Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popping candy

6 REPLIES 6
Evie-S
Community Champion

Re: Popping candy

Hi @dizzyc - thanks for coming back with the update (and I love your humour, made me smile). I’m really glad you have an answer and hope that the stromatolites will go away on its own - I’m sorry I don’t know much about seromas so can’t offer any advice, I’ve read about them a lot on here so they seem very common. Evie xx

dizzyc

Posted too soon and too new to this to know how to edit! Sorry!

Big thanks to @Evie-S for your kind replies, mystery solved!

Dizzy x

dizzyc

Good evening all

Well, for anyone on the edge of their seat to find out what the popping candy could have been, it turns out it was a seroma starting up. Blimee, never knew of such a thing but here I am, looking like my boob has regrown! Not too painful, just a bit weird and decided with the BCN to give it another 24 hours before decide if it needs draining. Thanks for your replies @ev

Evie-S
Community Champion

Hi Dizzy - I hope you get some answers, especially if it’s driving you nuts. If you are happy to share, do come back and update. You too, have a lovely weekend. Evie xx

dizzyc

Hi Evie

Thanks so much for your reply, there’s so much new stuff to get used to isn’t there? Hopefully this will pass soon because although it doesn’t hurt, it’s driving me bonkers. Like hiccups! I’m going to speak to my BCN today anyway so I’ll mention it then. 
Habe a lovely weekend

Dizzy

Evie-S
Community Champion

@dizzyc - first of all welcome to this lovely forum, I’m glad you’ve joined but obviously very sorry you’ve had the diagnosis and needed to. It was really thoughtful of you to share a positive story about your experience, that is helpful for others at an earlier stage.

I had a mastectomy with an implant at the same time about 4 years ago, so I can’t say I felt the sensation you are feeling, though I did have other new sensations. It takes a while to get to know your new body, most things are perfectly normal but I’d always suggest speaking to your BC nurse or the lovely nurses on here (number is at the top of the page) if you are worried - or even if you just want to know what is going on. From my experience I don’t think you are imagining it - I hope someone else will be along who might be able to help more.

Evie xx

dizzyc

Popping candy

Hi everyone

My first engagement with this wonderful forum although I’ve been lurking for a few weeks. I’m 54, I was first diagnosed with primary BC in May and had a mastectomy last Monday. If anyone is facing this horror soon, can I just say that my experience has been so much better than I feared, I’m not too sore and I don’t look as freaky as I’d dreaded. Still a long way to go and I know everyone is different, but I hope this might reassure someone. 
My question to anyone who has been through this is, did you feel like you have popping candy under your skin? It doesn’t hurt but every so often I get this weird popping sensation where my boob once was, just like popping candy. Am I imagining it? At first I thought everything must have popped open and I was losing all my inside stuff, but once I braved a peek it all looked fine. There’s some puffiness and it moves like a water bed so I think there’s some fluid there, but no redness or heat or lumpiness. Just popping. What on earth is happening??
If anyone has had the same, I’d love to hear.

Dizzy