Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Surgery May 2019

Re: Surgery May 2019

3331melanie

hope your surgery has gone well and you are feeling ok πŸ’•

Jac67 Hope everything is ok with your results.

Jewels994 Glad your HB has improved and good luck for the 14th.

Kaytee really sorry about your MRI result. Thinking of you.

Louann sorry about your delay, can understand you feeling deflated. Like you say though, you can concentrate on having a great holiday.

Hugs to all πŸ€—

Hi Louann

pleased that procedure has gone well and hope you get a confirmed date for surgery soon.

Def go and have an amazing holiday before the next steps 😊πŸ₯°

xx

Hi Kaytee

Sending lots of love and hugs to you sending positive thoughts to you xx

Hi meline

All the old black solid blood now removed not sure when my op will now happen as my surgeon got it wrong and now said it will be in July. At least I  can have a really good holiday before the next step. I’ll get there in the end but feeling a bit deflated at the moment.

Thinking positively towards everyone else and wishing you all well xx

Hope all goes well tomorrow xx

That’s great news! 

Not too long to wait now! I have a mixture of looking forward to getting my lump out to nerves!

πŸ€—

Kate - m sorry to hear about your MRI results.

waiting for tests/results is the worse.

hugs to you 

xx

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Talk with daughter was Ok. 

Unfortunately MRI appears to show the cancer has spread so op on hold and more waiting for tests for me :-(

Kate

Had my appointment today with the surgeon. My hb levels are now good and I’m booked in for my lumpectomy on 14th May.

Aw really!

Hope the other procedure goes well 😘.

June will soon come around 😊 xxx

Hi I have had my op cancelled due to the solid lump of blood from my biopsy. They are going to try to do something under a local anaesthetic at 1pm to try to break it up and has rebooked me for the op on the 28th June the day I get back from my holiday xx

Thank you

good luck to you all as well xx

Will be thinking of you tomorrow for the results πŸ€žπŸ€xxxx

Best of luck ladies ! Results for me tomorrow anxiety is high . Thinking of you all πŸ’•

Thank you DiKat.

Im giving the house a good clean so it’s all nice for when I get home!

Only a week until yours now too and hopefully that’s surgery  shins us 😊.

Louann - hope all goes well.

Kaylee - I hope you are ok and I mirror DiKats co menta about MRI 🀞

Hugs ladies xx

Mel and Louann

Good luck to both of you for your surgery. I hope you will both be home and it will all be over before you know it πŸ’•

Kaytee good luck for your MRI results and your conversation with your 10 yr old πŸ’•

Hi Kaylee

I think that’s the best approach with your 10 year old 😘.

Good luck for the MRI results 🀞

Mel xx

Thanks Mel

Wishing u the very best for surgery this week and as u said this time next week we might feel like we are getting somewhere. I have the results from MRI on Wednesday so just hoping they have not found anything else.

I think I am going to be as  honest as I can be with my 10 year old without using any big medical words

Hi Kaylee

wishing you the very best for 10th. I can relate to you - does seem an age since diagnosis to treatment! This time next week we can say op done and on to next stage! 

My children are 18 and 14 so was able to explain everything I know to be factual at this point.

Hugs Mel xx

Hi

Mines on the right side. It’s good to hear it’s doable!  Hope you next sessions will be ok - I’m sure they will although I can’t answer about the breath holding.

Xx

Hello

I am scheduled for surgery on the 10th. I am nervous but I just want to get on and get treatment started. It's seems like it's been an age since diagnosis. 

Big and scary day today though as have to tell my children what's going on as need to give them a bit of time to get used to the idea before Friday. I have a 10 year old and 3 year old  - any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

Melanie, radiotherapy was very doable, I did feel really tired right from the start last time. You just have to rest when you can. Last time it was my right boob, I’m a bit worried about the radiotherapy on the left side. I’ve heard some people have to hold their breath when it’s on the left. Hopefully it will all be fine, I had 25 sessions last time but they were over very quickly each day. Xx

Hi Melanie

Thank you, good luck with yours too, it will soon here and then my the weekend we can think at least that part is over with x

Hi - that is also the plan for me. How did you find radiotherapy? Xx

Hi DiKat

I will be having radiotherapy and also tamoxifen. I had the same thing on my right breast three years ago. So at least I know what is ahead of me. Xx

Hi Loann

Wishing you well for the 9th. I will be really pleased when it’s done! Let us know how it goes.

Mel xx

My lumpectomy is on Wednesday 9th, starting to get a bit nervous about it and the following few days. Good luck to everyone going through treatment xx

The best surgeon in London 

<a href="http://www.harleystreets.com/">Best Surgeon in London</a>.

SwissSaz

Not too long to wait then. Good luck πŸ€ xx

@DiKat wrote:

Hi Sarah

Pleased your surgery went well. Hope you’re at home resting now. How long will it be before you get results, it’s about 3 weeks at my hospital.

Take care xx

Hi DiKat

Hopefully results next Weds when I see the surgeon again. Back home today (woohoo!) and trying to take it easy. Under arm is quite bruised and sore but rest seems OK. 

Good luck for your next steps 🌸

So pleased you are feeling good! Fingers crossed for those results xxx

@Jac67 wrote:

Best of luck ladies . One week on I feel great . Just anxious about results!! πŸ’•

Best of luck ladies . One week on I feel great . Just anxious about results!! πŸ’•

DiKit

Thats good to hear! Not long for you either! I keep thinking this time next week it will be done πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜Šxx

Hi Mel

Yes, I think they will check my bloods again. Saw Macmillan nurse today and she said once my body realises it’s not getting another dose of chemo my bloods should start to rise. Not long for you now xx

Spoiler
Hope you are doing ok Linda.
They told me staining may be permanent. Guess it’s a small price to pay 😊 although would be nice I’d its not as will be a reminder xx

@Linda Corinne wrote:

I had SNLB last april and my nipple is still blue. Surgeon said hopefully it will get absorbed but previouly they had only seen it last 9 months. My nipple was cut round and moved up though in October so maybe that is why. I heard it can be permanant too hope not.

I am staying in 1 night again as I live 3 hours plus away.

Love Linda xxx

Hope all doing ok.

I had SNLB last april and my nipple is still blue. Surgeon said hopefully it will get absorbed but previouly they had only seen it last 9 months. My nipple was cut round and moved up though in October so maybe that is why. I heard it can be permanant too hope not.

I am staying in 1 night again as I live 3 hours plus away.

Love Linda xxx

Hope all doing ok.

Hi DiKit

sounds like you had a really busy day! Bet you were pleased to get home! I’m having the blue dye too - apparently it may leave a permanent stain!  Will they check your bloods again or are the happy to go ahead as planned - I hope it does as only 2 weeks and that will soon be here! 

A week today for me - never thought I’d say I can’t wait for surgery but I can’t. Will feel like I’m starting the journey to recovery .

i know what you mean about wanting normality- I miss it! Stil im getting fir walking everyday!

hugs to you all Mel x

Hi Sarah

Pleased your surgery went well. Hope you’re at home resting now. How long will it be before you get results, it’s about 3 weeks at my hospital.

Take care xx

Had pre assessment for op yesterday. It’s planned to go ahead on the 16th. Spent whole morning at hospital as had to have bloods, ecg and echocardiogram because I’d been having palpitations during chemo. Good that they’re being thorough! Had to also see the surgeon to sign consent. Because she can’t feel lump, said I would need a wire localisation and WLE. Will also have the blue dye to locate lymph’s and 4 sentinel nodes removed. Should still be a day case. Apparently lots of my bloods are below what they need to be, can’t remember which ones apart from hb which is 106, so mildly anaemic and neutrophils which were 1.26. It’s 3 weeks since my last chemo so that’s pretty rubbish considering I had 7 filgrastim (injections to stimulate immune system). Home for a quick lunch and then back to chemo suite at hospital for infusion of Herceptin and Pertuzumab (targeted therapy because I’m Her2 positive). Good job I wasn’t due another chemo with those neutrophils (have to be a minimum of 1.5 to have chemo). Only took about hour and half so not too bad. Only another 14 to go! Felt a bit sickly when I got home but ok now. Funny because I’ve not felt sickly during chemo but this is the first time I’ve not had anti sickness medication or steroids. Was told by nurses I might just feel some aches and pains. My feet and ankles have swollen a bit today, not liking that...think I maybe overdid things at the beginning of the week (walked 5.5 miles on Monday). It’s just frustrating though, want to feel normal for me...like a 50yr old, not an 80yr old 😞 Have to remember, small steps.

Love and hugs to all πŸ’•

Keeping everything crossed for your results 😘xx

Hope you are feeling ok Sarah just take it easy next few days you’ll be fine . Not long too go now Mel . Hope your are keeping busy . I’ve got results next Thursday. I’m in waiting game again . Have a good day everyone ❀️Xxx

Hi Sarah

Fantastic news surgery went well and fingers crossed for positive results!

Im on countdown fir next Thursday now!

hugs Mel x

Hi all

just a quick update from my hospital bed. Lumpectomy and SNB went well today. Surgeon was pleased so I take that as a positive sign! In some mild pain and discomfort, mainly under my arm. I have a drip and 1 drain so am staying in tonight and possibly tomorrow (although I really really want to be at home!)

not seen the breast scar yet, just the bruising on my upper arm. 

1 big step closer today. Now another wait to see if margins and SN are good. 

Good luck to all you ladies booked for surgery in next weeks. We can do this!

hugs to you all

Sarah  x

Good luck on 16th . You’ll be fine xxπŸ’•

Hi Jac67

pleased your op went well. It gives me positivity for my lumpectomy on the16th. I’m also intolerant to codeine and opiate based medication. Makes me vomit and have severe helicopter head! Hope your recovery is going well and you are managing your post op exercises. 🀞for good results xx

Hi

Im going to have blue dye apparently - May end up with a blue stain on my boob that stays πŸ˜‚

xx

Hi

Im pleased your surgery is done and you are starting to feel better 😊. Fingers crossed for your results. 🀞.

Take care for now xxx

Don’t think I got the blue dye . Did mention I had some allergy’s . Nodes were taken . They did say clear on biopsy but they double check . Not sure how accurate biopsy is . Xx

Hi

Lumpectomy on Wednesday went in at 8 . Had wire and injection for nodes . All was quite simple everyone was lovely . Operation at 2 back on ward at 4 . Home for 6 . Been feeling well but tender . But took an allergy to cocodamal so that set me back . But much better today . So paracetamol now . Just the wait for results now .  πŸ’•