cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steri strips

4 REPLIES 4
jclarke4

Re: Steri strips

Thanks for your support xxx it's so helpful to hear how others have managed this emotional and physical rollercoaster xxx
Jobey68

The emotional side is often worse than the physical and it's completely normal to feel overwhelmed by it all, I went from elation at having had it removed back to anxiety over the results. Things improve after the first week post op as you begin to feel more human in yourself, an anaesthetic can knock you and we need to give ourselves time to recover from that, I think as it's a relatively small op we don't appreciate that we have still have surgery and all that entails, hope you are feeling much brighter soon xx Jo 

jclarke4

Thanks for that xx I am just worrying a bit about removing them as it hurts so much. Am also overwhelmed by the emotional side of post surgery. Also normal I expect! Xx
Jobey68

Hi, I took mine off after 5 days as although I tried to protect the area in the shower the dressings were wet and hanging off anyway , I put another on to protect it initially but left it off after a week as it was all healing fine , I'm not suggesting you should do the same without consulting your doctor or the clinic but I had no problems.

It's normal to feel stingy especially where your nodes were taken. XX Jo 

jclarke4

Steri strips

How long should the steri strips stay in for after a lumpectomy and SNB? Mine feel stingy and sore but am sure that is normal? Thanks for any advice xx