Surgery WLE/SNB last week

I had my WLE/SNB on April 2nd and on the whole I am feeling okay. Pain wasn’t as bad as I expected. I have appointment to see Surgeon and Oncologist next week. The thing I’m surprised at is how tired I’m feeling, I fall asleep every afternoon, I have an underactive Thyroid and take Levothyroxine but my levels were checked pre op and they were okay. Has anyone else experienced this extreme tiredness?

Hi Maryah

Sorry that you haven’t had a response yet, I am sure that someone will be along soon to share their own experience with you. In the meantime, you may find it helpful to speak with one of our experts on the free Helpline, 0808 800 6000.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Yep, yep, yep, Maryah

You have just been through a pretty MAJOR op, my darlin. Has a major effect/tauma to your bod. You just need to remember that. General anaesthetic alone has a massive effect on a persons body. I’ve known BIG men suffer and complain of a surprising fatigue, following an op.

Soo, don’t be so surprised, and take it very EASY on yourself. Your “body” is basically telling you and letting you know, it needs some recoup, rest and relaxation time.

Did you know, that often when a persons body is “lacking” in or “needing” something, e.g Vit C - It’ll cause you to start craving Oranges or other Citrus fruits for their Vit C content. Same with Iron and meat/liver/offal?? 

So it’s important that you “listen” to it.

Sending speedy recovery wishes and love. And hey, forgot. A BIG welcome to the Forum to you. Take ALL you can from “it” and the fantastic women on here. We’ll all do whatever we can to support you, so just make “use” of it, Maryah.

Lotsa love, Delly x x x x