Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery January 2021

187 REPLIES 187
Gelbel

Re: Surgery January 2021

Hello ladies

I'm on weekly Paxotacil - no 5 of 9 tomorrow. An easier drug than EC and easier as you have 1/3 dose each week. Seems I had severe side effects on EC... from the steroids. Luckily that was just for a few days after then I was not too bad for the rest of the 3 weeks  So I was dreading weekly but it's all so much easier to manage and I feel normal 3 days out of 7. I'm not too far off the other days. 

I'm a very happy bunny today - wearing a wired bra for the first time that my hospital had a pocket sewn in for my prosthetic. It's amazing!!! Mostly as my real boob looks fab thanks to the wire. All very comfy thank you very much.

My arm's OK post op. Had some physio the other week as I had some cording that wouldn't shift.

That's just about where I'm at. Rads after the chemo but a little break down near my family in between - it'll be lovely to see them.

Glad to read everyone else is finding some normality. 🤗

Love AnGELa x

bookish

Hi all! Sorry I've not popped in for a while. I've been reading your updates, but I hate typing on the phone so it has to wait til I remember on the computer! Lovely to hear some positive vibes, hope they continue for us all!

Titch, sorry the chemo's hit you like that. Been such a long time since I had mine, but I was a constant vomit machine for a day or so after each. Bleh.

Now, I'm doing okay. I don't think I could have healed better from the mastectomy and recon, it's been such smooth sailing I'm scared to jinx it by saying so! That said, I do have a bit of rippling, and last week got the nod to get some lipofilling. Much to my surprise, that's 3 months off - thought it'd be more like next year. Oh well, good to get it over with. I'm also hoping they'll agree to take a bit extra on the liposuction side, more than a few bits of flab I'd happily 'donate' 😉

Only real downside is the struggle to get back to work. I have *such* great employers and managers, but it's tough having to say again and again that I'm not okay and struggling and need things to be super-slow - "no alarms and no surprises", I said to them, but apparently that's not easy! Sigh. I'm sure I'll get there, but it's been hard enough that my BCN has put me on the waiting list for the oncological psychologist. Hmm. Oh well, anything that'll help!

Overall, though, feels a bit mad that I'm out on the other side of it all. Again, but for real this time?! Fingers crossed! 🙂

Titch53

Delly!! It’s so lovely to hear from you! I’ve been thinking about you and wondering how you are!

Sorry it’s taken a while to reply but yes this chemo is definitely cumulative, had my 3rd and it’s been worse than the others! Even had to ring my chemo unit this Tuesday as was up all night with the runs (sorry if you’ve not had breakfast yet!) thought it was food poisoning but he said it’s definitely the chemo even after 2 weeks! Not looking forward to the Taxol next week but at least I’m on the homeward stretch with only 2 more after that!

Anyone else had Taxol?!! Docataxel to give it it’s proper name!

Delly good to hear the universe has recognised what a delightful person you are and is being nicer to you!! There has to be some positives from this pandemic and making friends sounds like a good one! Long may it continue for you (friends not pandemic!) 

Hope the rest of you are okay! Lots of love!!!! Elaine (Titch) 💖

delly

Hi again, Girlies,

Gelbel - Yeh, I'm still doing very well thanks. I must apologise, I'm very out of touch with how you're all doing. I so hope you're on the UP now, Gel?!!

Hi Titchy  -  So DID you find the chemo cumulative in effect?? I've read and heard many reports that it often does. How are you now, Titch, and how has it affected you??  I always consider myself to have been sooo lucky not to have needed chemo, just the double filleting bit! So I can only sympathise, as opposed to empathise, again from what I hear, read and SEE with women going through it. It's such a looong SLOG for you, isn't it.

I "loved" your connecting to me through Daffodils/DellyDaffs/Daffydells/DaffAdele's. That's such a lovely thing to say - THANK YOU for it, Darlin girl.

I hope everyone else is doing okay, are you????

Yes thanks, got my B/Band sorted. The week after I'd changed my number though, I had another ffflippin "nuisance" call!!!  I'd even started to wonder, if there was a rogue employee in my service provider's company, who was using customer contact no's for their own unscrupulous ill gains or profit! So more chats and asking of advice etc.. Apparently, these people have machines that dial up numbers at random, so that made me feel a little better, or less paranoid. Yes, then I had one last week, purporting to be Amazon, and mentioning something about £395 from my account. Fume, fume. I've been advised to get a "BT Guardian handset" and sign up for their service, in order to be able to properly screen UNwanted calls. Seems the only solution on offer, so i need to look into that. Has anyone else got one, or the service??

I recently bought a pair of fingerless support gloves, that are dotted with silicon pimples. Kept dropping things with my hand disability, and shouting and screeeaming" with frustration. Can now grip better, and give an overall comfort to my hands - YEY! So I'll be okay to pop the corks at our next celebration party. You come up with the "reason" - and I shall start "popping"! Corks that is, not my "lid" or temper! 😉 

D’ya know what’s been sooo ironical for me, about this Co-vid bizz?  Since I surfaced out of my 9 months bedroom/Bedland or BEDLAM living;-) 2 weeks before Xmas, I have made quite a few new FRIENDS. Just from my daily round the corner park walks, feeding the lake birds and chatting with people, albeit at a distance. Kept seeing the same people, some of whom would ordinarily have been out at work. Plus, I feel it's helped me feel more settled, after living here over 7 yrs. They do say, there's often something good that comes out of bad, don't they. So I am NOT complaining – It’s GRRREAT, in fact. And Thank goodness for me persisting with “natural” meds, I say.

I finally got into my car too, after not being able to for months - it being "keyless". All it needed was a pair of pliers to get a better purchase on the end of the metal emergency key-blade, and it made a glorious sounding “CLICK”. Yaa-Hoo!!! So I could then get it MOT'd, serviced, and taxed. I can now get down to Hereford to visit my one legged Uncle, who's recently had a stroke and is now bedridden. One report from one family member who'd visited, said he was on his last "leg" (singular intended!), so it's imperative really. He's one of my best buds, share the same birthday, interests, characteristics, even certain irritating habits!!  I usually stay at his when I visit, but fortunately his son's moved in now, to be on hand. It's a bit too far for me to go down and up in a day (6-7 hrs driving) and from my checks on local hotels, they are currently only open to business folk. A friend suggested I tell a porky and say I'm attending a funeral, as they are making allowances for such. Anyway, my head's still working around what to do. Perhaps if I mentioned he's seriously ill, and may not have much longer. But I definitely need to get down there this week.  

Sadly there's been a loss too, but again with a positive despite of it. Last Tuesday, I attended a lovely lovely funeral service, for a lovely, lovely man. 96! Stole my heart in the first few minutes of my meeting him, 7 yrs ago. His grandson ran a pub in a lovely little village out of town, and I took to walking the pleasant half hour along the canal to it, a couple of times a month. Got to know grandad, grandson, daughter and her husband, who took me to their bosoms. I felt like I had some family back!  Plus got to know some of the regular locals or colour! Lost touch with them all with my prolonged downer periods with this Bipolar bu**er, and also grandson then left the pub. Didn't have any phone no's for any of them, so lost touch. Again, ironically, through a recent “chance” meeting on a walk, I have RE-connected with them and hence me attending the funeral. Positives from dire and sad loss circumstances??!! Can’t help but feel perhaps something’s taking a more positive “turn” for me in the universe? Certainly helps that my head-state is sooo much better, have enthusiasm for life back. 

Just nipping to S'burys for some plant pots. Am growing Sunflowers from seeds. Noticed I've a pm from one of you, but shall check who when |I get back.

S'all for now. Heartfelt love to you ALLLLL,

Dellycious xxXXxx

Titch53

Hi Delly

Good to hear the news is positive for Alice -hope it continues that way!!💖 
Hope you’re all ok-been posting on the March chemo thread as halfway through my chemo now....can’t wait to be finished.

Love to you all xx

Gelbel

Thanks for the update @delly 

Please pass on my thoughts, best wishes and hugs to Alice. 🤗

Here's hoping shrinking continues. 🤞

Hope you're well.

Hugs and best wishes to everyone else. I hope your doing well.

Love AnGELa x 

delly

Hi Girlies

I had this Peonyrose "update" email from her son, Freddy, today, so thought I'd post it in to you all. "I" have posted to you all, afterwards.

April update.
I just wanted to let
everyone know of mum’s recent news and few months since I last posted.
It hasn’t been at all easy adjusting to the diagnosis and the unwelcome changes that it has brought into our lives.
A few weeks ago we learned that mum has the BRCA2 cancer gene after testing positive. There is a history now emerging of breast cancer on her mothers side and the implications are that other family members may also have the gene ( 50/50) and be predisposed to developing breast, prostrate, cervical, pancreas or melanoma.
This has brought some better understanding as part of the shock initially was that mum is such a healthy and conscientious person, although cancer can and does happen to anyone.This made more sense to her and as a result there are more treatment options available further down the line for BRCA.
In January and February mum’s cancer markers were high and on the increase which caused her much anxiety but last week when we saw her Oncologist the markers were falling quite dramatically which now indicates that all her medications are working and hopefully towards putting the cancer tumours into remission. Also her blood tests show that everything is within range and she’s able to continue with this course of action.The recent CT scan also showed no new growths although we are waiting on the radiologists report to confirm and will also have an idea of how much they have shrunk. All in all last week was the first good week in months, I don’t think we could have taken onboard any more negative and scary outcomes.
The road ahead is a long one but the recent news has brought us so much hope and has lightened up a very dark period of time.
Once again, we can’t thank you all enough for how much love, prayers,kindness, generosity and care you have shown us in so many ways. To not feel alone and so powerless with all your support is everything.
I hope you are all doing well and life is good despite the inevitable challenges.

Freddy xx "  

Titch53

Ahhh missed you Delly!!! Think about you everytime I walk past our dellydaffs which are looking gorgeous as I’m sure you are-bright, looking up at the sun and yellow...no sorry-hope you’re not looking yellow, don’t want you looking jaundiced!!!

Hope you got it sorted! Don’t tell me-did these calls involve washing machines, computers and some dodgy sounding Amazon calls? We’ve been having lots too! I am on Facebook so yes could be connected! 
Hope everyone else is ok too! Got my 2nd chemo next Wednesday-can anyone tell me if they’re cumulative, had a fairly good couple of weeks but wondering if next one will be as okay or whether the 2 together make it a bit worse?

Also shaved my hair off as it was falling out! My friends are being nice and say Sinead ‘connor, Sigourney Weaver...my children say I look like Sid, the naughty boy in Toy Story!!🤣xxxx 

delly

Ooo Ahh Eeee Flllip, My Ohhh Sooo Darlin Girlies

My apologies, but have had TOTALLY frustrating MAJOR B/Band probs, following having to change my Landline No. THAT being due to a massive number of "nuisance" calls. I'm 'X' Directory, so where DID they get my HOME/Landline No. from?? HEY???

During my Peonyrose/Alice communications, I did something I'd resisted doing. That was to subscribe to Facebook. I am NOW trying to UNsubscribe, because I strongly feel all my NUISANCE calls and B/Band probs are because of!!! I may be totally OUT to think such, but it's sooo weird that my nuisance HOME calls started at the same time??? 

ANY HOOO. I AM SOOOO very sorry for my absence. I have some major catching up to do. Haven't YET done so, so please forgive me. Felt it more important to come on and give my APOLS!! Find out if you've been BEHAVING yourselves??? Mmmmm, YEH! So give me a while to catch up will yers. One of you has sent me a personal email - haven't yet looked! Oooooo, intriguing.

I Dearly LOVE you all, you know? It ISN'T really a question. More a statement!!!

Delly aka Dellyveroo/Dellycious/Dellycate !!!  Ha Ha and flip  xxxxxxxxx 

Gelbel

Hi @Titch53 seems mine is swim-proof. Though I am a tad concerned that I'll be dragged to the bottom with the weight. I'd need to buy my own dedicated swim one. I do have a Knitted Knocker bath scrunchie one I will try in the shower. I think I'll ask for the Aquawave one for my birthday at the end of July... about the time I'll be back to swimming so the timing is call out for that!

Glad to hear your chemo's not been too bad. EC cycle 3 tomorrow - I am claiming halfway through.

Take care. 🤗

Love AnGELa x

Titch53

Morning!

That’s brilliant Gelbel!!! They’re much better than the cuddly boob aren’t they? The weight in them just makes for a more realistic look and feel!

Is she providing you with a waterproof one? My breast care nurse asked if I wanted one for swimming-didn’t have my size in but is getting it sent through the post so if she didn’t mention that to you might be worth asking? 
I wasn’t overly keen on the bra she gave me -the edges rub on my scars-I’ve got the same lovely side boob etc. I’ve washed it and used conditioner so it’s a bit better but think I might splash out on a nicer one.

8 days post chemo today and not been too bad. The injections make me feel a bit wobbly but last one today!

Take care all!!! Xxx

Gelbel

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all as well and comfortable as you can be... if not more.

I am really happy. Got my prosthetic boob today. Had a lovely good half hour with the wonderful nurse fitter. She guessed I was a size 8, nope, tried a 9, then claimed I was very deceptive and tried a 10. Seems I am a 9.5 and they don't do half sizes. So after much chopping and changing of sizes in different bras (thank goodness I took 2) and pulling my low v neck jumper tight we went for the 10. Nurse not 100% happy but an untrained eye won't know.

I can't tell you how great it is not to have my MX side ride up and to have a bit of weight back on that side. I tell you, you could do a right damage to someone if you used your bra and silicone boob as a weapon (think snooker balls in a sock a la gangster). 🤣 The prefect murder perhaps? 🤔😈

If I'm not happy I can change it. They can arrange for pockets to be sewn in my ordinary bras FOC. Speaking of which, I asked about my underwired bras. She said some ladies never use mastectomy bras. I don't really like the shape of my real boob without a wire. So... I only tried my favourite one on when I got home. Fitted like a dream, didn't hurt, ok so it was a little bit uncomfortable on the side (I have a nice side boob and my scar ends at the tip of it). If I was going out, out tonight I'd wear it. 👊 A tiny bit of normality in the strange world of hospital appointments and chemo I find myself in.

Most of my underwired bras have like a half pocket that's next to the skinside (if that makes sense) so I'm not going to bother with pockets for all of them. I'll ask about dropping them of next check-up appointment.

And the nurse said my scar look lovely and neat, and my arm range of movement is excellent. 😃

Lovely couple of hours out all round.

Best wishes and hugs to you all. 🤗

Love AnGELa x 

Titch53

Thanks Gelbel!!!! Xx

Gelbel

Hi @Titch53 I did with this latest cycle. Call your team, get some meds. I didn't and am only just getting rid after 13 days.

Amy1988

Hi elaine. I used to get terrible heartburn on FEC T Chemo. I tried gaviscon but it didn't do much for me either, so my consultant prescribed me some stuff, so it would definitely be worth mentioning it to yours too. I hope you're feeling ok 

Titch53

Hi all

Started chemo today and though I don’t feel too bad I’ve got really bad heartburn!! Taken 2 dessert spoons of Gaviscon but not helped at all! Don’t think I’ll sleep tonight though I’m shattered!! 
Anyone else had this?xx

Amy1988

Aww elaine, it sounds like you've got a lot going on too. I remember feeling very nervous just before chemo too, I was imagining all sorts! But, I can honestly say, that once you get your first round done and you know roughly what side effects you'll get, it isn't as bad as you think.

I can't wait until I can go out properly again and see others and go to different places. A lot of the problem for me, is being stuck indoors alone, with my own thoughts. 

I wish you all the best with your first chemo and I hope you have a lovely week too!

Titch53

Hi Amy

Well it’s 4.30am and I wish I could sleep better, not sure if it’s nerves about starting chemo or the fact I’m still recovering from 2 major surgeries in 12 weeks! I’m worried about my kids going back to school when my immunity is going to be so low (they’re all teenagers though so will understand they have to be careful).

I hope the antidepressants are helping and that you’re feeling a bit better-sometimes I wonder which is the bigger C! Cancer or covid!! Not even being able to have friends and family round for cups of tea and chats is hard! But let’s hope we are turning a corner now and things are getting better! I try to avoid watching too much news as I find that doesnt help my mood!!

Hope you have a good week this week!!! 
Elaine xx

Amy1988

Hi titch53. How are you? I think lockdown has definitely made things so much harder for everyone, I hate not being able to spend time with my family like normal. Even being able to go to the shops would be something to do and a distraction. But I know its hard for everyone, we've just to hope the end is in sight now! My dr has recommended antidepressants so I just need to take them. They help to take the edge off and my anxiety is terrible at the moment. 

Gelbel

Daffodils have emerged in my house... via the letter box from a friend! I've permanently had a bunch or two of flowers in the house since my mx (7 weeks and 1 day but who's counting?). Some have been spectacular displays. Hand on heart, can anyone say there's something better than a plain, old bunch of daffs?

I tell you where the cream goes Delly - to my belly! It's not chemo belly, it's a lotion mountain. And I'm sticking with the Vaseline. The change in the redness (now hardly any) of my skin and scar and smoothness of my scar in 3 days is amazing. Blimey, just checked and it's not Vaseline, it's Garnier Intensive 7 Days Shea Hand Cream. Bulk order placed!

I slept on my operated side in the night - I'd say 70° rather than full 90° if that make sense. I was a bit uncomfortable but didn't hurt or smart and I nodded off. So my preferred side.

Little victories.

Like my dance in the kitchen to the radio last night - first since I was diagnosed 3 months and 3 days ago. I'm a big volume up, kitchen dancer. I howled when I realised how long it'd been and for the fact that I did. Crying typing that. ☺ Might be lotion escaping.

Have a lovely weekend everyone. 🤗

Love AnGELa x 

Titch53

Hi all,

Delly -E and C are the 2 drugs I’ll be given for the first 3 sessions of chemo, commonly known as the red devil! I won’t write what the E and C stand for as they’re such long names lol! The T is the drug in the last 3 sessions. They’ve actually changed my start day to Wednesday now as there was a cancellation...eek!! 

Amy-I’m so sorry you’re struggling, it’s such a difficult time, going through this and during a pandemic lockdown too! It would normally be the plot for a badly written disaster movie but we’re living it and it stinks! Are you allowed anti-depressants while on the other cancer-related drugs you’re on? I’ve got so many friends on them now and they really help, hopefully as a temporary measure during this tricky period in your life! The Macmillan breast care nurses should be just a phone call away for you too? Hope Spring and better weather helps you-and all of us!! 

Have a good weekend everyone-I’ve actually seen actual lambs this week and the Delly-daffs ...I mean daffodils are emerging!! Lotsa love xxx

Amy1988

Hi delly. How are you? I'm ok thanks. Recently just had my 2nd round of kadcyla and I'm feeling quite well at the moment. I will be starting my radiotherapy 15th march, they were debating whether I would have 15 or 25 sessions, but it's been decided it will be 25. My anxiety isn't improving much. I had a portacath fitted last monday and went to my drs to get stitches sorted today. My dr called me later and said the nurse was concerned, because I seemed low. Then I had a meltdown whilst i was speaking to dr, not good! Oh well, they're trying to sort out counselling. I see you were talking about bio oil, I'm thinking about getting some of that, but I've also seen the one in poundland too what you mentioned. Is it still good? People have said my scar is really neat, but it's quite red, so I'm hoping it will fade. 

delly

Sorry Gelbel  -  My post clashed with your previous. WHERE on earth is all that moisture going that your boobs are slurrrping up??!! Despite being an oil, the Bio Oil is so fine, it does sink in. However, I also used (and still use) Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Vera (whoever SHE is!! Why didn't someone come up with Aloe Hilda - as in Ogden from Corrie!!!) lotion on my boobs - sinks in really nicely, as oppo some oils tending to remain on the surface of your skin. so it doesn't transfer to night bedwear/clothing or, in your case, to your bedding, as you don't tend to wear night clothes. But still does a great job of moisturising.   Dellywelly   xx💓xx

delly

Hey Titchy  -  Glad things are moving forwards with you quicker than you thought, Because guess it's less time for you to "think" about it beforehand, hey?  So what does ECT mean??  Did you tell me a while back you were on your ownio with all this you've been having to go through?  Ref "shielding" - perhaps you'll be offered the vaccine sooner, given your circumstances. If you aren't "offered" it, perhaps you could request it earlier, again given your circs, Titch??  "RAW" sirloin?? Naa I still prefer it COOKED, thanks darlin', preferably medium to well, and I like it with a black pepper and sour cream sauce pleeease!! 😆  I'll provide a bottle of red to go with - red because it's more like BLOOD, of course 😉 (am making a slurpy sucking noise)!!! 😋

Hi GellyBelly  -  Yeh, I used "Bio Oil" too. It's good stuff. I perhaps shouldn't say this, but I discovered Poundland do an equivalent oil called "DERMA-V10 Rescue Oil", with exactly the same ingredients but at a fraction of the cost, just minus the somewhat "overly strong" perfume element of the Bio Oil (which will make your eyes STING if you happen to rub your fingers near!). A mix of almond, peach and Evening Primrose oils and a couple of others ingredients. And NO, I don't have shares in it - unfortunately!! 😏 I'm reeeally glad to hear you're being well taken care of by your fellow Chemo girls, Gel.

Yeh, like you, I've just had notice to get my vaccine jab. I can't have it in either of my arms, with them BOTH being immuno-compromised from my having had full ANC's, soo don't know where they'll be sticking it??! 😏  I just hope I'll be able to sit down afterwards 🙄 Ref your ANC arm, Gel - watch that the restricted movement isn't down to "cording". It doesn't always develop straight away, can develop a while after. So if your movement carries on being restricted, tell your BCN so she'll refer you for those physio s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g exercises (ouchy), to keep it in check, Gelbel.

Blimey - it's got to Thursday again! Know what you mean Bookish!!

Amy  -  I hope everything's going okay with you?? and that those Chemo girls are looking after YOU too??

Lots of love to you ALL,  Delly-ding-bloomin-DONG  x💖xX💞Xx💖x

Gelbel

I'm using the Palmer's equivalent @Titch53 I think the thinnest of oil makes me a bit heavy handed rubbing.

Last night I used half a handbag sized Vaseline hand cream tube as that's all I could grab in major chemo brain mode. It was wonderful! Dr Organic vitamin E is my go to - can't be doing with the smell of any of them though. Hate how my bedclothes or onesies get covered in it. I sleep in the all together so it will spread to whatever's next to me.

Titch53

Ooh thanks Gelbel I will look at that thread now and join up!

Have you tried bio-oil on your scar? I massage it in twice a day -it’s really good and smells lovely-bit pricey but worth the money!!!

Take care all!!xxx

Gelbel

Come and join the Feb starters thread @Titch53 I'm on that one as its when I officially started. I do tend to be on the January thread as no one was around to join in the conversation in February at first. It's great time with some ladies who are a cycle or more ahead of me - I feel like a looked after little sister. 

You might be surprised how you manage the shielding - I'm coping. The day to day living helps in a weird way.

My scar/mastectomy skin are thirsty things. My goodness, I can't get enough cream on at the moment. But.... at last, I'm pretty sure the rawness is proper subsiding, not just on the odd day. My ANC arm's not quite so good, I've been ramping up the exercises again as I've lost a little bit of extension movement. Perhaps as my scar/skin settles down?

1st Covid jab for me on Saturday.

Hope everyone is well (or as well as can be expected) and enjoying the hint of spring in the air.

Love AnGELa x

Titch53

Hi all!

Bookish I love new bewbs-hope I wrote that right-that’s brilliant!

Had my oncology appointment yesterday and I start chemo a week today which is sooner than I thought but good to get the ball rolling. Will be having ECT? 6 sessions-the worst bit for me is having to shield till end of July...that means I’ve got to put up with me for 4 and a half months! I’ll do my head in I know I will!!! 
Delly check when the next full moon is and pop over to Wrexham -I will know who it is when I look out the window and see a huge hairy beast howling! I’ll chuck you a raw sirloin!!

I guess I need to join the chemo thread now? This is the only one really I’ve properly joined! Have a good week everyone xxx

delly

Hi bookish,

I enjoyed reading your booby and self update. Sorry you're having some "teething" problems. Afraid I can't come up with a boob based equivalent to "teething", but I'm really glad things are settling down with and for you otherwise.

You'll all be pleased to hear, there was no moon here last night, so my ears fangs and extra hairy body disappeared again. I am returned back to my normal but DoolallyDelly self. Only trouble was, the transformation back happened when I was howling on top of the hill in the park, leaving me totally naked and it was a very ccccccold fffffrosty nnnnnnight (<me uncontrollably shivering) last night. Luckily it was dark for my speedy "streak" back home, so nobody saw my scrawny white bod glowing in the dark. If I'd had nipples, I'm pretty sure they have dropped off from the freezing temperature. I have to say tho', I'm reeeally missing that extra furry coat - it kept me very snuggly warm. 

Gel, Amy, PeonyRose Alice, and Titchy - Hope you're all okay and managing to cope all right with your various treatments. 

Lots of love to you ALL,  Doolally  xx💓X❤️X💓xx

bookish

Hi all. Increasingly intermittent check in from me, as nothing much is happening/changing. I mean, good, right?!

Hitting that point of trying to do a bit more as I aim for normal life again, and feeling more tired for it. Balance to be found. GP signed me off work for an extra bit, for the asking, so that's good. 

The noo bewbs (they get all sorts of names, they really do!) are doing fine. I continue to try to get used to them. Still some rippling, still prone to new and unexpected bruising (e.g. from a gentle moisturising), and occasionally the feeling that I've slept on my side and the whole thing has slid dangerously sideways, but that one is probably just the paranoia! Overall everything seems to be fine, as far as I can tell.

At some point I'll look into what lipo-fill could do for me, it was mentioned at the last consultant appointment as a future possibility. It is more operations, though, and I'm fairly fed up of those. Hmm. Likely it'd not be too soon anyway as a cosmetic procedure during all the continued pandemic upheavals.

Talking off, was very surprised to get my appointment for my first vaccination jab! I thought I fell through the gaps in any of the priority groups (and I only tell people I'm 75 - and ageing fabulously 😉 - but still only in decade 5!), but blue enveloped turned up anyway. Alas, the appointment was roughly 2 hours *before* the post had arrived, and my time travel skills are not that hot 😉 Managed to get it rearranged - with some pain in the process - and it went smoothly enough last week. Very slightly tender arm, but no other symptoms. This time.

Bra fitting is still to be arranged. They did suggest phoning for an appointment at the 2 month mark, so that'd be next week-ish, I guess. Wow. Where is the time going!? 

I am still reading here, even if I comment less as 'real life' eats up more time. Wishing you all the very best, always xx

delly

Hi again Titch

Titchy "Chores"?? Naaa. "Chores" to me, tends to denote something "unpleasant"! A major difference with my more positive head-state this time, is that I'm getting stuck in, without any forcing, and am actually "enjoying" some productivity. And especially the "results" of. So it's a "biggie" for me. Feel I've got some of my ole MOJO back. Whereas with previous occasional "Ups" (and can often be short lived), I would just "escape" from what needed doing. Still no motivation or desire to do "stuff", and of course it was still ALL THERE to come back to. I'd just grown to "live" with it. So is why I keep referring to them as Titchy "tasks" or "jobs", because I'm not YET(?!) finding ANY of it or them "unpleasant". I just want/hope like mad, to be able to maintain it. Has been 2 1/2 months so far. But, in the meantime, I have to keep or steer myself away from ANY upsets or ANYthing negative.

Hey girl, you don't have to justify having a cleaner to me! If I "secretly" told you (but am "publicly" admitting my slovenliness on the Forum! 🙄), when I moved here, 7 1/2yrs ago, that I "treated"(?) myself to a new expensive German vacuum cleaner, and I've only used it 4 times!!! - Yes so few that I can remember!!! There's only been my bedroom that's been UNcluttered enough to swing a hoover or cat, so that's ONE excuse! This thing weighs a ton. I struggle to manoeuvre it on the flat, never mind lugging it upstairs - more good excuses. The sad thing was, "cordless" hoovers then came in, big time, and I'd have much preferred one of those.    Titchy - Life's too fllippin short, whether it's BC, Bipolar, or whatever. Soo Good For You, I say, and especially with your looming chemo treatments, and not yet knowing how they may affect you physically. 

I had to laugh at your daughter's remark, "Are you a Tory"? What on earth does a person's political preference have to do with hiring a cleaner?! Ha ha ha, that's quite comical. What ARE they teaching kids at school these days?? I've obviously reached the "Grumpy Old Women" age, as I'm coming out with such a statement!!!

Oh, and guess what? In my local shoppie last night, I got chatting with a guy I know. Only turns out his cat's recently had kittens, and he's looking for loving, caring homes for them to go to. Arrrrghhh - I had to hold up my fingers in a cross against him, like in the vampire films!!! ✝️ 😞

Soo, Onco appointment for you, Wednesday hey? Not really something for you to look forward to, is it. Can't you request for them to mix it with whatever your favourite tipple is, be that intravenously, or better still, EXTRAvenously - i.e. by mouth, with ice and lemon!!! Please let us know how you go on, Titchy.   What area of Wales did you say you lived, in the North? 

Gel and Amy -  Don't know how you're doing with your treatments. Might just go have a looksie on the chemo thread, as you keep going AWOL and skiving off from this thread. You listenin you two?  I'll give you lines and "chores" if you keep doing it!!

Bookish - How are you doing? Everything still okay with your new "girls", as you call them? Have you had your "professional" bra fitting yet?

PeonyRose Alice - I sooo VERY hope you are okay???

I watched the Moon-RISE tonight, with a group of strangers on top of the hill, in that lovely little local park of mine. WOW - it was GINORMOUS!!! However, since then, I've been experiencing . . . uh oh - lengthening nails, . . . ah ahh, extra hair growth, and oh nooo - my teeth have gone very . . . fang-like. Think I may be turning into a . . . . Ahooooooo << Howling noise - A "Weird"- Wolf! Yes, VERY "Weird" ! 😝  Words such as Lunacy and Lunatic also come to mind!!!

Loads of LOVE to you ALL,   Delly-the-"Weird"-Wolf.  Ahoooooo 🐶 😆    xx❤️X❤️X❤️xx 

Titch53

Ahh Delly! 
I think I’m one of those rare people that loves cats and dogs equally? We have 2 cats Fudge & Smudge, my girls are obsessed with them-as soon as I walk through the door I’m given a rundown on which unusual spot they decided to sit in, what hideous bug one of them ate or which of them started fighting with the other first!

Since my diagnosis Fudge has definitely taken it upon himself to ‘fix me’! He lays on the bed with me when I’m tired and is being much more attentive! But I love dogs too and am perusing rescue centres for later this year -obviously has to be a dog that can tolerate cats though!! 
Glad you’re still doing your Titchy chores!! I’ve gone out on a limb this week and employed a cleaner!!! Am definitely not rich by any stretch of the imagination (though when I told my 12 year old she looked at me and said ‘mum are you a Tory?!!!’🤣) But as I start chemo very soon and I’m not buying petrol I thought to heck with it-only 2 hours every fortnight but it will be a big help!! 

Got my oncology appointment Wednesday so will find out what delightful concoctions I’m to be faced with and what date I start. Can’t believe I’ve only just discovered Masterchef so will binge on that for the 4 and a half months of shielding!!

Anyway hope you’re all well! Good luck with the dog sitting Delly!! Xxx

delly

Yes Girls, I know - I'm all "hot air and flatulence"!!!

And, YES, of course, I'm also incredibly passionate about people! Wouldn't be on here if I weren't. But will somebody go find me a cat please? It'll soooothe me.

Actually, when out in the park the other night, I found myself "volunteering" to doggy sit??? Me Doggy sit?? I'm primarily a cat woman/person, but I love ALL animals (even rescued a SLUG the other day?!!), so I DO like dogs, tho' prefer other people's. Don't ever "want" one.

However . . . . this little creature that came running up to me, so totally STOLE my heart 💓 💞 💘  Is an 8 month year old Lhasa Apso puppy, still with puppy hair. And guess what???  Only has ONE EYE!!! 😍 💓 💕  Awwww, WHAT!!! I'd never even met his owner, Nicky, and her son Harry before, but she's telling me once son Harry goes back to school soon, she doesn't know what she's going to do then. Can't yet leave him until he's fully grown and can then be left on his own. He's a rescue dog and still rather dependent, needy and still needing training. Before I've had time to run away, say or even "think" Alan Davies and the Dog Rescuers, I'm offering doggy sitting services to this gorgeous little creature, and even giving her my phone number to put in her phone!!!  Corrrr Lummie, Delly? That thing in my chest starts talking instead of my head. Certainly seems to be getting me into some trouble at the mo', though. 💔

What a fabulous day. Been inside Titchy jobbing or house bashing this morning, so am going to take myself outside to do some Titchy gardening jobs, whilst it's so beeeautiful.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this lovely sunshine whilst it lasts 🌞🌻😎 😅

Lots of love to everyone, from Delly-the-Digger   xxX💓Xxx  

delly

Aaaahh Titchy-Titch

I sooo "wish" I had kids! Yeh, I know it's not all "fun, fun, fun", but they give you a whole different perspective, REASON, and "take" on life. AND, I'm sooo much of a kid myself, I'd like someone nearer own age to play with!!! 😜

Fllllippin 'eck, what yer like (as they say in Stockport, apparently). You come along with a bouncing, loving message, just when I decide to finally give up on "people" and devote the rest of my time, days and life to ANIMALS. Because . . . .they're so much bloody simpler, don't have the capacity to misinterpret - basically just sleep, eat, make poo and pee (sorry, but . . .it's true! ) and what? . . . . Love You. Rather like kids, but not sooo much of a responsibility.

I'm sooo "passionate" about animals, and what our prolonging human life has done to them and this planet, I've just recently reMADE my will, via a free service with WWF. I don't want a funeral - just want sticking in a furnace, or better still, my beeeautiful bod left to the "knife" and science (no cost involved). When I was a student, we had two cadaver legs (male and female!), in the anatomy room fridge for anatomy lesson purposes, so I really understand and appreciate the benefit of such 😋  What is then "saved" in funeral costs, is being donated to WWF and the RSPCA. EVERYTHING else is being left to my best friend (she doesn't yet know!). She and I have our occasional "differences", I'm Bipolar, so not always an easy person to understand. But she's currently the one human I DO still have faith in, WHOLEHEARTEDLY LOVE, and thank whatever god and goodness for.

See - look at me again, Titch. All of this passionately being spouted out, down to your lovely, loving message. Just as what emotions caused the "inspiration" for that poem, are this time due to emotions now caused by a human "upset"!! Literally "wrecks" me. That blummin thing beating in my chest wears me out.

See you when I'm not so flippin peed off, and my farty-hearty's more restored again 😍xxxXXXxxx 

Titch53

Ahh Delly that’s a shame! I enjoy your messages -I loved your poem and have been meaning to get on here to say so but as usual life get it’s in the way of all my best intentions...well...3 children and life!!!

Hope you’re ok-I won’t ask Peonyrose why you’re leaving as you must your own reasons but you continue being the fabulous person you are!!

Lotsa love xxx

delly

yRe: Surgery January 2021

Hey Girls

My apologies, but I'm gonna have to take temporary leave from this thread. But . . . . I shall keep a watch on you-hoo's.

If you wish to know why, you'll have to ask PeonyRose-Alice?? Obviously emotions are running somewhat "high" with what she's facing and dealing with. But I'm very upset by what's just recently and so "unnecessarily" happened, that I'm making it public knowledge, and would NOT if I weren't so fffflippin upset, tell yers. It's all rather ironical really, considering my "prior actions" with you all!! Simply requires an apology 🤔 but THAT hasn't been forthcoming EITHER, so I'm now bowing out, taking my bat n ball in, "not playing any more", girls 😧

Maybe or hopefully see you on a different thread?

Lots of love to you ALL,

Delly-welly-ding-but-NOT-blummin-DONG       x x ❤️❤️ X ❤️ x x

Ps - I'm having a major problem with my feet - keep trying to download a piccie of them. Happened after rubbing my face with the inside of an avocado skin!! I'll keep trying, but techno-numpty probs. Aaarrrgh 🙄 x x x     

delly

Oh my goodness - You've got me all moist eyed this morning, with all your supportive and loving messages to PeonyRose Alice. What an ab-fab lot you are!!!  💓 💖 💓  So much so, you've inspired me to write a little ditty, specially for Alice and yourselves. I'm dedicating it to ALL of YOU "Rainbow warriors" > 🌈 💪 (< couldn't find a warrior, "muscles" were the closest I could find!!

"BOSOM BUDDIES"

Good, True and Steadfast friends are like diamonds,  🎇 

Sometimes rare and difficult to find.

But when you do find such a sparkling and rare gem,

They are far, far more valuable and precious than any diamond.

Something to be truly treasured,

To be held and kept within your heart, for safe keeping.

That place your hand finds it goes to,

When thinking and feeling loving, caring thoughts,

Of and for someone very special to you and your life.

See - look what you all made me do. you. Got me all soppy, which isn't difficult to do, given Hyper-emotional and hyper-sensitive being two common Bi-P symptoms. BUT that doesn't mean I don't MEAN it! Just means I feel that much more than a more "normal" person does or would.  Am not so sure any of YOU are "normal" though!! ROFL 🤣 Tee hee, I'm teasing you ❤️ 

Do you think my FREE talents are wasted on here? Should I start writing verses for cards, and earn some money?!! 😆

Done a load of my Titchy Tasks already this morning, prior to this, so am just off out for some reward and ME time. Have a good, restful and enjoyable Sunday everyone. 

PeonyRose Alice - Hope we, your tribe of "Rainbow Warriors", and our loving support helps to GIVE YOU SOME STRENGTH to carry on with that BUTT kicking. As you all have done me, 'cept mine is rather a "different" kind of BUTT problem, to keep kicking! 😊

Lot's of love to you ALL,   Delly-the-Dipsy-Dittyer  xx💓XX💖XX💓xx   

Gelbel

@PeonyRose I'm shattered hearing about your week. Goodness me that's enough to floor Superman yet alone the wonder woman you are. And you are - because you've got this - you might not think so at times, we're rooting for you. The seeds of what you want 'your good' to be are there, they'll sprout and grow when you're ready to let them.

We're thinking of you and sending lots of good wishes and positive vibes to help you through the cluster bomb of that is your roller coaster. Have angry screams at the bad bits, delightful purrs at the good bits (or what works for you) and do whatever you need to get you from the dark to the light. And we're strapped in with you - all the way.

Love AnGELa xx

bookish

Hi all, and special shout out to PeonyRose - sounds like you're having a tough week!

There's nothing like the rollercoasting of this disease and the 'journey' it puts us on. Physical, mental, and everything else. Trouble is, even if you know it, it's hard to see the brighter days when you're stuck in a dark place. But they do come. Sometimes not as soon as we'd like, and other times you bounce between the two fast enough to make your neck hurt!

I hope you can imagine the sunshine, even if it feels a long way off. Know it's there. Be as kind to yourself as you can while it's grey and bleak, whatever it takes, and keep believing in hope xx

Amy1988

Hi peonyrose Alice. How are you? I hope all is good for you and you get to relax after your busy week. I'm alway here if you want to talk too

delly

Hi Titchy - So are YOU the person who built the matchstick Eiffel Tower, then?? I'm teasing, but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me, Titch! 😜  Thanks for the podcast suggestion, I must have a look, sounds good. 

The "Spoilers" - Can you not delete to remove that particular posting??

Just mixed myself a healthy Avocado (exTREMEly good for you), prawn, and tinned pink salmon salad. Decided to add just a "dash" of Balsamic to the salad mix before adding a home made PINK Marie Rose sauce. Damn it - flippin bottle GUSHED!! 🙄  Should have put my finger over th' ole (!!) to gently "drizzle". Added M R sauce anyway, but whole thing is now a mucky brown colour - tastes okay though 😄. Have closely wrapped the Avocado skin in foil, to rub the inside on my skin later as a 20 min face mask. You look a bit green for a while (until wash off of course), but doubt anyone'll be coming to the door to see my mildly "Hulkish" colour!! Its a lovely natural moisturising drink for your skin/face.

Boo Hoo - No Masked Singer tonight!! I've recently discovered my local Pound-land, bought 4 resale dvds for a quid each, for when lousey tv nights. Bargain!!! Just off for walk and feed my feathery friends before dark.

Hope you all have a good weekend. Lots of love to everyone, and Alice again. x x X X x x    (Lost my emogie button again?!!)

Titch53

Hey Peonyrose Alice!

Sounds like you’ve had a gruelling week of appointments this week bless you! Hope you’re putting your feet up now and doing whatever it is that helps you to chill..reading, writing, doing jigsaws, making a lifesized model of the Eiffel Tower with matchsticks! 

If you’re into podcast listening have you tried ‘You Me & the Big C’? 3 great personalities talking pretty irreverently about life with cancer. It’s funny, informative and just all round good listening! 

Hope this week coming is much kinder to you and you get lots of rest and time to recharge your batteries.

Lots of big love - Titch (Elaine) xxx

Titch53

Spoiler
Spoiler
Hey Peonyrose Alice!

Sounds like you’ve had a gruelling week of appointments this week bless you! Hope you’re putting your feet up now and doing whatever it is that helps you to chill..reading, writing, doing jigsaws, making a lifesized model of the Eiffel Tower with matchsticks! 

If you’re into podcast listening have you tried ‘You Me & the Big C’? 3 great personalities talking pretty irreverently about life with cancer. It’s funny, informative and just all round good listening! 

Hope this week coming is much kinder to you and you get lots of rest and time to recharge your batteries.

Lots of big love - Titch (Elaine) xxx
delly

Hi PeonyRose Alice - You must be sooo relieved to have finished such a grueling week of appointments. Hope you can relax, calm down and wind down now. Rebuild and recharge your physical and mental resources to carry on with your battling. I'm sure the other tribe gals will be along to give you a much needed supportive hug.

Lots of love to you, Alice, and a special looong, warm, but gentle Delly HUG.  xx❤️xx

delly

Hey Gelbel - Whoohoo on the bras!! No, I have NOT heard of Delimira - you're kidding me on the "name". NO? Ha haaa. Sounds like all those I make up from my own Delly name - Dellymira - I've a range of bras named after me!!

What does EC mean??

I don't mean to sound condescending, but I think you chemo girls are incredibly brave. I know you don't really have a choice, or volunteer for it, but even so, it's harsh.

Hope you get the backward green sticky tape sorted for your Co-vid jab soon, Gel. (as opposed to "forward" and "red" tape). 

Lots of love to you and EVERYONE else

Delly xxX❤️❤️❤️Xxx

Gelbel

Hi @delly the brand is Delimira - I discovered them last year and bought a shed load of a few styles in different colours last year. For me they are the perfect fit, I can't feel them on and they made me look good too. So it made sense I tried their mastectomy bra and very good it is too. As for hubby, he's very good at taking present hints, a bit pants otherwise unless it's jewellery - he's a stonking, unprompted, no hints needed jewellery buyer. 👼

Good to hear about that shop in Warrington - my bestie lives in the area so if ever when I get to go over again, I'll look them up.

I am having EC every 3 weeks (cycle 2 on 26 Feb and 3 on 19 March). Then 3 Docetaxel every 3 weeks or weekly if I can stand it. I should be getting bisphosphonate intravenously for the 'even number' cycles.

I'm still trying to sort my covid jabs. My GP can't give me a covid jab date that works in my chemo cycle so I tried to book via the National Coronavirus Vaccine Booking System. It's not seeing me as extremely vulnerable. They told me to go back to GP to make sure all flags ticked. I know they are as I got texts from the local council as a CEV and shielding person as soon as GP did it. Called GP and receptionist said all ticked - which they'd told me before and doh from the council info I've had. Went back to 119 who can't do anything about it. Seems should be seamless feed/update. Can't book a jab until 119 recognises me. I've registered a complaint with 119. #ComputerSaysNo 😠

I'll get it sorted later as the practice nurse is going to check out my ears because my tinnitus is more prevalent since chemo started. She's asked my GP to triple check everything.

Always two steps forward, one back.

Take care everyone.

Love
AnGELa x

Titch53

Hey everyone hope you’re all feeling good today-it’s a murky fog here which I hope clears as was hoping to venture out for a walk today!
Optimisticmz thankyou so much for posting about the Optima trial-I am veering towards agreeing to go on it though do have questions to ask the oncologist-just wish they’d hurry up with sending me an appointment! I definitely think cancer has made me impatient-just want to get all treatment done and dusted!

Gelbel I have those Asda bras-they’re okay in the interim aren’t they-cheap and cheerful till something better comes along. I struggle to keep the cuddly boob (as I like to call it-wish it had a squeaker in it then the dog could have it after!) in place though. Glad you had something nice for Valentines! 
Delly well done for being a proper samaritan...bet loads of people had walked past that woman and it’s definitely been hypothermia weather! Unfortunately she’ll probably be back there before too long by the sounds of it unless she gets the help she needs. You never know what tragedies have beset people to end up in such desperate states. 
Have a lovely week everyone-hope all our treatments are kind to us!!

Oh and so glad you’re enjoying getting your house in order Delly-sounds incredibly positive! Keep dancing!!!💃xx

delly

GELBEL - Hey, girl. Good to see yer, and sooo bloomin glad your friend, "Sir Roma" (ha ha) has almost disappeared. A husband who takes note of "hints"?? WOW!  Either he's an absolutely natural "star" bloke, or you've trained him very well, Gel! 😍 👍 💘 So are you saying your new pressie bras are from Amazon?? I'm presuming they're a certain name for specialist bras selling through the Amazon market place - Amoena, Nicola Jane, Royce, Natura or such other, are they?? Glad you've got your first chemo under your belt. At least you now have "some" idea of what to expect and hopefully be able to gauge yourself better. Although they can have a cumulative effect, can't they? Are you having them weekly? And how many do you have to have in all, Gelbel??

BOOKISH - Thanks for the info link, but yeh, I had fittings with my 1st mast then after the 2nd. I would always advise anyone to go to properly trained fitters and stockists. Had a very upsetting experience after my 1st. Was recommended to a local lingerie shop to be fitted for bras, by one of the breast support group ladies, so never understood why, as it was such an upsetting experience. Can only presume she knew the owner and was putting business her way. Kept bringing into the changing room, the most unsuitable 1/2 cup, balcony type bras. How THAT was expected to hold a full prosthesis in place is anyone's guess. After standing half naked and a few of these idiotic things being passed in and straight out again, I ended up quickly getting dressed, saying "Thanks, but nothing's suitable" and walking out. Burst into tears outside - horrendous. This was about 3 weeks after my op, when you're still feeling mentally "raw". Went to WOMANZONE in Warrington (closest specialist fitters and stockists to Manchester at that time). THEY will actually book you an appointment and close the shop to give you their undivided attention. Talk about opposite extreme - Felt sooo comfortable with a lovely lovely woman who measured me up and brought me a selection of SUITABLE bras. I was so pleased, I ended up with 3 lovely bras and also treated myself to matching briefs, which weren't cheap, and a new prosthesis to boot, so spending nearly £200!!! But I walked out feeling a MILLION DOLLARS!! 🙂 What a difference. They also do (or used to) made to measure swimming cossies in a myriad of fabric designs, and a pocketing service for ANY bras, even if you haven't bought it from them. I used to then order any further of the same bras and other items mail order. Could not praise them enough.

Warrior queen, Peonyrose Alice, has pretty much a week load of medical appointments, including Zoladex injection, BP, bloods, ECG, on another day Denosumab injection for her bones, one sesh of Radiotherapy for the small lesions on her spine, an appointment to see another specialist for a complete holistic approach to throw everything possible at or starve the bleeper. There's only Wednesday when she doesn't have any appointments - so far. So we need to send her our love and strength to help keep her tenacity and spirits up.

Love to everybody, Doolally  xxXxxXxx   

bookish

@delly Re being careful with bra styles - I meant in the short-medium term, and I think it's true for any breast surgery, not just implants, although I want to ask as many questions as I can think of when I have an expert on hand! Some info here: https://breastcancernow.org/information-support/facing-breast-cancer/living-beyond-breast-cancer/bra...

Gelbel

Hi everyone, I hope you are all warm, safe and well. It sounds like there's good news/improvements all round.

My Seroma 🎤 has nearly gone on my chest. There's still a bit of side 'boob' from it. I can't be far off booking for a falsie. Hubby bought 2 of the mastectomy bra I've been eyeing up for Valentine's Day with flowers and chocolates. So much nicer than my Asda bras as my official boob is kept in a nice place/shape! Thank goodness for a shared Amazon wishlist... hint, hint, hint!

My ANC arm is just about back to normal. I have to remember to do the exercises to open up the shoulder/chest muscles.

Monday to Wednesday of last week wasn't wonderful following 1st chemo on Friday 5. Since Thursday I've been improving and nearly feel 'normal'. Might do a few hours work tomorrow... thing is I'm well into the cricket. 

Enjoy your Sundays.

Love AnGELa x