cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pain after mastectomy and implant

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Pain after mastectomy and implant

i found it very strange just after I had mine but even then it was brushed off. Some of the pain was really strange and it would’ve been much more helpful if someone just explained it to me then I wouldn’t have worried so much. 

As the months went on new pains and sensations started which just got worse so I did go back and was given some desensitisation massage to do. It’s way to early for you to do that yet. If it’s worrying  you tho give your BCN a call. I hope you’re ok xx 

Highlighted

Thanks for sharing your experience. I suppose its obvious when I think about it, but it wasnt something that was discussed, and like everyone on here every twinge is analysed x

Highlighted

Hi 

im sorry you’ve got some pain post op. I had a mastectomy, no implant, a year ago and still have a lot of pain. 2 weeks is very early so not surprising you have some discomfort but during the op the surgeon has to go through a lot of nerves so may continue for some time. Nerve pain is very common and if it increases contact your BCN for help in dealing with that. 

I hope your recovery continues well

take care xx 

Highlighted

Pain after mastectomy and implant

I had a mastectomy and implant reconstruction 2 weeks ago. I still have a nagging pain in the breast. Anybody else been through this who can advise me if this is normal and how long it will last?

Thanks