Locally advanced primary breast cancer

Hi,

I’ve just joined the forum today in the hope I may be able to contact someone who has a similar diagnosis.

I had surgery for primary breast cancer in July and was about to receive radiotherapy in September but another tumour was diagnosed on the radiotherapy planning scan in the internal mammary node. It’s not operable because of the location and I am now receiving drugs to target the cancer before radiotherapy.  

Im in the difficult position of not “fitting “ into the primary breast cancer or secondary cancer groups and would really appreciate the support of connecting with someone who has had a similar experience.

Many thanks

Marie

Hi marie9, sorry you’ve not had a response yet. Please try the someone like me option on here and also as the nurse facility, they should be able to answer and questions you have. Sorry I can’t help more but hope this helps get you to those who can ??:sparkles::sparkles:shi xx

Hello Marie,

I have a relation that has locally advanced breast cancer. However, hers was 13 years before it put in an appearance. She is now on Ibrance and letrozole and is doing OK.

It actually appeared on her skin, she had a mastectomy and then a reconstruction. Plus she went to the GP and he just thought it was a rash. Well the rash did not go so she asked to see a dermatologist and he told her right away that it was a local recurrence.

She has been scanned and it isn’t anywhere else.