Sensitive skin after my diep construction in August 19

Good morning all!!

I am very new to this site and have only had my diagnosis back in June of this year and had my masectomy and diep reconstruction on 15th August 19 so I am still recovering and have noticed that the skin on my tummy has reacted to my usual shower gel. 

Can you advise if this is normal and what you suggest I use going forward and also will my skin always now be sensitive because I have never reacted to any product I’ve ever used before… … Lol!!!

I’d appreciate any advice you can give me… Thank you… Vicki x

Hi Vichop, well done on getting through that lot! Do you know how brave and strong you are? ?

My hospital gave me some Aveeno to use throughout my radiotherapy and advised me to get rid of all toiletries that were not paraban free. The skin dries out with both the chemo, and the rads, and the trauma of the operation isn’t helpful either. I haven’t had your op, but have gone through treatment, and have secondaries, so take two lots of meds which affect both the skin and hair. I would suggest you check your make up and toiletries and replace any that are not sulphate or paraban free. Unfortunately your skin will probably always need this extra care. Breast Cancer care has a great leaflet called ‘ Ditch the Junk’ which explains the ins and outs of cosmetics. Best wishes.??x

<li-spoiler> </li-spoiler>