Nipple recon - gone flat!

Hi ladies

Had a nipple recon (twist method) just over 6 weeks ago now and it took ages to heal.  Had the dressings and sponge ring all taken off at the 3 week point and now it has virtually gone flat even though I have been really careful (haven’t even dared to wear a bra).

Quite disappointed as it was really lovely to begin with.  Have a hint of nipple now through a top and just hope that doesn’t go completely :O 

I knew to expect that it was likely to go flat in the first 2 years but didn’t expect it to happen quite so quickly.

Am going to have tittos in about April so think they can give a 3D illusion to help.

Has this happened to other ladies this quickly and did having the tattoos help as have heard that that can also make the nipple go flat!

Thanks!

MM

xx

Hi MM.  Sorry to hear you are disappointed with your nipple recon. I didn’t have the twisted method but the sharing type. Mine also took weeks to heal (is that a sign) and when the big reveal took place it was as flat as a pancake! Right from the start. Like you, I was disappointed with the results. I was hoping that would be the icing on the cake! More so, because I now have changed the look of my existing nipple. I have come to terms with it and not planning to have anything else done to it. Although would be interested to hear how you get on if you have a tattoo. I have seen posts of good results for nipple recon, but sadly not for me. Big hugs…xx

Hi ladies…I had a nipple reconstruction after my WLE and yes it has gone flat but the surgeon did tell me it would. I kept the sponge ring on for months after to give it the best possible chance. I still think it was worth it though. I’ve also had 3 x tattoos but they fade to almost nothing which again I was forewarned about. Should have been getting another one soon but just had the news that my BC is back so might have to have the lot off anyway this time round. After all the surgeons hard work ? and after he had done such an amazing job. I’ve heard the 3D tattoos are really good but don’t think the hospital can do them. Think it would be a private tattooist which I’m now glad I didn’t go for as I would have been gutted after paying out god knows how much and then having to have a mastectomy lol 

debbie x