Change from Post menopausal to Pre menopausal anyone?

I was wondering how many members have gone from chemotherapy induced menopause to pre menopausal within 12 months of finishing chemo. I am 50 and was definitely post menopausal after chemo and put on Letrozole. However, I have now been having a proper period (not spotting) for 3 weeks. Saw my oncoligist this morning and she says there is the possibility of reverting to pre menopause but it is unusual at my age. To be honest, I’d rather stay post menopausal as I don’t think I can cope with all the hot flushes all over again! Also advised to stop taking Letrozole as it does nothing if you are not post menopausal and will likely need to start Tamoxifen :neutral_face: interested to hear similar stories.

Hi JPet

How are you doing today? I’m sorry you haven’t received a response yet. Please know that our Breast Care Nurses are here to offer you a friendly listening ear on our free Helpline 0808 800 6000 if you would like to talk this through.

Alternatively, you can get in touch with our Nurses in the Ask Our Nurses area of the Forum and they can respond to you online.

Sending you my best wishes