62883members
330663posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worryingly I can sign in without giving my details!

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Re: Worryingly I can sign in without giving my details!

Hi nicky08

I have spoken to our Product Managers who developed the Forum and they suggested why you might be having this issue:

When you log in the Forum, it automatically signs you into the main Breast Cancer Now website as the Forum is connected to this. When you log out of the Forum, it doesn’t automatically log you out of the main website. The main website holds onto this information for slightly longer.

Please be assured that this doesn’t mean that your account is left open. It just holds you logged in for longer than you would have been before the rebrand. 

To log out of the main website, please scroll to the bottom of the Forum and click on the link which takes you to “breastcancernow.org”. In the top right corner, you can select, “log out”.

Please let us know if this works better for you or if this issue persists.

Best wishes,

Saskia

Digital Community Assistant 

Community Manager

Hi nicky08

Thank you for alerting this to us again. I have flagged this with the website team and they are currently looking into it. I will also check your settings to see if anything has changed. Did you say you were having this issue on Safari on an Ipad and phone? 

Best wishes,

Saskia

Community Champion

Hi

Just to let you know that this is still happening whichever browser I'm using. I thought I had logged off from earlier, using my pc and Google Chrome, however I have just been able to reply to a post without logging back on. I then logged (signed) off, went to find this thread and have been able to type this reply without logging on, even thought I just signed off 2 minutes ago.  This needs sorting.

Nicky

Community Champion

Hi thanks for replying. I will check but I’m sure my browser is Safari. I may not have expressed myself clearly enough but this has only happened since the website (and charity name) has officially changed to Breastcancernow. Before, when it was breastcancercare, I used the same browser, same iPad same way of logging in and this never happened.

Nicky

Community Manager

Hi Nicky08

Thank you for your comment. We're sorry you're having this issue with the Forum. 

Could I please check what browser you're using? It may be a setting within your broweser that has caused this. However, we can look into this further for you if it's to do with your acount. 

Best wishes

Saskia 

Community Champion

Hi Jan

Thanks for your reply. I do think it’s a problem with the website as it doesn’t happen every time and my security settings have not been changed from what they were before (when I used to be asked every time). In fact when I logged on about half an hour ago(using my iPad) I had to provide username and password as expected. I then signed out and remembered I’d written this post so I went to sign in again (on the iPad) and it allowed me to post this reply without signing in. Definitely a bit of a glitch I think.

Nicky 

Hi Nicky

My ipad signs me in automatically. You need to change your security settings in this case, I suspect. Usually on the ipad, I start to sign inTo a site and I’m offered an option at the bottom of the screen to sign in as XXX or I’m offered passwords (for which I need a password I don’t know!). However, on this site and a couple of others I visit regularly, I am automatically signed in. I don’t think it’s anything to do with the site or data security, just your settings. Fingers crossed

Jan

Community Champion

Worryingly I can sign in without giving my details!

Hi

I noticed this yesterday but thought I had not signed out of my account but it’s happened again this morning. If I go to  ‘sign in’ (to enable me to reply to a post) I am immediately signed in without giving my username or password. Very worrying. This is happening on an iPad so I’m not sure if it also happens on a phone or pc. I don’t  save any of my passwords ever so there should be no reason for this to happen.

Please can someone look into this and rectify it. This has only happened since the change in the website design to Breastcancernow.

Nicky