Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seratoma

3 REPLIES 3
bcrsally

Re: Seratoma

Thankyou Dollymixture

that is very reassuring, the BCN said the same to me and suggested that unless it was tight and unbearable she would not advise syringing it off coz it may well just refill and would draining again, which was an added risk of infection. I was unfortunately found to be MRSA positive, but not reported on til post op, so we decided the extra risk of infection should be avoided for as long as possible.

dollymixture

I had the sloshing too.  I thought I was hearing things at first until I realised it was coming from my boob! I did call the BCN who informed that it would disappear within and a week....and it did.

DJD

Hi Bcrsally - I'd had not experience of surgery prior to BC, so seratoma was a complete surprise!  I have no recollection of being told about the possibility prior to my BC surgeries, so was astounded to find such swelling - it looked like they were growing back!!!!  Of course, there is a good chance that I was pre-warned, but was selecting which information to process prior to the op.  My BC nurse was brilliant and invited me in to have them drained - a completely painless process, to my relief, as she'd approached me with a pretty big looking hyperdermic...  

Hope you're soon feeling tiptop. 

bcrsally

Seratoma

Not really causing me a problem, not anymore painful than is normal post surgery, or tight, red or a noticeable swelling.  But why is the glugging and sloshing  sound not mentioned anywhere in the preop information packs..I thought I had imagined it the first time I heard it but now I have spoken to the BCN it has become apparent that is exactly how other people describe it, wish I had been aware of that, it was and is really weird.