cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery tomorrow!

50 REPLIES 50
delly

Re: Surgery tomorrow!

Girls  -  Have a read of this post. It gave me such a giggle today. Talk about emotions running HIGH !!! Ha ha hee xxxx

https://forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/Recently-diagnosed-with-breast/Nearly-there-with-full-diagnosis...

** Peonyrose - Good luck for tomorrow from me too.  Restoration?? Had all my face and body scaffolding removed last week. Aahh, that's why my double chin's returned 😆 xxx 

PeonyRose9

Thank you lovely ladies for your best wishes🙏🏼
Being the glamour puss that I am, I was saving that pocket for my drain bag!😂 But I will borrow that Gold bikini and purchase a matching holster for my Aussie ticket... bondi beach babe (with a knitted knocker) 🤩💪🏼  I couldn’t see any humour in anything 3 weeks ago... my diagnosis left me an empty shell of my former self. The thought of having surgery filled me with dread and yet tomorrow if I’m given that option I’ll be jumping for joy... this journey is crazy!🤪.  Love and complete restoration to you all ❤️🌈🙏🏼

delly

Am just watching the news, for the latest on Co-vid. I am NOT understanding our government at all. Right from the start of Co-vid, I put my mask on as soon as I leave the house, 'cos I just don't want the RISK of either contracting it or spreading it. Wear it EVERYwhere. Still, loads of people just in the corner shop aren't or don't.  Morrisons are now refusing anyone who isn't wearing a mask. Good for them. But why isn't that the same everywhere? Why hasn't it been made GENERAL policy?? And from the start.  Aussie's even more deffo, girls.  See you there,  Ta raaaa ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ I'll have to watch out for them there 🦈 🦈 🦈 s, but rather them than this flippin virus.   Forgot it's their Summer, where's me suntan lotion and shades? 😎  xxxxxx   

Gelbel

Absolutely everything crossed for you tomorrow PeonyRose. And sending loads of good vibes. 🙇‍♀️🙏🤞🍀🌠 Thank goodness it's an early appointment so you're not on tenterhooks all day.

Gel x

delly

Hi Peonyrose, Alice

I do so hope your spinal and liver results ARE as you suspect.

Hey girl - I've just seen your pic, under your profile. That's a lovely picture. Think Honey Ryder has some serious competition.  Oh, and I forgot to say, girls, that picture of me (her, Honey) on Google, is the result of a very delayed double implant reconstruction. Did a good job, the surgeon, didn't he? Do you want to borrow my GOLD bikini, Peonyrose Alice??

Prey WHAT are you going to put in the front pocket of your button-up nightshirt?? Us, to keep you company whilst in surgery? Mind you, you'll need somewhere to put your Aussie ticket, won't you?

Lots of love, girls.  Dellywelly  xxxxxxx  

PeonyRose9

Delly, you certainly are lovable..  my spirits were really lifted last week with all the onesie images and banter, the jokes, love and lightness was so needed.X

Amy, I’m really leased you are doing so well and your recovery is going from strength to strength. I can’t believe it was a week ago today! X

Gelbel, I hope you are still recovering well and are comfortable as it’s only been a few days but what a warrior you are, I so admire you for that... straight out of theatre and encouraging others around you X

So tomorrow I see the Oncologist at 9am. I haven’t had any appointments for MRI scans. The lesions could well be cancer but they could also be as the result of a fall I had 3 years ago (trauma) which I still have to see an Osteopath about a couple of times a year. And the liver could be as the result of an eating disorder ( bulimia) that I had for 20 years until I was 35. Hopefully tomorrow I will have some idea of a way forward... I’ll take my previous scans of my back and discuss my history but the Oncologist will have far more experience and wisdom in the next best steps. The surgery next week is still on the table but I’ll let you all know tomorrow.  I really want the surgery next week and to still be in the Surgery January 2021 gang, because you are all awesome and because I have a new dressing gown, front buttoned nightshirt ( with front pocket) and a V pillow!! 🙏🏼🤞🏼🌺🌈❤️

delly

Amy -  Yey.  Good to hear you're doing well. Hope you CAN have your drains out tomorrow. That'd be another nice step forwards. "Hope you and everyone else is ok?"??? "I" think I'm okay thanks, am not so sure if everyone else thinks I'm okay??? More likely think I'm a bit of a looney 😆 A quite harmless and lovable one though.

Gelbel - Hope you're doing well today too. I had to giggle at your Mum in an elephant onesie.  Definitely would NOT have got mine in one. Might have got my Dad in one though, he was the always the daft one. Obviously him I get "my" daftness from.

Peonyrose  - Alice, have you had any results back yet?

Lots of love,  Dellypoos  xxxxxxxx    

Amy1988

Hi delly. I'm doing ok thanks. I think the anaesthetic is starting to wear off because I'm getting a big more pain, but nothing severe! The district nurse is coming to see me tomorrow and they said that if all is ok with my drain it can come out. Hope you and everyone else is ok

delly

AMY  - How are you doing?? Hoping you're okay.

Think you might have to come on and quieten us lot down. It's all that Gelbels fault, Miss - got me all carried away with animal onesies.

Hope everyone's had a restful Sunday.  (Thought I'd leave you in peace for a change)

Lots of love to you all,  Delly  xxxxxx

Gelbel

I SO want a shark onesie though I'm a little bit worried about my arms as I don't think I'd be that good with fins. Mind you I wouldn't be very good walking with both legs down one leg hole was it were - I'd be waddling like a penguin .🦈 🤲 🐧

I bought my mum an elephant one a few years ago. It is so amusing when she has her hood up and there is this trunk swaying from side to side. 🐘

delly

Gelbel

YOU a soppy moo? ! - 'I've' just "welled up" reading your post!! What a fabulous bunch of friends. "Friends are like bra's - they are close to your heart and give support" - that's brilliant. Never heard it before, in all my years around BC. 

I've heard so many excellent things about "knitted Knockers", plus the people who make and post them, always with a friendly note attached.

Going back to your "Giraffe and Ocelot onesies" Gelbel, and Peonyroses's "Lion" outfit - I'm just looking at a letter from Father Christmas. Before Christmas, I kept seeing these brill kids sleeping bags advertised on tv, with animal heads and bodies, all sorts of other characters, and put my request in to him for one. A shark one, that looks as though your head is in its mouth 🤣!! Didn't get one 😢😢😭 He's said "Miss Delly, You are not getting your shark bag. You are the NAUGHTIEST person I know. Must try better to behave yourself, especially on the BCC Forum" ?!! What? Maaaahahaaar, sniff, sniff. Have to summon up my old Blue Peter skills and make one - Let's see . . . . I've got some egg cartons I can make some teeth from. I'll just fasten them to the head hole of an old grey/blue sleeping bag - lalalalalaaa  mm mm (tongue's sticking out in concentration) - and there -  Delly's your Aunty!! One shark sleeping bag 😆  Something I could make to sell in our shop, Gelbel, for the Aussie fund.

Who needs Father Christmas. if he thinks I'm going to behave, he can go take his toys and Ho Ho Ho's somewhere else 🦈 << Oh look, a shark!! hahahee  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️    

Gelbel

I'm good thanks Delly. No pain, bit of an ache in the top pec area. Struggling not to do much though doing my exercises and having some water every time I get up.

Got my letter with follow up consultant's appt on 20th. 👍 Made an eye test appt for Friday as needed to go for a while - might as well make it my first (official) outing after my dressing/wound check earlier in the day.

I ordered some knitted knockers from the Birmingham branch on Sunday - they are still fulfilling orders. Arrived yesterday beautifully wrapped with a lovely note. So much nicer, comfier and a better fit than my NHS softie. A pal happened 😉 to walk down our road and waved at me as she went passed. She messaged to say my chesticles looked good.

Been attached to my phone most of the day - texts and messages from all over the place. And I ended up crying as my gang of girlfriends sent me a bunch of flowers with a card saying Friends are like bras - they are close to your heart and give support. ❤️💐 Soppy moo - I'm seen as strong and very determined and usually in only cry with frustration. Must be the anesthetic! 🤭

Hope you're doing good Any and continuing to recover.

delly

Mmmm - I know you lot are really all having a good LAUGH at ME, dressed as a Unicorn!! 🤣 Rotten lot.  Just watch it, or I'll put you through the pain of telling you all my Xmas cracker jokes again. Oy, I can hear that GROAN, and OHHH NOOOO, NOT AGAAAIN.  Two, no THREE!! of those on current the animal subject: 

What d'ya call a three legged Donkey? - Wonky 

Why do Giraffes have long necks? - Because they have smelly feet.  (of course!!)

What do frogs wear on their feet? - Open toad sandals.

I DID warn you!!!!

* Gelbel  -  How are you doing, girl? I'm hoping all went well for you today, and that you're comfey, being well looked after.

* Amy - Hope you're doing well? Keep taking your tablets and doing your exercises.

*Peonyrose - I used to LOVE TREACLE, when a kid. Haven't had it for years, so I'd be quite happy to EAT it!! It'd be Less for you to WADE through 😋 Good to know you've plenty of support to help keep you upbeat.

Lots of love girls,  DoolallierbythedayDelly   xxxxxxx  

PeonyRose9

A big shout out to Gelbel for your operation today and having such a wonderful start to your recovery. Finding the time also for reaching out to others on here and for having me laughing out loud “I've giraffe and ocelot onesies”😂. The further I’m traveling into this whole new world the more I’m feeling one amongst many. It is so scary and lonely  with all the tests, diagnosis and the uncertainty... having to hand my life over and trust in the expertise and navigation of others. I’m so grateful for this group, the support, love, light hearted and caring humour and above all the comradeship of everyone on here. And although I absolutely don’t want this journey of cancer, I wouldn’t be experiencing this if I hadn’t.  ❤️💪🏼🎀🌺🌈

Evie-S
Community Champion

Hi PeonyRose - I’m so sorry to read about the new findings, but really hope they will be nothing to worry about, as happened for Delly. The waiting is horrible isn’t it - but you’ve got lots of support and kept your sense of humour, and Delly will make sure you keep it!! 

Sending lots of strength and hugs, and remember to take one day at a time. Evie xx

Gelbel

Never such thing as a unicycle for one - people around you to support you to make sure you ride this journey safely and comfortably, as smoothly, quickly and bump free as possible. 🤗

I've giraffe and ocelot onesies so we could open a little 🎪 and charge for people to find our AU's trip. x 😝🤩 

I've been on a tandem - years ago I was a nurse. Dr offered me a lift to main hospital when I missed the bus from the satellite one. There was me expecting a car - flipping tandem. 🤣

PeonyRose9

Ahh Delly, I guess I’m trying to be a lion but on a difficult and lonely unicycle for one. So yes please having you join me with your unicorn ensemble and in tandem! I just need to trust and keep my faith that everything is as it’s meant to be and my team will hopefully bring me back to health and happiness.  I am 53, divorced 17 years and single parent to my 2 sons ( aged 21 & 23 ) I am blessed to have very loving, caring and supportive friends around me, I work in a school and have their support too. My sons are amazing and I have my Christian  church family too. I have been blown away by all the love I’ve been shown. I’m so grateful albeit wishing this wasn’t happening. But it is and I am very cared for.    Thank you for your superb humour, so refreshing and needed ❤️🌺🌈

delly

Hi Alice Peonyrose ❤️ (I love these hearts! So immediately cheering and loving, I think.)

You sound to have a very thorough, vigilant team of medics, thank goodness, so that's good. Not good you're having to go through all this, though. Ha Ha and Awww, I had to laugh at your choice of a UNI cycle (not even a double wheeled one!!), and lions outfit!! Interesting choice. It says a lot about you when you can retain a smidge of humour at such a time. Hope you get your appointments for your MRI's SOON!! as I'm sure you do. Hang on, I'm just getting my Unicorn outfit on to come join you, but you'll have to switch to a BI-cycle so I can sit on the back.

I hope you've got some supportive family and friends around you, have you? 

Lots of love, Delly ❤️ 💛 💙  

PeonyRose9

Thank you for your love and kind response’s. Yes it was the L2 and T12. I was given the CT scan because the cancer was also found in my lymph nodes and they said although they didn’t expect anything they’re doing the CT as a matter of procedure. I also thought they might have done it to aid the surgery and to get the load down on my anatomy, lump, nodes etc... I was told 2 MRI scans...1 for my liver and 1 on my spine. I was disappointed that I didn’t get a call from the hospital’s today as my CT was the following day  ( The Royal Sussex in Brighton for 1 and the Princess Royal 20 miles away for the other!) if they told me to ride a unicycle in a lions outfit I’d do it...just tell me what I need to do😂 Without the extra evidence of MRI I’m unsure what the oncologist will suggest as best. I’d really like to go ahead with the surgery on the 21st....did I really just say that? I know they’re all working in my best interest, it just feels like I’m wading through treacle😩❤️

delly

Peonyrose - Aaah flip. I'm sooo sorry to hear your results, flower. Yeh, I can only imagine what your last 24hrs have felt like. I had a scan come back with a "lesion" on my liver, but turned out to just be a haematoma. I'm hoping the same for you. Thoughts and Fingers crossed for you for Tuesday then. Got you on L2 (lumbar) vertebra, but might that be "T"12 as in Thoracic (12 of) as we only have 5 Lumbar verts. Why TWO MRI scans? Can I just ask you - Why were you being given this CT scan? Were you having problems elsewhere, as they undertook it? Have you been having any back pain? ❤️ xxx  

BluebellTime

Oh, peonyrose, Alice, So sorry you have more to deal with, I really feel for you. It's good you are getting more appointments and scans but such a hard time. I guess it may mean a change of treatment plan,  but your team will do whatever is best for you. If you want to talk with someone the nurses here are brilliant, I've called them 2 or 3 times and always found it really helpful. I hope you can get some rest tonight. Love Mo xx

delly

Hi Amy

Ha Ha to the 1Kg "lighter"! As long as your sleeping difficulty is only due the unnaturalness of having to sleep on your back, rather than side? - 'cos had it been pain discomfort, I'd have been spouting at you -  "Take your painkillers when you go to bed, girl"! I'm surprised at myself how "strict" I am!! 😆 Keep taking good care of yourself and hope you're being well spoiled and taken care of too  xxx

Gelbel - You may already be installed in your hospital bed, as I think you mentioned your surgeon wanted you in the night before. They don't want you to escape you see!! I hope you manage to set SOME sleep tonight. If you're struggling, ask your nurses for a sleeping tablet. Doesn't really matter if your 1/2 asleep in the morning. Hope all goes well for you, darlin' xxx

Evie - Yeh, of course you can come to Aussie, but only if you don't look as good as my new Honey Ryder persona in a bikini! Look at a photo of her/ME - I'm magnificent. Wow xxx 

PeonyRose9

Hey you wonderful women. I’m now unsure what is going on! My CT scan came back yesterday and apparently showed a lesion on my liver and my spine (L2 & L12) I’m waiting appointments  for 2 MRI scans for further investigation and an appointment with an oncologist on Tuesday am. Another twist and more uncertainty to bear. As if just having breast cancer wasn’t enough to get to grips with! So the Oncologist will now determine the next course of action. So close to having the surgery but now, I just don’t know. It’s been a difficult 24 hrs.

Gelbel, I wish you the very best for tomorrow and that everything runs smoothly and your recovery is swift. I will be thinking of you and will have you in my prayers.

Amy, I’m so pleased you are 1kg better off! And your recovery is going so well. Nothing but respect for you, your strength and courage,

❤️🌺🙏🏼🌺❤️

Evie-S
Community Champion

Hi BluebellTime - that’s really great news to hear about your annual scan. Thanks for sharing your good news 😊.

Amy - I hope you are recovering well, each day will feel better. The early days feel slow but then suddenly you start to feel back to normal (normalish at least).

PeonyRose9 (Alice) - hope you are ok? Good that you have a date for surgery - I too had right side mastectomy and node clearance if you have any questions.

Gelbel - all the best for tomorrow (I’ve missed what surgery you are having), but wanted to wish you a speedy recovery.

Delly - last but by no means least - please can I too join you in Oz, sounds perfect.

Evie xx

Amy1988

Hi delly. Yeah, but at least I'm 1kg lighter lol. I'm a side sleeper so now I'm stuck laying on my back is really uncomfortable. But I manage to get some sleep, just not as comfy as I would like to be! 

delly

Hey Bluebell time

Another of my favourite flowers. That's great news on your clear 1yr anniversary scan. Looong may it continue for you. xxxx

delly

Hi again, Amy

Honey Ryder here!!😆 Oooo, I wish, wouldn't mind looking like that! Good to hear from you and that you're doing well. Wow - Yeh, 1kg is big!!

Why is "sleeping so uncomfortable"?? Are you meaning because of the position you're having to sleep in, it being unnatural to your usual one?? xxxx

BluebellTime

Hello PeonyRose, glad to hear you have your date, not too far away. Try to keep busy and the time will slip by. Good luck too for the scan result - as a bit of cheery news, I had an annual follow up CT scan recently and just got the result that mine was all clear, hope you will be the same. Best wishes to all the ladies on here going through treatment at such a difficult time, love and strength to you all. Mo xx

Amy1988

Hi delly. Yeah, I was gutted when I asked about a meal and they said they had stopped cooking. It was nearly 9pm but I also missed my programmes on the tv lol. But I was so thankful that my surgery was done. My tumour weighed nearly 1kg! All the stress and worry that I had built up to it was awful. I wasn't scared of what they were doing to my breast but it was the general anaesthetic that worried me. The anaesthetist was lovely and he said what I was worrying about was so low risk. That helped me a bit. I'm doing ok now, admittedly I'm not taking any painkillers at the moment but I've got plenty here if I need them. Yeah, the recovery is going to take time. I managed my exercise today, not too bad! But I'm so slow moving around now and sleeping is so uncomfortable. I'll be packing my suitcase soon for the oz trip lol. 

delly

Hi Amy

Great to hear from you. Fancy them not saving any dinner for you!!! 😆 Have you got a good CHEF on call at home?? If not Jamie O or Gordon R, perhaps your hubby?? ❤️Hope you are feeling comfey today. Am sending you another big, but gentle ((HUG))  Were you surprised in the end, and after all your pre-op anxiety, at how "easy" the surgery part has been??  All that anxiety is only natural, just our fear of the "unknown", and it all being "unfamiliar".   It's GOOD STUFF that anaesthetic, isn't it?  Whatever ops I've had in the past, I've always found Anaesthetists to be particularly lovely and great at putting you at ease.

I was as anxious as you with my 1st mast and ANC. A year later, with my 2nd mast and ANC, I felt quite blasee about it, not at all worried or anxious, because I'd already experienced it not long before, so knew what to expect 2nd time round.

The "hardest" part is NOW - the healing and then recovery. The physical healing recovery, of course. But also, once you've healed and got your mobility back, the mental recovery. Right now, you just need to concentrate on the physical.

The two most important pieces of advice I would give, from my own experiences:-

Always take your painkillers and ESPECIALLY before bed - Even if you aren't in pain at the time. Because you can bet, if you don't, you'll unconsciously move awkwardly in your sleep, and OUCH - it'll wake you up. Disturb your currently much needed "healing" sleep. Same in the day - you need to keep the levels up in your system, by taking them regularly, so that you don't get to the "painful" stage.   (I don't like popping pills unnecessarily, but soon discovered that in this case, it WAS necessary). Even if you don't like the stronger painkillers you may have been given by the hospital, and switch to just Paracetamols - you need them every 4hrs or so.

Do your exercises. - Start as soon as you can, but "carefully" so as not to hurt or pull on your wound.  I don't know if you've been told when to start them, or whether you've even had advice about from a physio yet. We were "hospitalised" for a WEEK in my day, and physio's came round to you on the ward, on about day 3 post-op, to go through exercises with you.                                                                           

My attitude was - I want to recover as quickly as possible, and I had nothing better to do whilst lying/sitting in hospital (or as with you at home), so why not put it to good beneficial use to myself. Used to do them 5-6 times a day or more. Certainly MORE often than whatever the physios suggested. As often as you can.  You're unable to do a lot else.  Was the same when I got home - sat watching tv etc. ♥️ xx

Gelbel -  Hi, lovey. I've just checked out what you're having done on Friday, on one of your other posts, as you didn't say on here. I have to say, I'm massively impressed, girl, at all your preparations in advance. Think you ought to offer it as a specialist service to any other woman awaiting a BC op. Took note of you awakening after your hip op, so DON'T FORGET YOUR PAINKLLERS, ESPECIALLY BEFORE YOU GO TO BED!! Am sooo hoping everything goes well on Friday for you ♥️❤️❤️

** Well - I finally finished the cork hanging on my hat girls, ready for our Aussie trip. Can't decide on my gold bikini, or the one that transforms me look like "Honey Ryder" (Ursula Andress) when she first emerges from the sea in the DR NO Bond film (you might have to Google that one if you aren't of a similar age). Yes, that one's a "magic" one if it makes me look any where as good as she did 😆!! So there's no need for a decision reeally, the choice is already made.   Am thinking to ask our lovely BERNARD if he'd like to join us, as he's doing such a lovely job of keeping an eye on us (and probably making sure I'm not swearing too much, which this bleeping disease has a tendency to do!), and he keeps dishing out lovely warm HUGS, by the dozen. Sent him a message to say he's keeping us all HUGGED UP! THANKS AGAIN, BERNARD xxx

Lots of love, Dellywelly xxxxxxx     (Honey Ryder's lookalike 😀)        

Amy1988

Thanks bernard. The staff were lovely there. They knew how nervous I was and I asked if I could hold the nurses hand in the anaesthetic room. It gave me comfort having someone right there with me

Thanks evie. I'm still a bit sore, but I haven't had to take any painkillers since being home. I do really hope that sharing my experience will help others. I was terrified myself, but it's not as bad as what we imagine it to be

Hi gelbel. I'm feeling quite good today, apart from being a bit sore. I'm glad you talked things through with your surgeon. Once I saw mine again and met the anaesthetist, they did give me lots of reassurance. Good luck for friday, it will be over with very quickly. And oz definitely sounds like a good idea!

Gelbel

Hi Amy

Thank you for sharing your experience too - very reassuring. I am so glad to hear the only bluh thing about your surgery was missing a meal! I hope your recovery is fast and smooth. 

How are you doing today?

I just had a lovely chat with my surgeon (by phone so not exposed to any potential covid germs) who was so clear and thoughtful about all that will happen on Friday. At the moment I am first on the list and will be a day case, unless they are not happy with something.

So let's all do what Delly says and booger off to Oz to recover! Just need to work out how to get in the wink of an eye.

Gel
x

Evie-S
Community Champion

Hi Amy - thanks for coming back to let everyone know how you are and the experience you had. Your message will be very helpful to others who are about to go through surgery and are anxious. I hope you are recovering well, take things slowly and listen to your body was good advice I was given after my surgery. Love and hugs, Evie xx

Bernard_BCN
Community Manager

Hi Amy1988

Glad the surgery is over! I hope you felt well looked after.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us here.

Sending you positive vibes on the way to recovery x

Bernard

Amy1988

Hi everyone. My surgery is done! I got to the hospital at 10 but my op was done at 4. The waiting was the worst part, my anxiety was really high and when I got down to the anaesthetic room (don't know the proper name for it!) I really didn't believe I could go through with it. But then I thought of the reason why it had to be done and all the other women who have been where I was. I found the general anaesthetic very good, the last thing i remember was the anaesthetist putting monitors on my head and the next thing I was waking up in the recovery ward. I felt quite awake after 5 minutes but it was nearly 9pm, so I missed out on a hot meal. I was a bit disappointed about that lol. I just wanted to thank you all for the well wishes and advice. I really appreciate it and I hope I can be helpful to anyone else whose going through this too

delly

Hi again, Peonyrose - Thanks for your update. So that was at least one out of the two today, with receiving your date, but still waiting on your scan results.  Hope you've got plenty to do to keep your mind occupied and "Up". Guessing your boys aren't at school with lockdown? 

Peonies - Yeh, I particularly like the great big light pink Japonica ones - quite spectacular. 

Hey girls - I spoke to a friend last night, who has a son in Perth, Aussie, and he says there's hardly a problem with Co-vid in his area!! Lets all go pack our bikinis and b****r off outta this country, shall we? I'm just fastening corks on strings to my hat as I speak, and singing about billabongs and some woman called Matilda who waltzes!! 😄

Amy - Hope you have a good sleep tonight with sweet dreams. Hurry up and heal, so you can join us in Aus.

Lotsa love to everyone,  Delly-Matilda 🙂  xxxxxxx  

PeonyRose9

Hey Delly, Thank you for your warmth and kind messages. Yes, the update is that I have 21st January for my surgery ( right side mastectomy and removal of some lymph nodes). My CT scan results aren’t back yet but I’m focusing on them being positive, I’ve tortured myself relentlessly  over the past month with bad case scenarios... enough already!     Next steps will be my pre op assessment stuff and Covid test... I’m as good as self isolating to not jeopardise the surgery, along with my 2 sons.   Peonies and roses are my favourite flowers hence my username but my real name is Alice.  Sending out all my love and best wishes to you incredible, courageous women 🌺❤️🌺

PeonyRose9

Hey Delly, Thank you for your warmth and kind messages. Yes, the update is that I have 21st January for my surgery ( right side mastectomy and removal of some lymph nodes). My CT scan results aren’t back yet but I’m focusing on them being positive, I’ve tortured myself relentlessly  over the past month with bad case scenarios... enough already!     Next steps will be my pre op assessment stuff and Covid test... I’m as good as self isolating to not jeopardise the surgery, along with my 2 sons.   Peonies and roses are my favourite flowers hence my username but my real name is Alice.  Sending out all my love and best wishes to you incredible, courageous women ❤️         

delly

Hi Amy

Am just thinking about you. I hope everything went well yesterday, you are feeling comfortable, are being well looked after and spoiled! I'm sending you a big but "gentle" HUG ❤️❤️❤️

Peonyrose - Any news, flower??

Lots of love to everyone,  Delly xxxxxx

delly

Hi peonyrose - Lovely name. Peonies, my most favourite flowers, love roses too. Good luck from me for today also for favourable results. I found it better to mentally remove "What if", replace it with and concentrate on "What if it ISN'T".

Lotsa love, Delly  xxx

PeonyRose9

Thank you Amy, I know all about the ‘what if’s’ as they’ve been tormenting me since my diagnosis on December 23rd, actually since December 6th after my triple assessment!          I’m usually a very positive and optimistic person but this has had me on my knees.  So as we don’t know the outcome of anything up front, how about our ‘what if’s’ are the best outcomes...we see the result of anything as the best case scenario, as why wouldn’t that be the case and tap into faith and get fear packing!  Today is your day.x

Tili

Dear Amy,

wishing you lots of love and a big hug for tomorrow, will be thinking of you, take good care and make yourself number 1. with all the family running around looking after you.

love Tili Xx

Evie-S
Community Champion

Hi Amy - I too want to send you love, hugs and strength for your operation tomorrow. You’ve written a great post yourself, do go back and read it before you go tomorrow. We will all be thinking of you, so do let us know how you are when you feel up to it. Evie xx

delly

Hi Amy

Just noticed your post and couldn't pass by without adding to all these other lovely messages you've had. What a great bunch of ladies you all are.

Should think your anxiety is running high at the mo'. Jeez - I can remember it sooo well with my 1st mast 2006 (not so anxious with 2nd 2007 then knowing what to expect). I was sooo knackered from lack of sleep and the worry of it all, I was glad I'd had to stay in the night before, as I don't think I'd have made it to the hospital otherwise! Was in a total daze to it all the morning of, which was probably the best state to be in and just allowing it all happen. These medics are so good at what they do, be it the surgeons, Anaesthetists, nurses. Had the best sleep ever!!! Woke up to then be wrapped up in a pre-heated lovely warm blanket. Fed tea and toast, which tasted like it had never done before, with having starved for 10hrs or more.

I would say however, and am just wanting to prepare you really - don't be surprised at how upset you may feel when you first look at yourself. I made a point of looking at myself as soon as I could get myself up to go to the ward bathroom. I was quite a "tough cookie", but shocked even myself at how upsetting I found it. Must have spent a good 15 minutes collapsed on the floor uncontrollably SOBBING, so much so I couldn't stand up. Felt a lot better from it after though. Was like I needed a damn good vent/sob. Let it all out, I say.

I can't praise all our wonderful NHS staff enough for the fantastic work they do.

Good luck Amy. We'll all be thinking of you and sending you loving and healing thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Lots of love to you and everyone else on here,

Delly  xxxxxxx    

Amy1988

Thanks Alice. I just need to see this as a positive thing and stop thinking about the 'what ifs?'. I hope you don't have to wait too long for your results and surgery. 

PeonyRose9

You will be in my prayers and thoughts tomorrow. Here’s to everything going smoothly for you and your swift recovery. I’m right there with you as I’m hopefully getting my date for surgery and CT results tomorrow.

You’ve got this Amy! Sending you my love and best wishes from Alice 💪🏼❤️🌈

Amy1988

Thanks gelbel. The thought of waking up and them not being there anymore is what's keeping me going. It'll be worth it! 

Amy1988

Thanks bookish. Yeah, I just need to let them get on with it! I'm trying to de stress as much as possible but it's not easy lol. The waiting is the worst, I'm so ready just to have done now 

Gelbel

Good luck tomorrow Amy - great thinking about getting those tumours out. x

bookish

No doubt the waiting is stressful! Hope you can be extra nice to yourself today 🙂

One of my friends told me before my last op to remember that the patient has the easy job. You just have to turn up tomorrow and let the experts do their thing while you get to nap 😉

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow xx