cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Painful nipple

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Painful nipple

Spoiler
Thanks ladies! Thankfully it’s much better now! Starting chemo next week - any advice?! I’m so scared! Xx

Hi Erin and co,

Get some cotton wool make up pads, cut a hole in the middle of a few of them, layer up in your bra and bingo - pressure relieved! 

Hope that helps. It will ease off.

XXX Seabreeze (6 years on, 3 op's in all....lumpectomy and 2 reductions the other side! Doing ok) 

I had this too ...... it‘s really annoying but also suddenly just disappeared.
Suggest padding of some sort to remove the pressure on the nipple.

Hi Erin

All I can say is that it does get better but then out of nowhere it's as if someone has just pinched it.

According to the surgeon, it is the breast coming alive again.  Hope that helps xxx

Hi ladies!

Did you have any luck with this?! I’m 2 weeks post op and it’s so painful! I’ve ended up putting another dressing on because I couldn’t cope with the feeling at all! 

Hi Callista,

I had a lumpectomy 2 and a half weeks ago and am also experiencing a sore nipple (nowhere near where my tumour was).  Mine is not a stabbing pain, more tender to touch, almost as though I have bad sunburn on or around it.  I have also been a bit concerned and am intending to ring my bc nurse tomorrow to find out what it might be.  I wonder if there is anyone else out there who has also had this?

Thinking of you,

Jane xxx

Painful nipple

Hiya

I had a lumpectomy two weeks ago on Monday.

The last couple of days I have had a really painful nipple.  Its not all the time it comes and goes but the pain is a stabbing pain and it takes a couple of minutes and then it goes again. Sometimes it lasts longer.  Is this anything to worry about?