338600posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery January 2020

Re: Surgery January 2020

Hi Carisma, 

that must have been a real let down. I know I would always trust the initial tests but it seems that lots of people are given an initial diagnosis/prognosis and it can change not necessarily for the better. Woman Sad

Frustrating waiting for dates too. I hope you get yours very soon. It'll be nice to have others alongside on this forum who are having similar experiences. I feel it always help when you don't feel on your own. 

Did you manage to find the lump on your own in the first place? It was out of the blue for me as there were no lumps, just calcification throughout. 

And how did you find the Sentinel node removal?

Thanks

Sam x

Re: Surgery January 2020

Hi Sam

I am due to have surgery in January 2020 but I don't have a date for it yet.  I had a lumpectomy on 19 November and a sentinel node biopsy.  However, due to the size of my tumour and no clear margins it has now been recommended that I have a mastectomy (pathology showed it was bigger than MRI indicated otherwise I would have had a mastectomy in the first place).  I have opted not to have reconstruction at this stage for various reasons.  I am also having an armpit node clearance at the same time as the SNB indicated that one of my nodes had cancer in it.  I have just turned 56 and also have 3 adult children. I had hoped by now to be clear of surgery but unfortunately not.  

Surgery January 2020

Hi,

I'm just wanting to connect with any others here who are having surgery in the very near future? I'm 54 with 3 older children. Having 3 Sentinal nodes removed on 8th January and having a mastectomy of my left breast with DIEP reconstruction hopefully very soon after.

Are there any others out there who are due to have surgery very soon too?

Thanks and hoping to hear

Sam

xxx