Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Surgery May 2019

Re: Surgery May 2019

Best of luck Mel and Dikat . πŸ’• xxx

Hi DiKat

Wishing you well for your results tomorrow 🀞.

Surgery planned for Thursday. - hope surgeon can get the sufficient clear margin this time 😊

Mel πŸ€—x

Hi Mel

Just wondered how you are doing and if you have had your second lot of surgery? I’ve got an appointment for my results tomorrow.

Sending hugs πŸ€— xx

So sorry to hear your news Mel. Good luck with your surgery next week and fingers crossed they get clear margins

lots of hugs

Julie xx

Hi Mel

Sorry to hear your news, I know how you are feeling. I had two lots of surgery, my surgeon cut into a smaller second tumour while removing the one picked up on mammogram so margin was deemed not clear. I was honestly alarmed that it was another tumour that the mammogram or ultrasound had not picked up but was assured that it was so small it was not surprising. There is light at the end of the tunnel so just sending you love and hugs. xx

Thank you. You are all so kind. I do feel emotional today and not relishing the though of surgery again. Surgeon said she is going to straighten my nipple as it is going to side a little - I hadn’t noticed to be fair until she pointed it out. So a  bit of free cosmetic surgery. Apparently it’s one edge of where tumor was. Need 1mm clear and I had 0.4 in that spot. My surgeon said the lymph had one isolated cancer cell. 

Big hugs to you lovely ladies xx πŸ€—

Hi Mel

Really sorry that your margin is not clear and you have a cell in lymph node. I bet your head is all over the place right now. There will be an end to this, unfortunately this horrible journey is just going to be a little bit longer than you first thought. You will get through this and we are all here to support you. Sending huge hugs.

Sending hugs to all of you other ladies and nice to see you here Susie B xx

Sorry to hear that Mel.  Fingers crossed for speedy return to theatre to get you hunkydory - not what you wanted to have to happen, but positive news that they know what they are about.  When I had my lumpectomy my margin was infinitesimally small and there was no further tissue to take, so I live in hope and on a wing and a prayer.  All the best, hugs x

Hi Mel 

Sorry it's not the best news but hopefully they will be able to get it all this time.

I hope you don't have to wait too long xx

Hi Mel .  Oh so sorry you need to get another operation hopefully get it this time . Fingers crossed for test that you get a low score too .,You’re probably all over the place today I know I would be but you will win this . ❀️Xxx

So sorry to read your news Mel.  I hope you don’t have long to wait for your next op so you can keep moving forward.  It sounds positive about the lymph nodes which is good news. Stay strong.  

Sending hugs

Vic

πŸ’— 

Hi

Not quite the news I was hoping for. Have to go back to theatre next week as didn’t get big enough clear margin on edge. They are also going to do oncotype test - chemo not ruled out πŸ˜“. They found one tiny cell in lymph node but didn’t seem over concerned about it. I feel like I’m starting again and can see no end to this πŸ˜“

Mel

Good luck with your appointment Mel, hope it is all positive. x

How frustrating Dikat, fingers crossed you won’t have to wait too long xx

Good luck with your results Mel xx

Thanks Mel

Good luck with your results today xx

Let us know how you get on x

Katy

Hi Susie

Welcome to the thread. Like you, I suffer with anxiety, so can relate to how you are feeling. All the staff were very kind.

I wish  you well for surgery - keep us informed.

hugs Mel πŸ€—

Hi Katy

lovely to hear from you - I was wondering how you were doing 😊.

I think the waiting is the worst!

keep us updated xx

Hi DiKat

Sorry to hear you have had the same. It’s so frustrating! Hope you are doing ok otherwise xxx

Hi ladies

Thankyou for your kind messages. My BCN got back to me - apparently usual lab short staffed so biopsies being sent further afield hence common 5-6 week wait. Anyway, good news from it - my results came in yesterday so now going this morning.

Mel x

Hi Susie

good luck with your op. Your incisions sound similar to mine also. I had dissolvable stitches too and steristrips over the wounds which came off on their own whilst showering.  My op was on 14th May and apart from feeling really dehydrated and throwing up after surgery(which is par for the course for me, same happened on my previous surgeries for elbow replacement) I have had a good recovery.

Best wishes and hugs

Julie xx

Hi Susie

Good luck with your op next week.

Your incisions sound like they will be the same as mine.  I now have a small 2 inch line under my arm pit and another around my nipple.  I had my op on 7th May and both scars are healing very neatly.  I also had stitches that dissolved and waterproof dressings on for the first two weeks.  These were removed at my 2 week results appointment.

I was anxious about my general anaesthetic as it was the first time I’d had one. It was so much better than I’d expected.  I felt great the next day although did feel a little sick and tired on days 2 and 3 but it didn’t last long. 

Will be thinking of you next week.

x

Hi Susie

Good luck with your op next week.

Your incisions sound like they will be the same as mine.  I now have a small 2 inch line under my arm pit and another around my nipple.  I had my op on 7th May and both scars are healing very neatly.  I also had stitches that dissolved and waterproof dressings on for the first two weeks.  These removed at my 2 week results appointment.

I was anxious about my general anaesthetic as it was the first time I’d had one. It was so much better than I’d expected.  I felt great the next day although did feel a little sick and tired on days 2 and 3 but it didn’t last long. 

Will be thinking of you next week.

x

Hi everyone 

I'm from the February group and intend to join this group for a while too. I've had chemo and will finally be having a lumpectomy and anc after a 9 week wait, on 14th June. (I'm on a trial and had 4 rounds of FEC). It's been interesting to read the posts regarding drains and dressings. My surgeon will do 2 incisions, one near the nipple the other just under my arm. She will do internal stiches and use glue to stick me back together. No dressings. The glue and stitches will slowly dissolve. She won't be putting a drain in either as she believes any liquid, for want of a better description,  will be reabsorbed into the body. As far as surgery goes I have a fear of general aneasethic so I'll be first on the list. I'm also on meds for anxiety so that should keep some of the nerves at bay in the meantime. 

Susie B xx 

Snap Mel

I’ve had exactly the same call today and had an appointment scheduled for another weeks time. I know it can’t be helped but I feel so frustrated😞 Hope you are bearing up ok πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ’•

Hi Mel 

Sorry to hear u r back on the waiting game. It sucks!!

I have finally just had surgery after a 6 week wait and even though iam uncomfortable now and hooked up to a very gross drain the waiting was still worse.

Going to try and give myself a few days before joining the waiting game again for the results!

Best wishes to everyone

Katy

Oh Mel that’s far too long I really feel for you . It’s tough the waiting game . Hope they come back to you sooner. ❀️Xxx

Community Champion

3331melanie - I'm sorry you're having to wait so long for your results from surgery.

Have you had any follow up appointments with surgeon since your op?  I'm sure there is a time frame they should be following - a chat with your Breast Care Nurse may help the situation.  I'm sorry, I don't know whether you've had any other treatment and indeed what surgery you have had so forgive me, but no-one should have to wait 5 weeks for results - that's destroying... xx

Yes Mel, that's far too long to wait in these situations - I think I would be phoning or emailing a BC Nurse to ask if there's a problem in the system, and why so long, as you are, quite understandably, climbing the walls.

If you can get an email addie for a BCN I would recommend - I had a lovely one, for who nothing was too much trouble - but, sadly, like all the best staff, she has left the hospital now.  The one I have been seen into the consultant's room by on the last 2 follow-up appointments recently was a right bat ( not an old bat, I'm 64 anyway, just a bat ) and behaved as if she was the consultant's personal aide and I was a mere non-entity, haha.  My daughter works in the NHS and said that I ought to complain - without us, the patients, where would they be ?!!!

Hi Mel

Sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your results. Does seem a long time, hopefully your BC nurse may be of help, maybe she can speed things up. Sending you lots of love and hugs at this time and keep your chin up. x

Mel

So sorry to read that you are still waiting for results.  I hope you get some positive news very soon.

x

Oh Mel, that’s awful. Sending you lots of hugs xx

Hi everyone.

so Ive had a call to say my results are still not ready. It’s going to be nearly 5 weeks post op before I get them at this rate. Seems a ridiculously long time for results to come through. I’m an emotional wreck and feel I’m stuck in limbo 😒. I’ve emailed my BC nurse.

thanks for listening x

Thanks everyone for your replies.  Sounds like there are a few of us starting radiotherapy in the next few weeks! Good luck to us all! πŸ’—

Hi Vic2000

Great news re your surgery results 😁

Good luck for the 13th, keep us posted πŸ€—πŸ’•

Hi Vic 

looks like we are at same point . I start radiotherapy on 19th June . Looking forward to getting back to normal life . Great results. Good luck πŸ’•xxx

Thanks Mel - I’m looking forward to getting the radiotherapy started.  The sooner it starts the sooner it’s finished! x

Fingers crossed we both get started soon x

Hi Vic2000

welcome to the group. Wonderful news that you have the all clear. Hope you appointment next week goes well. Keep us informed.

hugs Mel xx

Good luck Vic2000, your appointment to discuss rads is same day as mine xx

Hi everyone - I’ve just found this group on the forum. 

I had a lumpectomy and three nodes removed (clear) on 7th May (which was also my 25th wedding anniversary πŸ™„).  I have had confirmation that the cancer has been fully removed have appointment on 13th June to discuss radiotherapy and confirm start dates for that.  Looking forward to moving on x

Thanks Dikat xx

Good luck for Wednesday Dikat and Mel.

Jac67, hopefully you’ll get your planning appointment through soon, I’m not far behind you, I’ve got my oncology appointment through for 13th June for rads.

Hugs to all

Julie xx

Best of luck for results on Wednesday ladies I’ll be thinking of yous ❀️ Helena you will get all the support on this forum . Best of luck with treatment πŸ’•xxx

Hi DiKat.

Hipe you are doing ok. Hopefully we will get positive news on Wednesday 😊. I just want confirmation of my treatment plan and outcome of surgery.

lots of love xx

Hi ladies 

Can’t believe it’s been a week since I posted, I can see lots has been happening.

Mel, sorry your results have been delayed, it’s so frustrating having to wait. Hopefully mine will be back for my appointment on Wednesday. Loved the personal story and pic. You look fab πŸ’•πŸ€—

Jewels 994, fantastic results! Good luck going forward with the RT and Tamoxifen πŸ’•πŸ€—

Jac67, good luck with the RT planning this coming week, hopefully you will be starting soon πŸ’•πŸ€—

HelenaK, I’m pleased to hear your margins were clear but sorry to hear that the nodes are affected. I’ve already had chemo so if there is anything I can help you with there, please feel free to ask. Once you know when you will be starting, you will be able to join the thread for that month. I don’t know what I would have done without the support and the shared knowledge from it. I know it probably feels like you have a bigger mountain to climb than you first thought but you got this, you can do it πŸ’•πŸ€—

Take care everyone ❀️

This forum has been a godsend! So much love and support.The waiting is hard - invariably start thinking all sorts. Hoping they are ready for next week.

Hugs to you too xx

Hi Mel what a lovely thing to write . Fab picture as well you look great . Hope you’re doing ok . The delayed wait must be hard . Lots love πŸ’• 

Hi ladies

Really pleased to help promote the forum.

πŸŒΈπŸŽ€πŸŒΈπŸŽ€

We can do this xx

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/about-us/news-personal-stories/breast-cancer-made-me-feel-i-was-...

Hi HelanaK

Sending you lots of love and positive vibes xxx

Good luck HelenaK going forward xx