Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data sharing

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Data sharing

Hi Jaybro

We have asked the platform who hosts this Forum.

They have said:

Reviewing all the cookies present in the community cookie datasheet one of the cookies we have on Community store any message content of the user. However, there is one cookie, LithiumNotifications, which temporarily stores the toast message (e.g. "FreyaC replied to your post" is stored in the cookie) to show in "toast notification" and the same cookie is deleted immediately after the toast notification disappears. 

I am confident that, despite feeling strange, this advert was not related to conversations you were having with another user.

Sending our best wishes

Bernard

Editing this post to add a link to Breast Cancer Now's privacy policy.

Highlighted

Thank you 🙂 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Jaybro,

Thank you for your post and for bringing this to our attention.

We are currently looking into this and will get back to you shortly.

Best wishes,

Saskia

Highlighted

Data sharing

Hi

I’m a bit concerned. I received a PM from someone who didn’t want to write on the forum and it included a mention of pension planning. 15 minutes later, I logged into WhatsApp on the same iPad and the advertising bar was about pension planning,

This can’t be coincidence. I and the other person assumed our information was private. Given the nature of what we’re writing about, baring our souls sometimes, surely it’s essential we can trust the site. Imagine the impact if the advert were for funeral planning!

Please, what is the site’s policy on data sharing and how protected is our privacy?

Regards, Jan