Surgery next week - 26th July

Hello, this is my first post here, though I have read a lot and found this to be a fantastic place for info and support…I have been diagnosed with stage 1 invasive ductal breast cancer and am having a therapeutic mammoplasty and sentinel lymp node biospy next Monday. Because of the position of the tumour my surgeon recommended this rather than a lumpectomy which would have resulted in ‘some deformity’ post surgery. I have decided to have a mammoplasty on the unaffected breast at the same time for symmetry, and so that the surgeon can use some breast tissue from the healthy breast to re-shape the one with the tumour.

I wondered if there was anyone else having their surgery next week who would like to join this thread for mutual support and sharing experiences?

Lisa

Hi Lisa

My surgery (lumpectomy) is on the 10th August so I’m a bit behind you.

I hope it goes well.

Lou x

Hi Lou and Lisa - really happy to see your posts and to be able to join this thread. Firstly, Lisa I hope you are starting to recover from your surgery yesterday and are feeling ok. Lou: it looks like I’m next in the queue here as I am going in on August 4th for a mastectomy for non-invasive DCIS. I am having reconstruction via thigh fat - they seem to refer to it as PAP…? I am still not up to speed on all the terminology. Anyhow, I have been advised to get some cycling shorts for post surgery but I am now struggling to work out how tight they should be to provide support…!?  if either of you are undergoing similar surgery, do let me know! Otherwise I’ll start a new thread… Anyhow, hope we can help each other through this a bit - it’s starting to get a bit scary…

Wendy