surgery question

Hello. I’m new to all this. 

I have to have a lumpectomy, and because of where it is, they may have to move my nipple.

Has anyone had this done? How was it afterwards?, is there still feeling/responsiveness.

I know many people go through much worse.

Hello,

I’m 64 and had a TM, therapeutic mammoplasty, as they had to remove a pretty large area; thankfully I was well enough endowed for the remaining tissue to be rearranged, so it was like a breast reduction really. It did mean that the nipple and areola had to be cut out and repositioned.

I don’t think I was aware that this was going to happen beforehand…too much going on ! But it’s been fine, and yes, there is still feeling, and really, you can’t easily tell I have had this done, the scarring is reduced to such a thin line, there is a faint circle which at first looked a bit odd, as obviously, around the outer edge of most areolas there isn’t a definitive border, is there…?! 

The op was on 29th May, and overall I’m still a bit numb in general, as I had to have full ANC too, - and on top of that I’ve just finished rads, which has its own effects of hardening the skin etc,… but it’s definitely getting better all the time …slowly but surely…and the scars will continue to fade I’m sure.

So really, it’s been OK ! 

Hope this helps, I’m sure others will be along to share their experiences too…