cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Herceptin and Corona Virus

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Herceptin and Corona Virus

That injection may cause serious or life-threatening heart problems. Common side effects include fever, infection, cough, headache, trouble sleeping, and rash. Other severe side effects include heart failure, allergic reactions, and lung disease. Use during pregnancy may harm the baby. But hope everything will be fine.

Highlighted

Hopefully you’ve a garden you can spend time in as we can’t get out for a walk.

Stay safe x 

Highlighted

oh really - that’s a shame for them to cancel your Herceptin. Yes I’m also on the 12 weeks and it is to do with when I finished Herceptin. 
Enjoy the sun xxx 

Highlighted

Spoke to the hospital today and they have confirmed I am on 12 weeks social isolation. My Herceptin has been cancelled until further notice I understand. 

Maybe other authorities will act differently but that’s what I’ve been told.

Did you manage to speak to anyone Bibi? 

I’m making the most of the glorious sunshine and sitting in the garden. 

Xx

Highlighted

Yes me too re walk / run.

I am only going to the shop when necessary, minimising contacts and adhering to social distancing. In view of the message from last night it’s not going to be a massive change for me other than the walk / run.

will be in touch later x

Highlighted

Thanks Jill- I mean I am following strict social distancing anyway but would miss my daily walk so hoping for some clarification later today from my onc. 
Thank you 

Bibi x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Fingers crossed .

Highlighted

Thanks Jill. My son did also say the same thing. I am keeping everything crossed. 

Checking with the hospital later today. 

Community Champion

No mention of Letrozole or Herceptin making you more at risk .They did say mistakes may be made and need to be discussed individually when it was first announced .

Highlighted
Community Champion
Highlighted

Thanks Bibi. I’m still a little bit in disbelief. I was going to register to help those on 12 weeks isolation!

I will let you know what the hospital say today.

Take care, stay safe. x

Highlighted

I finished Herceptin last June and am now just on Letrozole and I received the text and am also shocked - didn’t think Letrozole compromised immunity. 

Be interested to know if anyone else got text if on Letrozole 

Bibi 

Highlighted

Herceptin and Corona Virus

Has anyone else received a NHS text /letter to say they are in an at risk group? I've been having Herceptin for the past 9 years following my second breast cancer diagnosis. I was shocked to receive the text this evening. I am going to check with the hospital tomorrow. It says I must self isolate for a minimum of 12 weeks, I am due my next Herceptin on Thursday. 

I have checked and I believe Herceptin is an immunotherapy drug, which they say puts you at risk.