Recovery

Hi everyone 

hope everyone is doing ok and wishing you all lots of love and good luck for surgery coming up.

I feel so relieved that I’ve had my surgery but like many of you it’s now anxious wait to see if the margins were adaquate.I hadn’t realised that often there is more than one surgery that is required.As if one isnt enough!

It seems like everyday since I got diagnosed I’m finding out more and more stuff about breast cancer.

So today I’m 2nd day post op feel ok,tired and a bit sore but ok 

good luck ladies much love xxxx

Hope you are recovering well. Like you I hadn’t realised they may say more surgery is needed, get my results on Tuesday from WLE &SLN, getting nervous but trying to stay positive

Chelle x

I’ve just had a 2nd WLE and sentinel node biopsy as they didn’t get a clear margin 1st time and then discovered a small amount of invasive cancer as well as the original DCIS that was diagnosed. I got my results 2 weeks after my original operation and was in theatre again the day after getting my results. It’s 2 days since my 2nd operation. I was upset and worried because I was still sore after my 1st one but now I’m just relieved it’s out of the way. I’ll have a bigger scar and maybe not symmetrical but hoping they got it all this time. I hope you get clear margins 1st time but if not you can get through it. My breast care nurse told me you’ve just got to keep going on the treadmill until you beat it. Easier said than done at times I know.