Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locally advanced primary breast cancer

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Locally advanced primary breast cancer

I only see them once a year now - my surgery/chemo/radiation was 3 years ago so I have not bothered to mention it.

Anyway I am sure that they would say "nothing alternative/complementary is proven so we think it is a waste of money but it will not do you any harm". That seems to be their standard answer if you want to take green smoothies, vitamin D or anything else.

Please make sure your vitamin D levels are adequate too:

https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/health-conditions/breast-cancer/#.XcMs5jP7TIU

Highlighted

Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply and really fascinating information. I’ll look at that and discuss with my oncologist.

Is your onc supportive of the salvestrol?

Best wishes 

Marie

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello again,

She is about to start on her 6th cycle - you take Ibrance everyday for 21 days then get 7 days off. The letrozole is taken everyday no breaks.

Her blood reading was not quite where it ought to have been after the 4th cycle so they delayed the tablets by a week. Sometimes that means they lower the dose but when they tested her blood again it was fine so they gave her the full strength.

All in all she is doing well.

She and I both take Salvestrol Platinum you can watch this to find out why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4tpPlqMJ7Y

I take one a day and she takes 3, if you want to explore here is a link and a place you can buy from:

https://www.natural-alternative-products.co.uk/salvestrol-platinum-benefits-and-guidelines/

Highlighted

Hi blueash,

Thanks so much for your reply, it’s really good to know your relative is doing well on the drugs and that it hasn’t spread anywhere else. 
 How long has she been on this treatment ? I understand it might be long term but as I don’t know yet whether my tumour is responding it’s early days for me. I’ve just finished my first cycle of ribociclib and fulvestrant. The plan is to scan after Christmas. It’s really daunting and I’m just hoping that I get a good response. 
Best wishes Marie 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello Marie,

I have a relation that has locally advanced breast cancer. However, hers was 13 years before it put in an appearance. She is now on Ibrance and letrozole and is doing OK.

It actually appeared on her skin, she had a mastectomy and then a reconstruction. Plus she went to the GP and he just thought it was a rash. Well the rash did not go so she asked to see a dermatologist and he told her right away that it was a local recurrence.

She has been scanned and it isn't anywhere else.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Marie ,hopefully there is someone on the forum who has experienced similar who can help Maybe post this in the Just diagnosed section and maybe also  the going through treatment section(radiotherapy ) too to get the best chance of a response. .https://forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/Radiotherapy/bd-p/4436

Highlighted

Thanks very much for your reply. I spoke to one of the staff on the helpline this morning and she suggested I post on the forum as there isn’t anyone in my situation that they are aware of in the someone like me service. Is there anywhere else on the forum I should post as I can’t see a link ?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi marie9, sorry you’ve not had a response yet. Please try the someone like me option on here and also as the nurse facility, they should be able to answer and questions you have. Sorry I can’t help more but hope this helps get you to those who can 💕💕shi xx

Highlighted

Locally advanced primary breast cancer

Hi,

I’ve just joined the forum today in the hope I may be able to contact someone who has a similar diagnosis.

I had surgery for primary breast cancer in July and was about to receive radiotherapy in September but another tumour was diagnosed on the radiotherapy planning scan in the internal mammary node. It’s not operable because of the location and I am now receiving drugs to target the cancer before radiotherapy.  

Im in the difficult position of not “fitting “ into the primary breast cancer or secondary cancer groups and would really appreciate the support of connecting with someone who has had a similar experience.

Many thanks

Marie