Pain in breast 6 week after op.

I had my operation 6 week ago everything seems to be going fine then I got an infection I was on three different types of antibiotics and it didn’t seem to be clearing up. I ended up back in hospital and having a drain put in they said it was an abscess. 

The wound seems to be healing nicely. I am still getting a lot of pain in my breast I do not know if this is due to the tablets anastrozol I have been on for 5weeks or if it is normal to still feel very tender. I am in more pain than after the op.

I would be very interested to hear of anyone else’s experience.

Hi

Had my bilateral mastectomy with expenders put in place on Aug 1st. Everything seemed OK, but then on Sept 21st I had to have another surgery due to delayed healing. I was put on antibiotics for a month. My expenders always felt tender and some stubbing pain. Again all seemed good but then on Nov 27th I had a really bad infection in one of the breast and I have decided to remove the expanders and go flat chested for a while. I am now almost 2 weeks after surgery and feel much comfortable without those expenders in place

I wish you to recover and feel much better soon

I’d like to sympathise I’m sorry to say I am 12 weeks after mastectomy and in the middle of radiotherapy and my pain is worse. It feels like a tight metal band across my chest and it hurts when I breathe in. The pain started about 3 weeks in and some days are better than others. The breast care nurse just said you’ll get used to it which was no consolation at all. The oncologist gave a better explanation, he said it was nerve damage and that after time the brain learns to block it out. I had a massive seroma because the surgeon doesn’t believe in using a drain. It was drained once but returned and now has solidified so I have a hard rubbery lump. If only it was at the same height as my other breast I’d be symmetrical again! My advice is, keep active, keep up the exercises and keep busy to take your mind off the pain! We all react to the treatment in different ways and you never know what will happen next. It is no fun but  people I meet seem to Coe very well?