Pain after lipofilling

Hello

I had my third operation for lipomodelling about a month ago.  (mastectomy May 2015 with reconstruction but no implant.  The other two ops for lipomodelling did not cause any pain in the “new” breast (only pain where the fat was harvested from).  However, for the last two days I have been experiencing a sharp pain in one area of the breast.  Wondering if this is normal, maybe part of the fat getting softer, or something to have check out.

Has anyone else had this experience please?

Thanks 

Julia

Hi Julia, 

I am sorry you have been experiencing this pain and I am sure some of our users will be along to offer their support. 

In the meantime please do call our helpline on 0808 800 6000 who will be able to help answer any questions you have about what you are feeling and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Hello

I will be having lipomodelling in April.   I had a TRAM flap reconstruction 5 months ago and unfortunately the reconstructed breast is much smaller than the normal breast, fat is goingto be removed from thigh or bottom to make the breast larger.   After reading about this procedure the result is very poor.    Can you offer me any advice, did your lipomodelling work etc.

Thank you

Hi there,

Im sorry to hear your having problems.  I can’t offer any advice with that but I would like to ask you a few questions about lipoilling.  I had prophylactic mastectomies 9 years ago and not really had much luck with the outcome.  9 surgeries later I have decided to have my implants removed and try to have small breasts from my own fat (lipofilling).  Did you have lipofilling only for your reconstruction.  How do they feel, look etc?  Im hoping surgery no 10 to remove the third set of implants will be sucessful.  Am I doing the right thing? eek

I hope things have improved for you.

Best wishes, Carol