366716posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT on bras

3 REPLIES 3

Re: VAT on bras

Thank you Nettie62 and Aneeebel, I got a bra from M&S and just completed the form. The assistant seemed familiar with it. I think there's confusion around this issue as you feel like you need to prove you're not pulling a fast one. When you think about it even if they did investigate (which they probably dont), you're either having a mastectomy or you're not so assuming that you are you have nothing to fear. The only problem is really you shouldn't have to buy a bra you don't actually need (having immediate reconstruction so don't need pockets) just to get the vat off!

Community Champion

Hi Jemima

The ones at Asda are already priced minus the VAT

I've actually been looking online this afternoon and some of the sites tell you to tick a box if you're eligible for a VAT free purchase!

👙

Hi Jemima

I bought mine from M&S in the shop as I wanted to try them on first and speak to their staff. The bra’s have tickets on them and you fill this in at the till where the VAT is then taken off 

Good luck x

VAT on bras

Can anyone advise about how to get the VAT off surgery bras, I can't find the information anywhere online.  I'm told you need to fill in a form but where do you find this form?