Soreness after surgery ?

Hi girls , I am just over 4 weeks post operative from wide local excision and therapeutic mamoplasty. Due to start radiotherapy next week . My wound has healed well . My question it , my boob is still quiet sore inside , just a bit of an ache. Haven’t been taking analgesia but probably still need them . . Worried that radiotherapy will make the soreness worse . How are your boobs after this procedure? Is this normal? 
many thanks x

Hi there and glad to hear your wounds are recovering well. I’m not an expert but would say that some soreness 4 weeks after your surgery is normal.

I had a bilateral WLE and therapeutic mammoplasty with sentinel node biopsy. My radiotherapy was 12 weeks after my surgery. The radiographer could see from the scans that my breasts were still swollen from the surgery even then so I would say that having some discomfort four weeks after is quite normal. I was also recommended to take as much pain relief as I needed after surgery to enable me to stay mobile and aid recovery.

Difficult to say how the radiotherapy will affect you as it is different for everyone.  My skin/breast healing wasn’t affected much but I was hit with fatigue once it had finished.

Don’t suffer in silence though so make the radiotherapy team aware of your concerns. The team I had were really kind and informative and keen to make the experience as bearable as possible.

Good luck with your treatment and I hope you continue to have a speedy recovery.