Still feels sureal

51 REPLIES 51
Highlighted

Re: Still feels surreal

Hey Mandles - That's such brill news to hear. I'm so pleased for you xxx

Highlighted

Hi Delly,

good to hear from you, active treatment finished with now and I’m back at work which is why I haven’t been here for a while.

I hope you are okay.

Keep safe everyone xxx

Highlighted

Hey Chelle and Mandles - Glad to hear your rads are over and your boobs have now cooled(!!) and I'm hoping that's it for both of you, treatment wise.

Cjo - Sorry flower. Your post seemed to have got overlooked in the frivolities! I so hope you're recovering well from your mastectomy, are you? 

I've been very quietly sat here since the 4th of Feb now (Yes, VERY quietly for me!! 😄), waiting for Wonky to regale us all with her fore mentioned "juicy" Liam Neeson anecdote. Zilch, Nada, Nuthink! Where is that girl?

Wonks, Oh W O - H O N K S. Where are you? Do come on and dish the celebrity goss. We (ME) are all waiting for summat "juicy". Hope you are doing well too, flower.

Jowels - I hope you too are still doing well.

That goes for anyone else I haven't mentioned on this thread, or any newbies looking in.

Lots of love to everyone xxxxxx   

Highlighted

Hi Delly

Hope you are doing well

Yes, I finished my rads 2 weeks ago today 😀. I got through them fine, very minor skin reaction and tiredness.

Stay safe and keep smiling in these scary times xx

Highlighted

Hi Mandles. Glad you didn't take offence at my "Hot Boobs" jest and hope you've cooled down now.

Chelle - Have you finished your Rads yet, or not? Hope you're getting on okay??

Lots of love to everyone, Delly xxxxxxx

Highlighted

Re: Still feels sureal

hi, just been reading your posts and smiling to myself 😁😁 I finished my rads 27/12 after a WLE and SNB.

"Hot Boobies" will definitely be a good name for you after your rads...mine is just starting to cool down, a little 😁

Keeping singing and dancing ladies 😁

Highlighted

Hi - I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago and had a mastectomy & sentinel node biopsy 6 days ago.   I also sometimes feel its surreal and hasn't really happened - so you're not alone in that!  I'm sure everyone else in your life wants you to make sure you look after yourself - that's best for them as well as you.  Good luck tomorrow.  

Highlighted

Re: Still feels sureal ( the surreal but fun curve ball)

Wonks, I don't have such famous connections, so can not open such a thread. It's up to you, girly! Liam et al.

And you'd gone to bed, a few hours ago, but have resurfaced, excited to regale us with all this talk of the famous. I need some support from Jowels. I'm pretty sure she'd know what to do/suggest, despite her recent shenanigans with my employee, George!

Sooo, Liam??? Am twisting your arm again!

Who'd have thunk (spelling intended) this thread was in the BCC Forum? We're amongst those who mix with the famous!

Liam, Missis?? Go on.  xxxxxx 

Highlighted

Aw shucks, you got me on both counts, Delly.

Once upon a time I was an extra in a (fairly) famous movie. That's another true teaser! 

But anyhooo, that was my pathetic excuse for gatecrashing a filming  where I live, last year. Noticed the arc-lights. Just chatted to crew. Then poor JD 'felt the call of nature' and popped into the 'mobile washroom', only to emerge to be 'introduced' to La Wonks. Poor guy just wanted a peaceful pee! 50 Shades, it was not. But he was charming and polite. And handsome.

Liam Neeson - that's a bit juicier anecdote! 

I think 'The Do Dahs' would be a great name for a separate thread. When it's in place I shall post a spoof 'Party Political Broadcast On Behalf of the Breast Cancer Party'. 

Much love to all ( we gotta keep laughing xxx)

Wonks. 

Highlighted

The "Doo-Daahs" - hee hee, there's another good name for our dance troupe.

Someone changed the name of this thread?? Don't think I didn't notice. Wonky, was it youhoo perhaps?

Go on, spill the beans on JD. We're all dying to know.

xxxx

Highlighted

Not sure I can, should I have signed one of those Non Disclosure do-dahs?

To be continued........ Love and respect to all that are sailing on this Ship of Good Hope. Need to rest up. The Tam wears me out. X Night night lovelies, everywhere. X 

Highlighted

MMmm, yeh well, Jowels didn't mention George was made to wear said little white starched apron "only", so he's still getting over the shock of it all. I innocently presume the feather duster was tucked into the apron strings tied round his waist, or held in his hand. I sincerely hope it was, as I don't wish to add any "smut" to this thread. I'm faar too clean minded or innocent (not either! Smiley Tongue). But can you all please just stick to the "Hugs", and now also "pay up front". 

Wonky - Okay, so come on. How did you get to meet Jamie Dornan??? We're ALL now dying to know. Spill the beans, or fish fingers in your case. (FF butties are something I've tried)

Lots of love to everyone  xxxxxx

Highlighted

Hi girls! This is fun. Cheering the Wonks up, thank you. Love you all. Mwah.

I'll not monopolise my investment in 'rent a hug', but if JC had completed his missives with Jowels, could you spare him for 30 mins, Delly? Our (equally potty) debates about food have brought me to the point of......... a fish-finger sandwich in WHITE SLICED bread. Yep, it's about to actually happen! But even better if JC were to 'present the FFS on a nice tray'. 

Dells, we have touched on Jamie D being recruited..... as you know I have briefly met him, but I didn't explain the story in detail. Marginally amusing, but you might winkle it out of me.

Keep going lovelies. Wonks. X

Highlighted

Hi lovelies this has cracked me up 😍

Hope you are all doing ok and enjoying any postives whenever and where ever we find them 

hugs Jowels x

Highlighted

I'm sure Jowels realises I'm only teasing with the "hussy" bit, but that I'm NOT joking about the "Send him back". George C is now complaining that he's being made to wear one of those little white starched aprons you mentioned in the "Tamoxifen" thread, and carry a feather duster at all times!! Contract was also for "Hugs only".

xxxx

Highlighted

Delly, you bring fun to the debate, but let's not spoil Jowels time, by going too far into the joke to offend J.  Have PM'd you.  That said hoping for a thumbs-up from J. X 

Highlighted

Wonks - It's Jowels who's monopolising him at the moment, not me, my dear. It was only supposed to be a quick 5 minute free hug, but he's been gone a couple of days now. Such a hussy that woman Smiley LOL (am teasing you Jowels). But what I don't think she realises, is that he's on a meter, and anything after the first free 5 mins is charged per minute. So she's running up a massive bill now. You're going to have to hand him back Jowels, before you go into overdraft. So stop being so selfish and send him back!! Smiley Frustrated as I've just found a clause in his contract - No Cloning Permitted. Have a long list of other Forum lady customers waiting. Otherwise I'm going to have to call on his substitute, Brad Pitt!

Dellydingdong xxxx 

Highlighted

Hey Jowels, so happy for you. Go crazy on the popcorn at the cinema. Lol. 

Delly my dearest, your wit and humour  always cheers me up. I'm beginning to get a bit jealous that you are monopolising Mr C's 'cuddly side' and passing off second-hand clones to the rest of us. Giggling. Crikey knows what Mrs C would think of this. Love to this ship and all who sail in her. Wonks. X

Highlighted

Morning lovelies 

thank you so much for your messages.

I am still so overjoyed about it and will always feel so lucky.

im now going to not miss a single thing of my life with my brilliant hubby and 5 year old son.He was so cute when I told him mam didn’t need more surgery and asked when are we seeing the new Sonic fun at the cinema ❤️
I know we have still challenged ahead but remember how incredibly strong she resilient we have been.
wishing everyone love and strength 

hugs Jowels xx

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

I am so pleased for you great news, now you can move forward, relax into your recovery. I am the same as you now waiting for the rest of my treatment poss chemo, definitely radiotherapy and meds. I am still relived that all of my cancer was removed. I can now start to live again.

I am so happy for you and your family.

Lot's of hugs. Love Purple Lady xxx

Highlighted

Jowels - Whoooohoooo!!! That is such great news. Fandabibloomin marvelous. I bet you could have kissed your consultant. Maybe you did. What a relief for you.

Great excuse for a thread party, and more dancing for "The Boobies".

Wishing you lots of restful zzzzz's and speedy healing.

Just popping off now, to work out a few dance routines for us. Have to fit it in around my very busy George Clooney Deliver-a-Hug business (Am sending you a "free" one Jowels. Sorry, rest of you will have to queue up.) Sooo busy, girls. Think I'm gonna have to "clone" him!! Ha ha hee Smiley LOL Heart Heart Heart's to everyone.

DoolallyDelly xxxxxx

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

So glad you received positive results and are moving onto the next steps in treatment 😀

Just take one day at a time and look after yourself. You are now in the system and they will keep an eye on you over the next five years so anything strange will be picked up at an early stage. Checks may tail off but that will be a good thing as it will show you are recovering well. Try and stay positive and live for today, life is too short and nobody knows what life will throw at them next.

Keep smiling, sending hugs x

Highlighted

Fantastic to read your post Jowels, hun. So pleased for you !xxxx!. Wonks.

Highlighted

Hi lovelies 

hope you all doing ok where ever you are in your treatment.

i had my histology today and I’m so relieved to say that the margins are clear as were the SNB.My amazing consultant got it all.

I'm now waiting to see oncologist to make decisions about potentially 6 cycles of chemo then definite radiotherapy and meds.

feel so incredibly relieved and happy.

im hoping for radiotherapy and meds but obviously will take the chemo if this is what is best.Now is my time to work on the anxiety,sleep loss, panic attacks and recover from the surgery.

wishing all of you luck and positivity wherever you are.

hugs x

Highlighted

Hi Delly

No problem......we were just having a laugh renaming old totp dance groups 😀

Not looking forward to rads but needs must so I'll grin and bear it.

Hope your treatment is going well x

Highlighted

Yeh sorry Chelle

Wasn't meaning to be unsympathetic or inconsiderate with the "Hot Boobs". Could perhaps a bit close to the bone.

I do of course hope your rads go well, without any or few probs.

Lots of love xxxx

Highlighted

Thank you Wonky 😀 x

Highlighted

Good to have a laugh, but hope you are OK Chelle. Lots of tips on rads here, if of any help. X

Highlighted

Given that I start rads in Feb my vote goes to hot boobs 😂😂😂

Highlighted

Yeh, good one Chelle.

Or "Legs and Boobs", "Boob Gossip" or "Hot Boobs" may be relevant following rads, which I hope isn't the case. I apologise for that being in poor taste.

Eeee, the mind boggles, or rather this is the type of daft boggling mine does!

xxxx

Highlighted

Delly / Wonky

You two are really taking me back to my school years, we could always change the first word in one of the dance troops and become "boobs and co" 

Sending hugs 

Highlighted

Ha Ha Wonks, I've never heard the expression "Ear worm", but it's so apt. Must remember it.

Are you thinking of "Hot Gossip"? It was the Strictly judge, Arlene Phillip's dance troupe.

Hope that's the right one for you, and has exterminated that "worm" before it burrowed too far in! xxx

Highlighted

Delly, thanks for another smile; you have a great sense of humour. so funny!

I now have 'an ear worm':

" I Lost My Heart To A Starship Trouper" by Sarah Brightman ( can't recall the name of the dance group). 

But I forgive you hun. Lol. And lots of love to all. X

Highlighted

Hi again fellow boppers!

Oh, I don't know, the standard of dancing looks pretty good to me, from here Smiley LOL Think we may have the makings of another Pans People ? !! That's to those of you who remember the ole Top of the Pops days. Move over Flick Colby (one of the dancers and choreographers), who must be all of 70 by now. What was the name of that comical older dance troup? The Eeenie Meanies or something. Not that I'm presuming we're all of a similar age to them, or share their plumpish body shape (ooo-err, nearly landed myself in it then). But I'm sure we can come up with a better name? How about The Boobielisciouslies - The Boobies for short perhaps?!!!

Incidentally, my recent "downer" isn't related to BC. Just wanted to make that clear.

Lots of lurrrrv xxxxxx 

Highlighted

Chuckles here. Dance like no-one is watching and sing like no-one is listening! On both counts, definitely best done in private in my case. But yes, it is a great stress-buster. 

Wonks x

Highlighted

Hi Delly

Good for you 😀 Music always lifts me also......but my dancing leaves a lot tibe desired 😂😂😂

Keep on moving

Love and Hugs

Chelle x

Highlighted

Hi Delly 

good for you girl.I can definitely relate to long periods of the downer however I’m only 3 months into it.

you enjoy anything you can I say 

and thanks for your good vibes 

hugs x

Highlighted

Hi Chelle and Jowels

Am thinking bout you both whilst sat listening to some music - it's always been a massive therapy (medication) for me. I'd forgotten just HOW much as haven't listened to ANY for such a long time, 8 months or so, and been in such a bad downer. Has given me such an uplift (been dancing around like some silly fart!!Smiley LOL. So am passing on my better GOOD vibes to you both.

With lotsa lurrrrv too xxxxxxx 

Highlighted

Hi Chelle 

thanks Hun.Im due for my results 29th 

🙏and trying to keep a hopeful outlook 

good luck for your next stage 

big hug x

Highlighted

Hi Delly 

thanks for your message 

you’re so right the not knowing is the pits.

hope you are getting on ok

big hugs x

Highlighted

Thanks Delly 😀

I have just had a change of bcn as my original one is ill so have not discussed bras with her or 'fillets' etc with her as just covered what happens with radiotherapy at my visit and they were that busy I didn't want to take up too much of her time. Will ask after radiotherapy though.

Good luck with your treatment also xx

Highlighted

Hi Jowells

I hope you get the same results as me next week also. What date are they due?

It's one hurdle out of the way in the battle

Take Care x

Highlighted

Hi Jowels - Fingers are crossed for you too for good results next week. I think waiting's one of the worst things. Bit like having a sword dangling over your head. Hope you're finding methods to distract yourself.

Lots of love xxxx

Highlighted

Chelle

thats amazing news so pleased for you.Im hoping I’ll be in the same boat next week.

good luck for your next stage 

hugs hugs 

x

Highlighted

Hi Chelle56

That is fantastic news and another major step over for you. I can imagine the relief you felt. I hope you've celebrated?!

Hope your apptmnt goes well on Friday, as I do the rest of your treatments.

Also hope you have some help with bra fitting. Has your BCN mentioned anything about a "fillet" or anything else you can use in your bra. If not, it may be worth asking rather than coping on your own.

Good luck with it all, flower.

Lots of love to you and everyone xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Jowells

I had brilliant news today. My surgeon said the results came back as grade 1 mucinous cancer, she has taken it all out, clear margins and clear nodes 😀

So half way there.

Seeing oncologist on Friday to discuss radiotherapy and on Letrozole for 5 years.

As I had lumpectomy on one side only may have fun finding bras to fit 😂😂 but I wanted the least surgery

necessary 

Hope you are all doing well x

Highlighted

Jowels, thanks hun. This forum is a fantastic community and a great source of support and comfort for women going through BC, in all its different forms and stages. I'm doing good (thanks hun), but sadly others not so much. X Love and hugs to everyone. Wonky.

Highlighted

Wonky 

that analogy of when you are given diagnosis is so spot on.So accurate 

hope you getting on ok 

hugs xx

Highlighted

Hi Chelle. I think your choice of words, "surreal" are spot-on. The point at which you are told, everything changes. I describe it as suddenly being 'beamed up' to Planet Cancer from Planet Earth. Whoosh!

And for a while, you will have one of each of your two feet, on each of these two, very different, planets. Which is challenging. But, over time you do come back to planet-earth. Wishing you everything. Hug. Wonky X 

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply Jowells 😀

I do jigsaws / crossword puzzels to keep busy and have started going on my exercise bike again!! I'll get my head round it at some point.

I hope you recover well 

Sending hugs

Chelle x