330512posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SURGERY AUGUST 2018

Re: SURGERY AUGUST 2018

Hello all

Sorry I have not been on for a while. I am still at home recovering from my full node clearance and just taking each day by day resting and doing some household chores in between ( light chores)

My underarm is still sore and puffy . It has now been 5 weeks since my operation.

I have been out and about and found being out for most the day quite exhausting! I have no idea what it will be like when I return to work and will have to go back to doing a phased return again.

My tamoxifen tablets are now kicking in and I seem to be suffering from pre- menopausal symptons such as night sweats , headaches , tiredness and fatigue. I do sometimes forget to take them daily and find myself having to take them at different times during the day. 

I am still waiting to hear from the oncologist and when my radiotheraphy sessions are to commence however , think this will be October time.

My body is exhausted having had to go through 2 operations  ( May & August) and I feel as if I have aged 10 years.  Not feeling good in myself at all . I am doing the arm exercises and just that. My weight is suffering as I continue to 'comfort eat'  with me piling on the pounds and lack of exercise . The motivation I used to have when I was well before my operations has just gone out the window and wonder whether it will be restored.

My GP has told me not to worry too much about my weight for the time being and just concentrate on healing and get through all the treatments. Once this has been completed, I can start to work on myself and review my levels of fitness and diet.  

At the moment , I dont want to engage in the activities I used to do when I was well i.e social gatherings with friends , etc as I dont mentally feel up to it and I know it will take a long time for things to settle and get back to normal . I think I am still feeling a bit low/ depressed after everything my body has gone through however , I know that I need to snap out of this.

For now , I will just continue to be kind to my body and recover until I am well enough and hopefully go back to being that person I was before my cancer diagnosis

I hope you are all recovering well  and for those who have had recent ops, things in time will get better . Time is a healer . We can all get through this Smiley Happy

Sending you all big hugs

M xx   

Hiya all

Quaggie don't feel bad about not shopping until you feel better or have no food left in house. Wouldn't want you to starve. Lol xx hope you're resting up.

My sister had double heart bypass last year and and then my diagnosis this year so we've developed a "can not be arsed" attitude lol and do what we want when we want.

Phoned BCN this morning and got hospital appointment. Theve given me a few more days antibiotics and told to wear good support bra. Says a seroma and a bit of infection. Doesn't seem overly concerned and it was my surgeon I saw.
Back Friday to see him. (All his fault anyway he did it) lol just kidding he was brill.

I'm feeling a bit more positive now got to get head in gear and tell myself it's all better from now on.

Hugs x
Community Champion

Hi Nicola 👋. I had a slightly different procedure (mastectomy and SNB) 12 days ago and I feel pretty good now. I have been trying to take it easy, and did overdo it one day early on, but have found a good balance now. As Quaggie suggested, the exercises really help. Just do what you can and ease into things.

I’m also on the younger side, at 33. I can relate to your comment, Wombat, as I have no family history at all and no risk factors either (non smoker, non drinker, “young”, fit and healthy). I was totally shocked by the diagnosis! I’ve just been taking each day as it comes; it’s remarkable how quickly you adjust. That being said, don’t feel bad about having your husband and kids help out. You’re recovering from surgery!

I hope you’re starting to feel a bit better, Quaggie. Remember, you’re not on your own - we’re all going through this with you and are here to support you! Did you get any feedback from the surgeon about whether he/she felt confident about the margins this time?

Good luck with the infection, Susie. Hopefully it is finally starting to heal and settle down now.

Love and gentle hugs to all 😘💐💪

Hi Nicola. I am 3.5 weeks post surgery - WLE and SNB too and finally beginning to feel near to normal, though the tiredness still just hits me in the face and says whoa slow down !!! Everyone is different - like Quaggie I haven’t had a OMG moment either but I am slowly getting my head around this - it just came out of the blue no family history... be kind to yourself, move at your own pace take your time, listen to your body. Xx

Hi Nicola

Welcome - although also sorry to see you here!

Disbelief is pretty common - I was diagnosed early July and have never had a big 'oh it's real' moment. I just keep plodding on and occasionally get jolted without the thought of what's happening. It's amazing how quickly you get used to it being your new normal.

Like you, I had a WLE and SNB and it took me a good couple of weeks to feel close to 'normal' again. Everyone's different of course but for the first week after the op, I really tried to take it as easy as possible as you need to keep your energy to heal up. One of the doctor's told me that to consider that your body is using energy that it would have used elsewhere to heal and recover so it's not surprising if you get tired easily.

In my first week post-op, I just went to the local shops (10 mins walk) a couple of times, just to get some fresh air and to get a bit of exercise. It was the end of the 2nd week before I felt confident enough to go out for a full day.

I'd say just play it by ear. Do something that you want to do, but don't be hard on yourself if you need a nap or rest afterwards because you feel tired.

I live alone so had to get on with all the chores myself anyway, but I didn't feel too bad if the washing up piled up for a couple of days or if the laundry pile was bigger than usual!! If you feel up to doing something, do it. But if you don't, then take it easy (and get hubby to do it!)

I had to have a re-excision op last Fri as my first WLE didn't get clear margins, so am frustrated at being back to square one in terms of physical recovery and have to remind myself to take it easy!

Oh and just do the exercises every day, they really do help, especially if you've got a bit of tightness around the SNB wound, and get you ready for the radiotherapy.

Do you have a date to get the results from your surgery?

Anyway, wishing you well. Take whatever time you need to recover and don't rush it if you're not ready.

Hello ladies
I should introduce myself. I’m Nicola, am 42 and I was diagnosed with breast cancer on 20 July through regular screening with the family history clinic. Shock has subsided but disbelief still lingering, can’t believe I’m only 42 and have BC. I know there are loads of women get it younger, but women in my family who have gotten BC have always been older.

Anyway, had a WLE and SNB on last Tuesday 28 August, discharged on the same day. In a lot of pain at first, mostly from the SNB site and then from the ‘space’ left where they removed the tumour from. Was on codeine & paracetamol which took the edge off, now just on paracetamol.

Haven’t been out of the house yet, was thinking about venturing out today. What’s anyone else’s experience of recovery post op? I know everyone’s different but I feel I need some perspective. I’ve dabbled in some light housework but don’t want to do too much and injure myself. Husband has been awesome doing the majority of chores and my 2 boys (11 and 14) have helped out too. Am I maybe being a bit precious?
Thanks in advance
Nicola

Hi all

How are you today SusieOne? It does sound really horrible having that infection - hope you've got some relief now or have at least managed to speak to your nurse to get checked out.  I'm totally paranoid about infections so really feel for you.  

I'm feeling a bit off today - think it's just post-op fatigue but am annoyed with myself for not feeling up to go up to the shops like I had planned to today.  We are our own worst judges aren't we?!

Wishing everyone well today xx 

Quaggie glad op went well, take it easy you’ll soon be back on top form! Oh and don’t forget the exercises! I actually didn’t mind washing my hair for 10 days. One benefit of chemo I suppose, even though I cold capped I have half the amount of hair than normal!

Susieone I hope the infection is sorted soon.

Fingers crossed Tuesday Ellliesmum

Hope everyone else doing ok x

Hi Quaggie pleased you are home now but do remember to take things easy this time round. I know how you feel not washing hair I managed to stand in bath and just duck head under shower without getting anything else wet when I came home. A bit awkward but manageable lol

I have lumps around incision sites but my booby is very red, hot and swollen and my nipple is almost inverted. I've just finished antibiotics it's eased a bit bit it's rather heavy.

Sat here in my granny vest that's breathable fabric and fairly cool...heaven.
Starting my letrozole in the morning what fun...

Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending big gentle hugs xx

Hi Quaggie - glad your second op went well, hope you get good results.

Hi Quaggie. So glad to hear that you are home. Now let’s keep everything crossed for the results. Xx

Hello all

Susieone - how's the infection?  Hope you're feeling a bit better and symptoms have subsided.  I had hard lumps at the site of my surgery but I was told that this was the scar tissue, rather than infection.  I think some hard lumps might stay for some while.  But anyway, hope you're doing ok and get some advice and support from your BCN soon so you don't feel worried about the infection being anything more problematic.

My second op on Friday went ok - it was much quicker as I was at the top of the surgeon's list and didn't have to have the wire insertion or nuclear injection so I was home by mid afternoon.  My anaesthetist was lovely and made sure that I had enough anti-nausea meds so I wasn't sick and dizzy like I was last time.

Since I've been home I've been in a bit more pain than last time, I think because it's reopened wounds that were healed up so nerves are having to fight to reconnect again.  And I keep forgetting that I'm back at stage one in terms of post-op recovery and keep trying to do the things that I was doing last week at week 4 after my first op.  So have to remind myself that I need to take it as easy as I did immediately after the first op.  That's hard.  Physically and emotionally as I feel like I haven't made progress.  And I'm back to worrying about results again too.  Sigh.

Oh and this time the nurse told me definitely not to shower (unlike my surgeon's first op advice to let it all get wet).  So better advice wound wise but I'm finding not being able to wash my hair a bit depressing as it just makes me feel horrible.

Anyway, enough whinging.  My brother and friend have both gone home now so I'm back to being on my own and will soon get back into the swing of things again I'm sure.

Hope everyone else is well and enjoying the glorious weather we're having (at least down here in London).  Can't believe it's already September!

K x 

Yes Quaggie, I am looking out for you too, hoping all went well and you are mending nicely.  Hope you get some rest and time to enjoy these lovely autumn days x

Community Champion

How are you getting on after your second surgery, Quaggie? Hope you’re feeling ok xox

Hi wombat good luck for when you start rads hope all goes well.
I've already got letrozole to take on Monday after done with this course of antibiotics must be waiting until infection cleared before they discuss tags.

Susan x

Hi Susie. Had planning Rads start on the 13th. They said to hold off hormones until then so they can keep an eye on me and support me through the first 3 weeks of it .... hope all goes well Monday when you speak to BCN. It may be that the infection is under control but the physical symptoms are still present 😘

Hi wombat I could but last time they said to pop through on Sunday as there was lots of people waiting some up to 8hrs.

As I finish antibiotics Sunday I'll phone BC nurse Monday see what she says. I've an appointment Wed anyway.

How you doing Wombat are you managing rads.
And hormone therapy. X

Hi Susieone can you call the ward you were on and ask to speak to sister ?

Oops posted before finished.

I've got a list of questions ready for when I go but wondered if anyone went through something similar.
Getting worried...

Hugs to everyone x

Hi all hope everyone is doing ok.

I finish my antibiotics tomorrow (Sunday) but the Infection is not clearing up. It eased a little that's all
I'm 3 weeks after op and go to hospital next Wednesday for check up.

Has anyone else had breast infection after surgery and did they say what it was.
I'm concerned it could be 1 of 3 things.
Eden, Cellitis or enev Inflamatory breast Cancer

Thanks everyone for all of your congrats! You are so right Elliesmum about the forum being helpful. We all understand and are going through similar feelings. It makes me realise that maybe I am normal after all!

Good luck on Tuesday Elliesmum.

Hope the surgery went well Quaggie.

Sorry to hear about your infection Susieone I hope it clears up soon. I felt like I had a tennis ball under my arm but now feels like a ping pong ball!

Hope everyone else is doing well x
Community Champion

Great news on the clear results, Michelle! Woohoo 👍💐💪 I really hope the infection clears up soon for you, Susieone.

I totally agree, Wombat Woo, that this BC business messes with your emotions. Who thought I’d be looking forward to having a bit of me effectively amputated?!? That’s why I’ve found this forum so helpful - you all understand as we are all on the same crazy rollercoaster ride.

I hope your surgery went well today, Quaggie. Fingers crossed for clear margins this time! 🤞

My post-surgery results appointment with the consultant is on Tuesday and I’m starting to worry a bit about it all. Trying not to think about it and to distract myself with work. My wonderful Mum is staying with us and has been so great at looking after me and my little one (even washing my hair over the bath every day as the damn drain is still in place), so I can’t really complain! My husband means we’ll but isn’t actually much help 😂. I decided to put him to use by requesting that he arrange a fabulous family holiday for July 2019! 🤗

Love to all xox

I agree that this messes with your head. I had good news with all clear results but don't feel like celebrating as they suggested.

This blooming Infection is doing my head in. Booby all swolen, red, itchy and very heavy and hard. 4 antibiotics 4 times a day is unsettling tummy and getting headaches. Thank goodness will have finished course Sunday.

I'm sure surgeon left a golf ball in my breast or is it a bowling ball....lol

Back nxt Wed to hospital to see if it's cleared up but I don't think it will have. I'm coping but it does get to me.
Start letrozole Monday so will be popping 4 pills each morning as ive other meds to take for thyroid lol

Anyway hope every one is coping with there own issues and can see the light at end of tunnel.

Hugs xx

Great news Michelle. 👍❤️🌸🌸🌸🌸. You are right even though I know my results were clear my head is still a mess!!!

Quaggie it is not just other people’s good results that mess with your head it can be your own! I had a call from my surgeon yesterday to say the pathology report was in and everything they took out was completely clear! Lumps and Lymph’s! Yay! It is the result I wanted of course. It makes the 6 cycles of chemo worthwhile. But I am left thinking what does this actually mean? You are right cancer messes with your head! X

Good luck Quaggie xxx hope everything goes in your favour. Remember its all about you 🌹🌹🌹

Thanks all for the good wishes.  I'm super anxious again and really emotionally on edge about them getting everything this time.  I'm so happy for everyone who's had good results but also very jealous.  Cancer just really messes with your head doesn't it?  I constantly feel like I'm the worse person in the world! 

I'll try to message late Fri or Sat when I'm out.  In the meantime wishing everyone pain free days and lots of rest xxx

All the best Quaggie, fingers crossed for clear margins and a speedy recovery

Go Quaggie !!! Keeping everything crossed for lovely clear margins xxx

All the best fot your op quaggie.

We're all in your corner for tomorrow Quaggie  -  wish you all the best, safe travels, speedy recovery, and we'll see you when you get back! Hugs x

Good luck on Friday Quaggie, I will keep everything crossed for you.
Great news Susie, I’m really pleased for you.
Christine brilliant news that the chemo did it’s jkb and the tissue was completely clear. Great to hear you are recovering well and getting out for walks, however short. I’m full of admiration of you changing your own dressings, I think I would have had to have got my friend who is a nurse to do it for me! Well done!
Hope everyone else doing well xx

Hi Quaggie

Thanks for the advice on tablet swallowing, I might try what you suggest although I would probably just end up eating the smarties!  In answer to your question, Foob does mean false boob.  When I first joined the forum I noticed that a few people seemed to use this term so I started to use it too.

Thank you Ellie's mum x

Wombat woo Thank you xx

Hi Quaggie surgery was the first step after an initial biopsy during my mammogram recall.

Hi Michelle 21 glad you're healing well. Taking plasters off wounds can be a bit scary and such a relief. Turns out im allergic to plasters so has soft dressings on.
Enjoy your visits and lovely dog. Keep busy the time soon goes. Good luck with your results.

Hugs x
Community Champion

Great news, Susieone! So pleased for you.
Good luck on Friday, Quaggie!
Xox

That is fab news Susieone - great results.  You must be so relieved to know that it’s all gone and what the next few months look like in terms of future treatment.  Can I ask if you’d had chemo first to shrink the tumour or if the surgery was the first step for you?  Tell me to bog off if that’s too nosey ;-)

Linda and Christine - hope your tightness eases soon and you can feel able to walk around a bit more easily.  But small steps.  Don’t rush it, you will get there.  Well done for managing on the lower level drugs too - I know codeine and the like can cause other side effects so it’s good that you can manage.  Linda - I used to share the same problem about tablet swallowing but have tutored myself over the years as I’ve been on long term medication now for ages.  I have to break bigger pills in half and struggle with capsules but can manage smaller things now.  My brother taught his kids to do it with smarties - maybe you should give that a try and the chocolate won’t hurt! ;-) 

Christine Rim - good news on that lack of of hiding tumours too.  Re: the team bit, I haven’t seen anyone apart from my surgeon and the BCN so far.  I think I’ll be handed over to an oncologist once the surgery element is done but I think even if you haven’t seen other people you will be discussed at MDT meetings by everyone.  And your BCN should be the central point of contact as they should be with you at every step.  But I think maybe different NHS regions work differently.

I found out that my BCN couldn’t see most of the documents on file for me as she’s based at one hospital and my surgeon has his letters sent from another one (where I had my surgery).  It’s stupid that the nurse dealing with me can’t see any of my paperwork!  And frustrating as it meant I spent a lot of Tues trying to chase down different secretaries to get an answer to a simple query.  

BTW I keep seeing people writing ‘foob’ - what does this mean?  Is it ‘fake boob’? Just curious.

Sending everyone hugs and strength.  My next surgery is creeping closer on Friday and I’m getting nervous again - I just want clear margins! 

K xx 

Woohoo Susieone !!!! Great news xx

Christine - it sounds like your tummy feels the same as my back (I had LD flap recon).  I can't walk very well because when I stand up my back is really tight and I feel as if I can't stand up straight.  I can't imagine being able to go for a walk for a long time but I suppose I am only 9 days post op.  I'm also managing on paracetamol and ibuprofen but that's mainly because I am a big baby when it comes to swallowing tablets and they are the only thing I can get in non tablet form!

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Afternoon everyone from a sunny South Yorkshire.
I've just got back from hospital with...drum roll please...good news.

My cancer was only 4mm and pre cancer made the rest up to 4cm all gone clear margins.
Nodes all clear too. Yay..

Have to wait for infection to clear before they sort rads out but got letrozole to take when done with antibiotics. Which are giving me loose bowls lol.

I will read everyone's posts after I've settled down but a big thanks to everyone who wished me well and your kind words.

Big hugs to you all. Xxx
Community Champion

Great to hear your good news, Christine! So pleased that there were no sneaky tumours hiding anywhere.

I had my dressings changed today and the wound looks like it’s healing really well. It was a bit surreal seeing the big scar and no nipple, but looked ok to me. Still have too much fluid draining out, though, so stuck with my drain for the time being. The connection between the tube and the bulb came apart as I was sitting on the couch yesterday - resulting in a weird sound and fluid leakage 🙈 I managed to do some quick work with micropore tape to remedy the situation. The breast care nurse today was impressed with my handiwork and left it as is! Haha I really hope it stays connected now until it gets removed. Seeing the consultant for the pathology results next Tuesday so hoping I can finally get rid of the drain then.

Xox

Hi 

Haven't been online for a few days as my daughter was around over the weekend and so much to catch up on. like everyone else i had a down day over the weekend as movement and pain got to me. I think i expected to be able to reduce the pain relief quite quickly but i saw the consutant today and he was impressed that i was only taking paracetemol and iburpofen and nothing stronger. He said it was all healing well and everything was as good as it could be. i went for a walk yesterday and the tummy was stretched more than i have done since the DIEP so by night time it was very sore but recovered well by this morning. I now need to redress my scars/wounds every other day which sounds scary to me but hopefully wont be. At least on the second day i get to shower with the dressings off before applying new ones which sounds like it should be nice. Still need the infernenel tight pants and sports bra 24/7 and this will continue for another 4 weeks.

I am 14 days post op and although i moan about pain and movement, it is amazing how far i have improved in those two weeks. Every day it is easier than the last even if the increase is onky small i am adding them up. My tummy feels very tight and stretched so when i stand up it takes a few seconds for it to relax and let me walk upright.

I am not sure that i posted that at the end of last week my breast surgeon rang to let me know the breast tissue in the mastectomy breast was completely clear. Lumpectomy done before chemo so it was great news that no more cancer was present. Back in 2001 when i had the previous mastectomy they found another tumour so i was fully expecting more this time. Anyway breast tissue all gone and chemo complete so just the hormone therpahy and herceptin to go now with regard to the cancer. More surgery will be due to balance things up but a lot less major than the one i just had.

I am not aware of a team dealing with me as each person seems to act seperately and i act as a go between. The oncologist and breast surgeon talk to each other and the plastic surgeon knows the breast surgeon but not sure there is a team. Does everyone else have a team? 

All the best to you all. Sending hugs to those who need emotional support and good wishes to those waiting for results.     

It's good to hear from you Jane - your experience when you had your darain taken out sounds awful but I'm glad you're ok now.  I also felt really achy when I had my first hair wash on Sunday (my daughter did it for me leaning over the bath).  She also dried it and straightened it for me which was nice although she wasn't too impressed when I said she would probably have to do it for the next 4 weeks!  I'm glad you described how your front, side and back felt because it sounds the same as mine and I had been wondering if that is normal.  When people ask me what the pain is like I can only describe it as a really tight feeling like there is somebody inside me stretching all my muscles.  Good luck with your dressing removals!

Big hugs to everyone x

Great - thanks Anna, I'll definitely take a look. Hope it wasn't a breach of community rules to post it in this thread? 

Hi Quaggie

Thank you for posting and sharing your blog.  We have a new area for people who are blogging about their breast cancer, Writing about breast cancer.  Please take a look.  We are hoping that people will use this space to find inspiration whilst going through their own journeys and also for bloggers to share tips and how to write.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Community Champion

It’s so interesting to hear about the different approaches of the various teams when dealing with the issue of drains and other post-op matters. I actually don’t know how big an ostrich egg is, Wombat Woo, but it sounds very large!

I hope the tightness in your foob starts to subside soon, BR. I’m guessing it’s normal for there to be some tightness and swelling on the affected side? I’m certainly hoping so - else I will look very lopsided, as my foob is currently significantly larger than my “real” boob (even with the drain still in place). 😂

I spoke with my BCN this morning to ask a few questions and report back on the drain situation. She informed me that it will need to stay in for a little while longer, but that I should still come in tomorrow to get my wound checked. I’ve not seen the wound properly yet, as there are dressings covering the whole area, so it will be interesting to see what it looks like when it’s uncovered tomorrow.

I completely agree, Quaggie, that it is hard to handle weekends and bank holidays when you need to ask a medical professional some questions! I too had a bit of a wobble over the long weekend. I hope that your BCN has returned your call by now and explained the additional acronym included in your results letter. I’m not able to help decipher the meaning of the letters, I’m afraid, as I’ve not received any results (or even a confirmation of diagnosis) in the post, just lots of appointment letters! 😊 Best of luck with your re-excision op and your blog.

Love and gentle hugs to all xox

Hi all

Hope everyone managed to have a good bank holiday weekend.  Shame the weather wasn’t quite the blue sky bliss we’d had before. 

Not sure I’ll be able to catch up with everyone’s comments but:

Wombat woo - great news on your results.  That must be such a relief.  I think one of the hardest things in all this is not being able to know exactly what’s ahead so when you’re given a definite plan it must be a relief.  

Jane304 - sorry to hear about the drain explosion.  Sounds horrendous, but it also seems quite common.  Who knew the body could behave in these sorts of ways?  I wonder if anyone’s ever made a horror film about all the things your body does to you while undergoing treatment!  And Jane I hope your energy levels balance out soon.  It’s exhausting physically and emotionally so allow yourself time to recover at your own pace.  

Delly - welcome and sorry to hear things have been so tough for you with both the BC and losing your mum.  I can’t imagine how tough that is to go through.  My family leave a distance away so my mum is supporting me via phone but I can hear how upset she gets if I phone her in distress so I try not to do it.  Sucks big time doesn’t it? 

Susieone - welcome too.  I had the same op as you back on 3 Aug.  So Sorry to hear you’ve had an infection, hope the antibiotics are kicking it in the ass! Totally allowed to be depressed and weepy.  Your emotions go on a roller coaster ride through this and allowing yourself to vent is key.  No point trying to be brave.  

I’m starting to get anxious about my re-excision op on Friday - I know what the process will be but am anxious that all the things I avoided last time round (infections, seromas, haematomas etc) might catch me out this time.  Fingers crossed, positive thinking etc etc!! 

Had a bit of a worry-fest over the weekend as well as I had a new letter from my consultant which had some mysterious new letters on it (cMo).  I stupidly googled and on a couple of websites it suggested this meant that cancer cells had been found in blood at a distance from the original tumour.  So I freaked out but had no-one to ask (why is it all cancer helplines shut down at weekends and bank holidays).  I have since started to think it might actually be a typo and mean no metastasis has been found but I’m waiting for my BCN to phone me back so I can double check.  I find the communication from docs so frustrating as they put this all in letters and don’t explain what it means!

And finally, I’ve decided to start a blog to document my journey (and to try and make sense of it all).  I posted my first entry at the weekend.  If you’re interested in reading it is here: 

https://atozeeofbc.home.blog

Would be interested to hear what other women in the same boat think of it and also interested to know what you’d have liked to have read when you were starting out with BC.

Anyway, hugs to all - I’m off for a walk along a canal and to play a room escape with friends (my addiction!).

Congrats on your results wombatwoo

Susieone emotions are certainly part of the course. Teary days, angry days, feeling low days they all seem to turn up. Just remember they do pass and you will feel better. It is harder when things don’t go as they are supposed to or as you hoped but the antibiotics should get you back on track, I will cross my fingers for your results tomorrow. Good luck and let us know how you get on x

Belmont Rose you seem to be doing well with a morning gardening! I have read Eleanor Oliphant too and loved it!

I am 12 days post op all seems to be going well. I had the last visit from the district nurse today. She took a plaster off one of the wounds and said all is looking good. So my next appointment is 13th to get my results. Waiting is the pits I am trying to plan lots of things between now and then to keep my mind off of it. My mum is coming to stay tomorrow and bringing our beautiful dog home so they should keep me busy!
Positive thoughts to all xx

Hi Elliesmum (and all on this thread)

I had my second drain removed after 2.5 weeks when it was still producing 90ml a day... which may be why my foob now feels so tight 10 days later! As I understand it, the timing of drain removal is a trade off between ideally less than 30ml/day and length of time in you increasing the likelihood of infection.

Delly, you are one brave lady to be coming back for recon - I am sending you lots of very positive thoughts and hope it all goes smoothly for you!

Hope everyone else is recovering well - and enjoying books, films etc. I recommend Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine and Amy And Isabelle if you’re into novels...Got to go to bed now - am knackered from a morning’s gardening...

Big hugs 

BR xx

Hi Susan. Yes I will have 15 sessions of radiotherapy and hormone therapy for 5-7 years. With annual mammograms at the breast clinic. ... Rad’ should start around 6-8 weeks after surgery but this can be longer if healing is slower ... I will let you know when I hear xxx