Glad you got some reassurance, and you can now rest easy until the op on Monday, and with the help of General Anaesthetic (he’s a great trooper) you will get plenty of rest then too! 

It’ll be all over before you know it and you will have to tell us how you are doing afterwards…

Take care and enjoy last few days, and good journey back…

xxx