Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM usage - a question for a moderator

19 REPLIES 19
Community Manager

Re: PM usage - a question for a moderator

Hi Helen,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

We're still waiting for our colleague to reply, but our website support team has made some small changes to your settings and has asked that you keep an eye out for email notifications. Please let us know if you start receiving these over the next few days. 

Best wishes

Saskia

Community Manager

Hi Helen

I am asking our colleague who looks after the Forum from a technical pov to see if we have an update on this.

Bernard

Hi Saskia 

Any news on this problem yet?

Many thanks 

Helen x 

Hi Saskia

Happy New Year to you. 

My email is correct & hasn't changed during the time I have used the forum (7+ years).

The problem with email notifications started in January 2020 - please see my first post on this thread from February 2020.

Over the last month I have sent and received lots of PMs but, as during  the whole of 2020, not received one email notification. 

Many thanks for looking into it.

Helen 

Community Manager

Hi Helen44

Happy new year!

I wanted to update you that we are still looking into this with our product manager and support team. Could you please let us know when this issue started? And please could you confirm that the email address in your settings hasn't changed and is the right address?

Best wishes, 

Saskia

Hi Helen

I too wasn't receiving BCC email notifications to my own, personal email "inbox", for a long time. Had to actually log onto the site to find out if any.  But DID receive one this week, so am presuming/hoping the prob may have been sorted.

xxx

Community Manager

Hi Helen,

Thanks for letting us know. I have been doing some investigating this morning and have sent you a test message which I hope worked. 

In the meantime, I have escalated this to our support team and I hope we can get this fixed as soon as possible. If not, our product manager will be able to look into this issue at the start of January.

Best wishes,

Saskia

Hi Saskia

Just to let you know that I have had 4 PMs yesterday and not received any email notifications. Again, I have checked my junk/spam folder and they aren't in there either.

Perhaps you can continue to investigate. 

Thanks, Helen 

Community Manager

Hi Helen

Thanks for posting. I have refreshed your settings so that you should receive email notifications for new private messages as well as replies to private messages. I hope this works for you, but please do let us know if it doesn't and we will look into this again.

We're sorry for these technical issues and any inconvenience caused. 

Sending you our best wishes,

Saskia 

Hi Zoe

As I have been using PM a lot these last few days I have noticed that yet again I do not receive an email notification when someone replies to my PM. They are not going into junk/spam and you have already checked my account settings and they are correct. Any ideas?

Thanks, Helen x

Community Manager

Hi helen44,

Thank you for your patience.

Once again, we are sorry to see that you have had some issues with the email notifications. We have checked it and it seems that all your account settings are correct. Can I please ask you to check your spam emails? It is possible that the notification emails have ended up there.

If you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to get in touch and contact us at moderator@breastcancernow.org.

Best wishes,

Zoe

Community Manager

Hi @helen44 thank you for your post and for letting us know.

We're sorry to hear you have missed your notifications. We will look into this for you and get back to you here shortly.

Many thanks,
Shareena
Social Media Officer

Hi 

Just wondering if you are still looking into my query on PMs - ie why do we not get an email notification when receiving a PM anymore? It's very frustrating and I have missed a few over last months  because I don't sign on very often as I don't need to to read the threads.

Your help is appreciated. 

Many thanks 

Helen

Community Manager

Hi delly,

Thank you for your post.

Thanks for flagging this. It seems that other users experience the same issue. We are currently looking into this.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience cause.

Best wishes,

Zoe

Hi Moderators

I haven't been on for a couple of weeks. Have just tried to access an email in my inbox a number of times, but keep getting a deep info pink band appearing across the base of the screen. This is allowing me to access an "input message" box to "send", but not access to my "inbox" mail.

Have checked my settings.

Has something changed procedure wise for private messaging, in the last couple of weeks, that I'm not aware of?

I can't access the listings for previously received or sent messages.

Any help or advise appreciated.

Thanks, Delly xxx

Thank you Zoe Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Hi helen44,

I am glad to see that you are now able to send private messages. Regarding the email notifications, it came to our attention as other users experience the same problem. We are currently working on fixing this issue as soon as possible.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing you.

Best wishes,

Zoe

Thank you Zoe. I have successfully sent a PM just now.

What about email notifications for new private messages? I have checked My Settings & the box is ticked correctly for PMs.

Regards, Helen

Community Manager

Hello helen44,

Thank you for your post.

We are sorry to read that you have difficulties in sending a private message. We checked your account and it seems that everything is normal. Can you please try to send a message again? If this continues to be a problem please send an email to moderator@breastcancernow.org and we will be able to look into this further for you.

Sending you our best wishes,

Zoe

PM usage - a question for a moderator

Hi BCN Moderators

Can you help please? Is there a limit on how many PMs you can send? I have sent 3 in the last week & it now keeps telling me I have reached my limit and try later. Last used it on Fri 7/2 and I cannot use it today. Also I used to receive an email notification when I had been sent a PM and that hasn't worked for a month.

Thanks, Helen