366408posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery January 2021

63 REPLIES 63

Re: Surgery January 2021

Bookish -  Hi again. I've been having a read of your history of C 30yrs ago and BC from 20 yrs ago. Crikeybobs girl, what a looong slog it's been for you. Plus, that's been a huge, massive and brave undertaking to have a Bi-lat mast and recon op. Do you feel, as with my own thoughts with both my mast ops, you didn't want to lose them, but at least you've now reduced the chances and risks of recurrence in breast tissue?? I hope you feel that is at least SOME consolation.

May be too early for you to say yet, but l also hope you're pleased with the results. Did you choose "implant" for "ease" as were my own reasons? Or were there other reasons for not choosing "self tissue" recon? And did you have  SUB or PRE-pec implant placing, with or WITHOUT Stattice/or tissue matrix slings??  I haven't yet completed my very delayed implant recon  xxxx

Titch  -  Ref repasting your post. "Thanks", but you flatter me. Mmmm, me thinks it was simply more to do with Delly persistence, and not wishing to be defeated by a flllippin machine(!!). as it DID take a while and a few attempts. Thanks also for the extra info on your girls, cats and not least of course, hubby. Yeh, poor fella, living in a household with FOUR hormonal women!!! Aaaarrrgh for him.

Bookish  - But I DIDN'T recognise Robin Wright though. I had to Google her!! Was ONLY then did I realise and recognise that I'd seen her whilst only HALF watching Wonderwoman, on in the background. And yeh, I agree, she does look good in it! Especially if you're saying she was 50 at the time of filming. But I'm afraid I can't be classed as being a member of your "Geeky" class yet 😆  Hey, I'm not knocking YOU, anyone else, or IT. Whatever floats your boat, I say. I happen to love cartoons, Shrek and Despicable Me types especially. To me, they're like going to see a panto (which I also lurrrv😊), in that they are as much for adults as kids, provide a giggle, and are easy entertainment. I'm still a BIG KID, if you haven't ALL already sussed (I can hear you all saying "NO, reeeally Delly"!!), and I don't care!! Still love the ole Disney cartoons. ANYthing Tim Burton, from Sweeny Todd, Alice in Wonderland, Edward Scissorhands. Just his sheer imagination blows me away, and sooo clever. Recently went to see his version of "Dumbo". Sat there, in a cinema MOSTLY filled with KIDS (yeh, in my element!), was totally engrossed, enthralled and entertained by it - just my cup o' tea. Loved it. These last years, I struggle to watch anything that requires a lot of concentration to follow the story. Just want/seek "easy" and uplifting entertainment. May be partly to do with Bipolar Disorder, but is that just an excuse(?) or mostly being down to that BIG KID?!! Ha Ha - I'm NOT ashamed to admit ANY of it. Ohhhh no I'm not (she says with a panto grin😛)

Gelbel  -  I'm Sorry, I keep hijacking your thread with unrelated stuff. Please forgive me for it. xxx

Lots of love to everyone, Dellypoos  xxxxxxx ❤️ xxxxxxx  Hey look 🐘 Dumbo!! 😊 

(Any one help me? - Sooo, if I plug this old I/pod into my computer, is it as simple to download these U-Tube Hypno recordings into it, as I would anything onto a "Flash Drive" girls?? Obviously I'll have to make sure it's charged up. I'm pretty sure I have all the required leads for it. I'm a bit LOATH to get rid of it, despite it being an antique. But also, they're such lovely designs these Mac products (not to mention expensive). Perhaps I ought to find a download of its instructions?? Thanks in advance xxx

After, all. Hope the weekend finds everyone on a "good day".

Delly - I think recognising Robin Wright in Wonder Woman is a mark of your own geek credentials 😉 She is absolutely my idol in that - spurred a real 'fit for fifty' urge in me. Once I'm recovered, back to that for sure! Having to keep reminding myself that it's still *very* early days - managing to shower and feed myself is absolutely plenty for just now!

I've been home a week now, after 4 days in hospital. Everything still feels so weird. I mean, I have fake boobs o.O It's been 20 years since I was first asked to consider a mastectomy, the reality of it actually having happened (after all this time) is still to sink in, methinks. In the meantime I'm not in pain, really (thankfully!), but I can just *feel* the things all the time, and that's more than a little odd. Brain not really grasping it all yet.

Well, back to my busy schedule of movies and TV binging 🙂

Hi everyone!

Thankyou for posting my message Delly-you claim to be be behind on technological advances but at least you managed to copy and paste it which I failed miserably to do!

Hope you’re all having a nice weekend -Peonyrose I just started following these ladies on Instagram last night 

https://linktr.ee/Secondary.sisters

Lots of information and positivity on their website. Sorry if you’re being inundated with suggestions!

Had my first CT scan lastnight-what a weird feeling it is when the dye gets administered-honestly thought I’d wet myself!!!

Delly I have 3 daughters ranging from 12 to 17 so our house is definitely hormone receptive-at least the cats are boys so other half not completely alone, but yes I’m a teacher as well but supply-I stopped as soon as had my diagnosis in Nov as didn’t want to risk catching covid!!

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday!!!

Love to you all!xxx

Bookish - Afraid I have only TWO words to say in response to your fillem faves - Yeh GEEKY 😆  I'm teasing (well partly! 😛).  Robin Wright? Didn't I see her in "Wonder Woman" the other night?? I was too busy bopping and entertaining to watch it fully. Sorry about the "Princess Diaries" faux pas - jeez, I'm showing my age ref films. How are you doing, healing and feeling post op wise now?

Amy and Gelbel  -  No probs, flower. Thanks for your Happy Birthday wishes. Yeh, Tuesday, got yours and Gelbels days mixed up. Hope you're both having a relaxed and restful weekend.

Peonyrose - You too. Jaybro/Jan mentioned the "Progressive Hypnosis" (look up on U-tube) on the "Axillary Node Clearance" thread, for chilling to, or helping you to sleep. I had a look at a few tonight - reeeally good.

I don't have a mob phone I can record onto, am still using a now antique dinosaur Nokia 6230 !!  I have my deceased brothers old I/Pod 2 ( I've never used, or know how to, so I'll try and get someone to show me how to record onto that, then I can take such recordings to bed with me, with some earphones. Told you I was a numpty 🙄  

Titch -  Thank You too for the Happy Birthday wishes. Are you a teacher? Or when you say "two of my girls", are you meaning two of your daughters?? If the latter, how many daughters do you have?

Lou and Parky - If you're both still looking in, I hope you're both okay.

If there's anyone I've forgotten, forgive me.

Well . . . . "I"  have   o n l y   just   finished   clearing   up   after   you   lot!!!! Mess? and talk about wild?? YOU all ended up making ME look shy and demure in comparison.     So who's birthday is it next then ? ha ha 😆  xxxxxxx 

Here's TITCH'S "Spoiler" message!

Hi lovely ladies!!!

I am so sorry I missed your birthday yesterday Delly!!!!  🙄  Feel terrible but Happy birthday or Penblwydd hapus as we say in these parts!! Unfortunately I was on heavy-duty homeschooling policing after receiving emails from schools saying 2 of my girls hadn’t done the required amount off work! 😝

Peonyrose I am in awe of you and just wish I could give you the biggest hug-can’t wait for hugs to be a thing again!! 

Gelbel hope you’re feeling okay and the soreness goes quickly so you can do those John Travolta ´Saturday Night Fever’ moves on Delly’s multicoloured dancefloor!

delly_2-1610851909536.png

Well by rights I should be at the hospital now prepping for my op but got 11 days of getting cramp in my fingers from crossing them in the hope that the new date goes ahead! 

Still onwards and upwards...well sideways at least!

Lots of love to you all!!!xxx🙄

Hi everyone!!

I honestly don’t know why my last post showed up as spoiler!!! I’m not giving any cliffhangers away!!🤣

I think only Delly worked out how to see it! I’ve just tried copying and pasting it here but it won’t let me!

I you do want to read it just scroll down to my last message-click on spoiler then click on spoiler again and it’ll come up!!!

Weird!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!xxx

Should be Wednesday Delly. Slight chance Wednesday week.

I did wonder why my hip and ankle hurt this am. All that dancing. 💃

Mum not bothered - had her 1st Covid jab today.

Hey Gel  -  Awwww, but I like your Norah Batty's.  Please can "I" have them? Am making a SNAKE onesie ready for our next party night - it needs to be TIGHT! Please apologise to your Mum from me for the missing trunk on her onesie, will you.

You're another one who doesn't remember last night. You kept pouring the ole "dancing juice" into your drain bottle. Am surprised your BCN didn't say owt about its contents today?! Maybe she didn't want to embarrass you? Mmmm, probably thinks me a bad influence.

More seriously - Guess you are waiting on results again now? Any idea when? Fingers are crossed for favourable ones for you, darlin'.

Lots of love to you all, girls    xxx❤️xxx❤️xxx❤️xxx 

Hi Alice 

Had a fab chat with my BCN earlier - we really drilled down on attitude and change curves. It's sort of something I do in my day job. Telling fear to do one sounds fabulous as it's not the stay positive, fight it clap trap people think is well meant. 

I had my drain out today. The nurse was happy with everything else and topped up my softie for a better fit. Gonna take my Nora Batty's off. Even survived my husband driving (that I always hate) in the snow. Took an hour to get the snow off the car.

Delly, yes Yorkshire, Leeds - we had 4-5".

My BCN nurse explained next steps and possible outcomes depending on findings. 

I'm having a 🍷. Cheers to you all.

Gel x

Titch  -  Why does your post come up as "Spoiler"?  Took me (numpty here) a while to suss it out.  Clicked on it twice for your post to come up.  xxx

Amy and Titch  -  I don't belieeeve you two.  You were BOTH with us last night.  We have PHOTOS (to prove it!) of you both, taking it in turns to hang from the glitter ball, . . . . . . by your ANKLES. . . . . ROTATING!!! 🤣   xxxx

Anyone seen my elephant TRUNK today??  Probably that Gelbel, claiming her knitted knocker back. 😘

Hi everyone! How are you all? I'm doing ok, still sore but its getting better every day and I'm making sure I do my exercises! I'm seeing my surgeon on Tuesday, for pathology results. I'm a bit nervous, but I'm hoping it will be radiotherapy next. 

Delly

Happy belated birthday! Sorry, I'm hopeless at keeping up with things. I hope you had a lovely day 

Alice 

I'm so sorry about your results. Keep on fighting this, you're a strong person! I hope you're feeling ok and seek as much support as possible 

Ah, to use the very geeky you-have-to-know-the-movie joke: how 'inconceivable' to confuse Anne Hathaway (is that Princess Diaries?) with the lovely Robin Wright, being told 'As you wish' by her dashing Dread Pirate Roberts! The Princess Bride is such a quotable one for fans. "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!".

Yeah, yeah - I did say I'm a giant geek! 😄

Spoiler
Spoiler
Hi lovely ladies!!!

I am so sorry I missed your birthday yesterday Delly!!!! Feel terrible but Happy birthday or Penblwydd hapus as we say in these parts!! Unfortunately I was on heavy-duty homeschooling policing after receiving emails from schools saying 2 of my girls hadn’t done the required amount if work!🙄😝

Peonyrose I am in awe of you and just wish I could give you the biggest hug-can’t wait for hugs to be a thing again!! 

‘Gelbel hope you’re feeling okay and the soreness goes quickly so you can do those John Travolta ´Saturday Night Fever’ moves on Delly’s multicoloured dancefloor!💃

Well by rights I should be at the hospital now prepping for my op but got 11 days of getting cramp in my fingers from crossing them in the hope that the new date goes ahead! 

Still onwards and upwards...well sideways at least!

Lots of love to you all!!!xxx

Bookish - Princess Bride? Is that the one with Anne Hathaway? I saw the first Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter at the cinema, when first released, I get you on the "fantasy" type. But am more a romcom and Mission Impossible adventure type girl. The Holiday is one of my faves, though ANYthing that's uplifting and upbeat. Hope you have a good restful sleep tonight, lovey. 

Same goes to everyone else xxxxx 

Delly: I've started a long-overdue rewatch of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I am an enormous geek, and they are so enveloping, ultimately so uplifting, and take me right back to a happier place 🙂 I might follow those with The Princess Bride, Ferris Bueller, and anything else that tickles my fancy!

Thanks Bookish  - Ha Ha - No offence taken. I just wish I was doolally all the time. Glad you're feeling comfey.  Your "favourite films"? Such as ??   xxx

Happy birthday, Delly! May you ever be 'dolally' 🙂

Yes, I've been coddling myself today. Feeling in need, so it's been lots of tea and my favourite movies.

Peonyrose, you are an inspiration! My heart goes to you, it really does - stay strong!

Eeeeeee,  Thank You girls.  It's sooo kind of you. You'll have to forgive me if I'm annoyingly excited, but it's so lovely to have someone to share it with (poor Delly 😔)

BluebellTime - I'm a real techno numpty, Mo, so if I can do it anyone can. I make up for it on the dancefloor though 😆

Peonyrose - Yeh, isn't that a brill post BluebellTime linked to. Truly Awesome Pawsome. You up to a bop, if you aren't too embarrassed by what you've already heard and about to see??!!🙄   One of your song's has just come on - "I believe in Miracles . . ." Hang on, now it's "I WILL SURVIVE"!!  Yey, Gloria.  Afraid my disco stuffs a bit dated.  Just doing the "bumps" with you. Whoops, Sorry, didn't mean to send you flying. I can be a bit over enthusiastic with my backside 😆  

On a very serious note, and yes I can be at times,  I can't tell you how much it has GLADDENED my heart, Peony,  you coming back on here today, with THAT attitude, and saying what you have.  I REALLY DO APPLAUD YOU. Cheers for Peony, Hip Hip, Hooraaaay.  Now go and make yourself useful, woman, and go and pop a few more corks will yer. Yehhhhh "Boogie Wonderland"'s on. One of my faves.

Phew - bit hot these onesies 😩       

Lots of love to everyone,  DoolallyDelly  xxxxxxx❤️xxxxxxx  

Happy birthday Delly!! 🥳🎉🍭🍰🦄🐯🦒🐘🥂🎈🎁 I hope you have had a special day ❤️Gelbel, I hope the discomfort you’ve been feeling is on it’s way out and tomorrow it’s settled back down.       Well I have managed to get back up again after the latest knockout!! It’s been a tough couple of days, we really do get put through the wringer with this disease!  I’ve just popped on here and seen everyone’s messages, support, care,friendship, laughter and love. I’m so fortunate to have you all in my camp... standing with me 👭👭.         I have spent the last 48 hours telling fear to do one and recharging my hope tank... and it’s filling up nicely. Then I come on here and you gave me the link to awesome Pawsome’s thread about no evidence of active disease. That’s what I’m talking about.... I’ll have whatever Pawsome is having!... way to go!💪🏼     I’ve started reading a book called ‘how to starve cancer’, very interesting and full of hope... I’ve been hearing so many stories of miraculous recoveries which has helped me get back on my feet.                          I love my tribe... you give me so much comfort and strength 🌺❤️🌺

Thanks for doing the link Delly. I read through your How to Do it and thought, naaaw, just ask Delly. Happy birthday lovely  xxx

Hi Gelbel  -  Thank You for your kind Happy Birthday wishes. I'm sorry you're feeling tender today. It's my fault for secretly loading up your trolley with so many crates of champers, whilst you weren't looking 😊 I DID PAY for them though!    

No snow here today. Noted you're Yorkshire Gelbel - I'm Macclesfield, about 20 miles S of Manchester, just on the Cheshire/Derbyshire border, so it's hilly. Popped out to the park for a walk and to feed the lake birds - it's bitterly cold. Popped to say "Hello" to my lovely elderly neighbour, and thank her for her card. She's a wonder at 87 and a ray of sunshine. Just recently had her 1st Co-vid jab. Told her I'll wait to see if she grows horns and a tail, before I get mine done! 😄

Hope you and other post-oppers, Amy, Bookish are all taking it easy and coddling yourselves??  Peonyrose - I hope you may be feeling a little better today?? Must be very difficult for you, having to come to terms with what you are having to. Sending you some strength to keep fighting.

Don't worry about dancing. I've often been told I'm very entertaining on the dance floor (Huh, cheek of it!!), so I can provide any amount of silly dancing to keep you all amused. I'll just pop some corks on a few bottles, help yourselves to straws girls.

Love and a big warm, gentle hug to you all,  DiscoDancinDelly   xxxxxxx   (singing in an EeebieGeeBees voice - Doin the Nightfever, Nightfever-err, you don't have to do it, waa-aa-aaaa) xxx

Happy Birthday Delly. 💐🥂 xx Might have to pass on the dancing - can certainly feel my pec/wound/armpit today. That's pushing a small shopping trolley with a few items in it for you and I was doing stuff with my left hand. 

What a good excuse to be (extra) lazy today with coffee, wine and blueberry muffins - especially given the snow. And, have more hugs for PeonyRose. 🤗

Bluebelltime - Mo, I've done it for you, flower. (For next time - Just open the relevant thread, right click on the address box, click COPY, open the message box you want it in, position your cursor, right click again and then click on PASTE)

It's a brill thread. Well done to you, for putting it forward.  

https://forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/Living-with-secondary-breast/No-evidence-of-active-disease/m-p/...

Wow,  such a hope-giving, up-lifting and inspiring thread. So many brave ladies. May it give you some hope Peonyrose ❤️  xxx

Titch - What a frustrating time you're having of it. Hope you get that date real soon. xxx

All you others, keep doing your exercises gals.

Am draping lots of glittering lights, have mirrored ball ready to rotate (A la Strictly!), and champers all ready and chilling. No need for glasses, have enough "bockles" so we can just use a straw, hic 😋  Umph, why did I try ironing my borrowed Gelbel's Mum's onesie elephant trunk? 😕 Mmmmm, NOT a good idea, Delly. I'll have to stuff it with a sock, OR I could pinch Gelbel's knitted knocker!! Mwa ha ha ha haa 😆     xxxxxxx 

Bookish  - But Dharrrling, "Onesies" are soooo "de rigeur" this season. And especially FROG ones. Why else would "I" be suggesting and having them?!!!!! Mine's pocketed for booblets too. 21st?? Naaaa, 62nd.  I'd gladly go back 20yrs, but not 40, yuk.

If it and ME are gonna be too noisy for this thread, then just say. I'll move it over elsewhere. 

Gelbel  - How did you KNOW to buy wine AND CAKE today?? I hadn't announced my b'day until just before you popped on this evening. E.S.P.? Or you're just a woman after my own heart, obviously. Think there are quite a few of us after that same "vino and cake" heart too, from the sounds of things!!!

Think we need to rally round and go and very "gently" grab Peonyrose, girls?? I keep trying to eat as much as possible of that treacle she said she was in.

Mmmm, if only it were JUST treacle, darlin girl.

❤️xxx❤️xxx❤️ 

Peonyrose,I am so sorry to hear this awful news. I hope you can soon settle into your treatment and that it works well for you. I don't know if this will help you at all but there  is a post from a member called Pawsome on the Living with Secondary Cancer thread, which gives very encouraging news about her progress, and she is not the only one with good outcomes. The  thread is called No Evidence of Active Disease, first post on 9 Oct 2020. Sorry I do not know how to do a link. Take care of yourself and do not give up. Much love Mo xx

Oh dear. I have spent *years* refusing to have anything to do with onsies... but for you ladies, I will cave, and I would find a frog onsie for a party with you all - for Delly's (21st?) birthday, and for all of us through all of 'it'!

Deffo party time. I went out today - wine and cake went in the shopping trolley. So lovely being out even though the weather was pants. No one stared at me. Well, no more than usual due to my supermodel looks. 😂🐷✈️

Hey Gelbel and girls

So this is where you, Amy and Peonyrose kept disappearing off the "Surgery tomorrow" thread to!! I know you purposely didn't tell me, so I wouldn't INVADE this area as well😆 Well Tough Boobies babes (even if "I" DON'T have ANY 🤣) .

It's my birthday tomorrow - think we need a party. Hopefully cheer Peonyrose up a bit if possible - you up for it Peony?? And all the rest of us up a bit. I'd thought about making it a "ONESIES" party?? What d'ya think Gelbel and girls?? Could meet on the other thread if you feel it more appropriate than this one?? I might have to ask to borrow your Mum's elephant onesie, Gel? 

Lots of love to everyone on here,  excitedly, Dellypoos xxxxxxx   

Oh PeonyRose, I was thinking about you all day yesterday. Oh my love*, what absolutely horrendous news - very pants indeed . My thoughts are with you.

Sending you hugs. 🤗

Gel x ♥ 

*Funny, we don't know each other and have only been in each others' world's a few days, I feel I know you already. I'm here if you want an ear to rant to. x 👂 😱 

Peonyrose Alice - Ohhhh, my darlin' girl. I'm not surprised you've had a "really difficult day". I can only imagine how you must be feeling. What (strong swear word) awful news.  I hope there's perhaps something further that can be done for you at some later stage. I'd been hoping for good news from you on the "Surgery tomorrow" thread and happened upon you here - with THIS 😞

My thoughts, prayers and love are with you right now and through this, lovely lady. ❤️❣️❤️

Lots of love to you and everyone else on here,  Delly  xxxxxxx  

Hey my lovely surgery January 2021’ers. This is not easy for me to write. Today has been a really difficult day.  I have stage 4 breast cancer that has metastasised to my spine and possibly my liver ( needs MRI scan to confirm or eliminate)
I have been told it’s not curable but can be managed. I’ve been prescribed Letrozole for starters, I need to have an injection each month to put me into menopause and stop oestrogen production and I’ll need a bone strengthening treatment too.
No surgery at this time and no chemo... I’d only want chemo to get cancer free but that’s not going to be the case for what I’m told.
It’s not what I expected. He was certain the lesions on my spine were cancer and that determined this outcome. What can I say... it’s just pants 🩲❤️❤️

Aw, that's tough, Titch! I think I was more worried about a last-minute cancellation than the actual surgery, didn't know how I'd cope with the sudden delay. Having overheard a conversation between some nurses, I think I was 'lucky' to hit a narrow window and be squeezed in, even as I wonder if I was sent home ever so slightly earlier than they would have without covid fears, and am now a bit paranoid about anything going wrong if the hospital gets overwhelmed - if it helps, at least that is one bit you can avoid!

Aw Titch that's a bummer, especially when you psyched yourself up. 🤗

Are you a everything happens for a reason type of gal? I am, though not in a god's/universe will type of why - p00p/good stuff happens. It might yet be for the best - giving you more time to clear your chest.

Think I'll pass on the cow - we had chickens for years, they were bad enough. They are feathered, lean, mean pooing machines.

Hope your day improves. I'm going to attempt to wash my hair without getting my dressing wet.

Gel x

Good morning lovely ladies!

Well had the dreaded phone call yesterday-Friday’s op now delayed as Wrexham hospital is really struggling with the covid situation! Felt sorry for the Macmillan nurse, she was trying to get round everyone so no one heard it on the news. Been given the new date of 26th Jan so only an extra 11 days and is in a different hospital 1.5 hours away where Covid is less of a problem.

Won’t lie -I was pretty fed up as had psyched myself up for Friday but could be worse!

Hope you’re all feeling really well! Good to hear your recovering well Gelbel...so when are you buying that cow lol?!!

Have a good day!!!

As you were. Staff nurse who would have removed the drain called back as she thought it sounded too good and wondered if the tube was blocked. She explained how to milk it as it were.

Wow like Niagara Falls. Still we didn't make a wasted journey. And I can now probably milk a cow with both eyes closed and a hand tied behind my back. 🐄

Only having my drain out at 12pm. Just 15ml drainage in 24 hrs, I'm mobile, pain free (taking 3 paracetamol a day), exercising and keeping my fluids up so they are happy to remove it. 🎉🎊

Hi Elaine.

ANC is anxillary node clearance - basically taking all of the notes out under the arm. I had that because my cancer was found in a couple of nodes at diagnosis/biopsy strange. No surprise because it was with the node swelling I went to the GP with.

All that commenting about the drain and it didn't drain at all during the day. But when I 'emptied' and re-vacced the evening whoosh! 100ml in 2 hours. Blooming thing obviously did not want to play nice in the morning. And it's behaved overnight.

I've had to resort to the ibuprofen this morning, only one, and that's because my drain site is a itching and stingy - not infected - I know it's how I recover. I can certainly feel my shoulder today from where my arm was obviously over my head during the op. Paracetamol doing its job. 

I'm quite surprised how mobile my arm/shoulder is - exercises are going well and the ones where you reach behind are easy. I do only have one long scar as they extended the mastectomy cut to get the note out rather than cutting under my armpit. At least, I should be able to get some deodorant on this morning. 👏

I'm going to attempt a shower later - I've found a large, thick carrier bag that I've cut a neck hole in. Going to be fun getting these surgical socks off with help from my hubby. 

I do hope everyone else is continuing on the recovery path and if you are struggling with your thoughts that they are lighter or clearer than they have been recently. 

Parky, I see you mention Yorkshire. Is that where you are? I am. 😀

Gel x

Morning

I came home with mine in a carrier bag - no tote bag on offer or heart shaped pillow but I had both at home.

I drained little so only had it for a couple of days and was only in the house as couldnt go anywhere (cos of covid) but i did have a habit of putting it on the floor and forgetting to pick it up!

Wierdest thing was I had to sleep the other side of the bed.
We are all amazing what we go through.

Enjoy sunday all xxx

Hi ladies,

Gelbel-so glad you’re feeling okay, not the most sensitive comment from your sis-in-law and surely they’d have warned you of this at the hospital if being seriously ill was a common risk! Hate to ask this but what does ANC mean?! Sometimes I think I’m the least informed person with BC ever lol!!

I’ll phone the BC nurse tomorrow and ask about the drain situation!

Thankyou ladies-have a lovely Sunday!!

Elaine

Hi Elaine,

most people seem to have a drain when they have a mastectomy whether or not they have lymph node surgery or implant reconstruction as well.

At my hospital, they sometimes have drain bags available and sometimes not. I took two of those thin cotton tote/shopping bags with me in op day and used them until I got some smaller drain bags.

If you know anyone who's handy sewing Google 'mastectomy drain bag pattern'. Cancer Support Yorkshire have a free one which is simple and good.

Hope that helps 

I've had drains in since my bilateral Mx on Wednesday, but I think that's more to do with the implants - they can't let fluid build up around those. They've been minorly awkward, not awful at all.

Hi Elaine 

I hope your op goes ahead. Ask your BCN about the drain, though I do think it's for ANCs.

I had a long decent night kip and just a little bit of a ache in the the top of my right pec - that's all.

Had fun with my drain this am - wouldn't click together. Quick call to ward, bit of advice and done. Phew - the only thing that worries me is that blessed thing. Not helped by my sister-in-law said last night that her friend messed hers up and that made her very ill. 🙄 

How are all you lovely ladies today? xx

Hi Elaine

Fingers crossed you are well enough for your op.

I had a drain as I had full lymph removal - I think it was linked to that so might be worth checking.

xx

Hi Gelbel!

So glad your op went well yesterday! Hope you’re feeling okay today and that you recover nicely! 
My lovely GP gave me antibiotics yesterday as a precaution as I’ve developed a chesty cold and was panicking my op next Friday could be cancelled! 
I’m going to sound really naive now but will I need a drain bag for my mastectomy? Does everyone have a drain? They didn’t tell me anything about this at the hospital!

Lots of love and best wishes for your recovery!!

Elaine

Gelbel. I'm so pleased it went well for you! I love my heart pillow now and the drain bag definitely comes in handy. Have plenty of rest and I hope you get better soon

Hello ladies, all done, back on ward, bit achy feel like done massive pec workout, certainly no pain. In for another 4 hrs at least for obs. Tea and toast I've just devoured was the best ever! Snooze time I think. 

Heart pillow and drain back just delivered - same colour as the cardi I wore in! 

Hope you are all safe and warm - snow here. Thank goodness none this morning when coming in..

Alice

That's ok, there is always hope! Im a hypochondriac too, I don't know how I've coped with all this lol. I'm doing ok thanks, but I think the anaesthetic is wearing off now, as I'm feeling more pain! Still manageable but needed to take some painkillers. How are you?

Gelbel 

I'm thinking of you today and hope it all goes well for you 

Amy, thank you so much for giving me some hope. Another friend of mine had a lesion on her liver and it turned out not cancer. This gives me some hope to cling on to, for now. This cancer malarkey isn’t for the faint hearted is it! 
I’m so pleased you are recovering so well ❤️