Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Painful breast

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Painful breast

Hi Sparkle 🙂

I had same op about 4 weeks ago.  past few days I've notice breast is more tender and I did wonder if it was the change in the weather, wound reacting to damp as sometimes happens with arthritis.  I am a person that gets affected by weather changes as well.

I did phone breast care clinic this morning to ask same question, my usual nurse was busy but is calling back later.  The suggestion was though perhaps take the pain killers again, so I've just downed some paracetamol before going out.

Its the inside that seems sore, like there is still a lot of bruising, I know the pathology report said they removed 47g weight of tissue from my breast so I am guessing it may take longer than 4 weeks to heal properly.  I'm also wondering weather to start wearing the bra at night again.  I stopped wearing the bra at night about a week ago.

Hope you find things improving soon and you feel happy to go ahead with your radiotherapy.

Best wishes Heart

Highlighted

Thanks for the advice I rang the BCC helpline yesterday and am seeing my GP tomorrow but think I will ring the BC team too for their opinion 🙂

Highlighted

As the previous reply, I would definitely contact your bc nurse. My wound took a while to heal, I got an infection and had 2 different types of antibiotics. It might be worth contacting the radiotherapy team as well and getting them to check you, I did this and had my radiotherapy postponed a couple of times. Never once was I made to feel that I was wasting anyone’s time, everyone was wonderful, helpful and reassuring.Trust your instincts.  

Highlighted
Community Champion

I would ring your breast team and see if someone can see you ( maybe BC nurse ) to check it out - you don't want to be starting radiotherapy unless you are healing well - no harm in getting it checked out .

Highlighted

Painful breast

Hi There

I had a lumpectomy and lymph node removal nearly 7 weeks ago and start 3 weeks of radio therapy next week. However I am still in a lot of pain and my breast is very sore - it hurts to walk and any movement is painful - should I get this checked out as it really doesn't seem to be getting better?

Thanks in advance for any help 🙂