Pain after LD reconstruction

I’m 16 days post ok now but today my pain is at its worse. I have been taking paracetamol 4 times a day and Ibuprofen 3 time a day but I’m still in a lot of pain. My new breast feels really tight and the back where the muscle had been it’s so very tight and painful too.
Being in constant pain is wearing me down. Just wondered if that is normal?
Anyway I have got an appointment tomorrow morning and hope they will drain some fluid of me too. Just so down and fed up ?

Hi Pippi

Just thought I’d let you know my experience of my bilateral LD reconstruction. I had my op last September and suffered terribly with extreme tightness around my back and chest for several months. After surgery I had an infection and a seroma which was drained several times. Since then I have had Physio, acupuncture, pilates and massage to loosen things up. I think it can take a while after this op to recover and I need to do my stretching exercises every day. I’ve decided not to have lipo at the moment but I am going for a consultation for 3D nipple tattoos next week. Good luck with your appointment

Thank you Jane61 for your reply I will ask to see if I could have physio and accupuncture and I will go for a massage too but I can’t lie on my front yet so not sure how that’s going to work.
That’s good that you feel better now so there is hope it will get better eventually. Just feel quite down too that’s because of the grey weather and the strong pain I had for the last 2 days.
Thank you

Hi Pippi

I am 4.5 weeks post op and still have quite a lot of tightness especially when I move about but am not taking painkillers now so it does ease off slightly.  2 weeks post op is not really very long and I know I was still in pain then and taking regular painkillers.  I know exactly how you feel though, I get really frustrated because I can’t really see any improvement day to day but when I look back to a week before I think, oh yes I am better than I was then.  It does take a long time to recover because, as my surgeon said, it is like having two operations at once.

Hope you feel a bit better soon xx