cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly diagnosed 😩

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Newly diagnosed 😩

I am so sorry we are on the same journey. Hope you are recovering well after the operation. You were seen really quickly.

My op is now on the 14th so nearly a week into self isolation which is hard. My boys are staying with their Nan and I am missing them like crazy and my thoughts are running away with themselves. I am finding the waiting really hard and just want the op so I know what is coming next.

Hope you get your results soon.

keep in touch x

Highlighted

Hi, I  am on a similar journey, noticed a dent in my right breast on the 25th july, had scans and biopsies on the 8th Aug , results on the 21st , 27mm invasive and an abnormal lymph node. Had a mastectomy, on the 1st, home now with 2 drains, waiting for op results. 

The waiting is the worst, but I've been really impressed with our wonderful NHS.

I've been reading bits on these forums but this is the first one I've replied to.  Keep us updated xx 

Keep positive xxx

Highlighted

Hello Wither14

Sorry to hear you are on the same journey. I know it is sooo hard waiting for tests results and treatment to start. I too had great difficulty with the thoughts that things were getting worse each day, but my doctor reassured me and after I had the lumpectomy on Monday I feel such a relief. Still a long road ahead but knowing this part is done seems to have given me the strength to tackle the rest of the treatment. 

I know the waiting is hard but as you said this forum really helps. I also got stuck into Netflix to try and rest my overthinking mind and to stop me so called ‘researching’ ! Just those few things really helped. 

Good luck with the op, I’m 4days post op and feeling good. Let us know hoe you go x

Highlighted

I found my lump on the 10th July booked in for lumpectomy and isotopes on the 14th Sept. Having to self isolate for two weeks and the fear that things could be getting worse whilst I wait is keeping me awake.

told my boys today that mummy needed an operation which has added to the sleepless night tonight. 

I have found this forum really helpful and it’s nice to be able to talk/write to people experiencing the same emotions. 

Highlighted

Hi sunny outlook.

Sorry to hear your on the same journey . Hope your doing ok. I totally agree, the waiting for tests and results is horrendous and even though my treatment has been super quick, had surgery on Monday, it feels like a lifetime of worry. Back on the 3rd for more results then onto next phase of treatment.
Good luck with the rest of your treatment and let me know how you go x

Highlighted

I had same experience. Went on SlimmingWorld lost 2 stone and had started daily exercise and found lump changing out of workout clothes. GP next day (2 July). Although I’m hindsight it’s been incredibly quick (had surgery a week ago) that waiting around and doing tests and follow ups was terrifying.   Sending hugs and best wishes and just know you are doing the best you and did the right thing for yourself by acting without delay. 

Highlighted

Thank you so much for your reply. I’m so glad I have found this group. Hope your doing well after surgery and good luck with your ongoing treatment. Please keep me posted. 
Dreading the MRI results but I know it has to be done to get to the next step to recovery x 

thanks again for taking the time out of your day to help me x

Highlighted

Hi Beachbum 

you’ll be thinking how and why me but once you’ve processed everything you’ll go into natural autopilot. I had my Op on 13th for 4cm, grade3 IDC with nodes but tbh I’m now 6 days post Op. and I’m ready for the next treatment journey and seeing consultant Monday for results of Op. Take your time to process the information and don’t worry if you’ve got more questions because on here there’s so much knowledge. Good luck with your MRI, ou won’t think you can do it but you can! Good luck and ask lots of questions xx 👍💕

Highlighted

Newly diagnosed 😩

Hello all you lovely people. 

Diagnosed 13th August 2020. 3cm  Stage 2 grade 3 IDC....found after a 6 week fitness detox. Was feeling my best EVER but with the weight loss on the boobies I felt a lump! Jumped straight on it! Last Mammogram was Aug 2018 and nothing seen then. Had MRI yesterday and just sat waiting for results ....I’m reaching out because I’m really really scared 😧 xxx