328372posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Chemo, Perjeta and Herceptin IDC

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Having Chemo, Perjeta and Herceptin IDC

Definitely. The treatment for HER 2 + tumours has been absolutely transformed by these drugs. It is best not to google too much, as the data is out of date. I asked my oncologist if I was classed as having an 'aggressive' tumour, and he said ' Not any more'- the results are outstanding!

Best wishes

Jane x

Great news!

I think it's the chemo as well as nuch as the targeted therapy of Herceptin and Perjeta that does it. I had 3 rounds of EC and then started weekly Taxol + 3 weekly Herceptin and my scan, 3 weeks into the Taxol, showed that the tumour had shrunk from 2.1 cm to 0.9cm and I'd only had one Herceptin injection at that point. Like you, I had a complete response when I finished chemo and I'd still only had 3 Herceptin injections at that point.

Those of us who are HER2 positive should be thankful that this is now available to us as it improves our percentages about the same amount that chemo does.

Hi there,

I had grade 2 IDC Her2 + diagnosed last year May/ June time. I had the perjeta and Herceptin chemo ( as well as Docetaxal and Carbaplatin). All I can say about perjeta and Herceptin is- wow, what a wonderful combination as I have heard so many success stories, and I am one of them! There was a complete pathological response in the breast- literally no sign of any invasive tumour after 6 cycles of chemo! My 5cm invasive tumour had shrunk to 1.5cm after three cycles, when they scanned me, and it had gone completely after the six cycles. I still had to have a mastectomy of my left breast due to the large area of DCIS ( which the chemo does not treat), but I hope my story reassures you.

I have finished all treatment apart from the reconstruction which will be at the end of the year. I am now back at work, my energy has returned, and I am loving life!

I wish you so much luck with all your treatment.

Best wishes

Jane x

Community Champion

Keep positive is my best advice, at times that will be difficult!  Also, remember to keep smiling - again at times that will be impossible..... x

I recommend you join the monthly chemo group on here - I joined the May 2017 one and I found new friends - we went through the whole thing together - one year on in May 2018, we formed a private Facebook page and a group of us met up - it was an amazing day!  Today, we're all still in touch via Facebook!  

If at any time you need reassurance and any tips on how to deal with treatment - I recommend you have a read through our May 2017 monthly chemo group - you'll have a laugh as well reading some of those comments!!

Good luck my lovely - and remember stay positive!  xx

Oh wow! That’s an amazing outcome. I’m so hoping the same happens with me. 

I am hoping to start my chemo this month, hence, meeting with my oncologist on Wednesday. Fingers crossed to start next week!

I hope that everything continues so positive for you in the future. Thank you x

Community Champion

Hello,  I've just seen your message and I'm sorry that you're here at only 25 years of age.

I had the same diagnosis as you back in February 2017 age 49 - I began chemo (EC x3) in May 2017 and moved on to Docetaxol in June 2017 with Perjeta and Herceptin.  In Sept 2017 I had a mastectomy (right breast) and full lymph node removal on the same side.  I received the pathology report and all signs of cancer had gone - I was cancer free - wow what a feeling!  I then had 15 sessions of radiotherapy.  Herceptin injections continued every 3 weeks until June 2018.  and here I am March 2019 - still keeping well - at the end of the month I have yearly check up with the breast surgeon and no doubt a 2nd mammogram.  

When is your treatment beginning?  Once it begins you'll feel more at ease.

I hope the treatment goes well for you and any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. J xx

Having Chemo, Perjeta and Herceptin IDC

Hi All!

I am due to meet my oncologist on Wednesday at The Christie’s. I am very nervous as I’m only 25. 

I found out I have IDC Grade 3 HER2+, and I have found out that I will be having chemo, perjeta and herceptin all given at the time of chemo throughout IV.

I will be having 6 rounds, and then I will be undergoing a double mastectomy and 3 weeks of radio.

Any thoughts welcome.

Thank you!