Oncotype DX Profiling

Hello, I’ve recently been diagnosed with stage II invasive breast cancer at a relatively young age. I was told by my breast nurse that I would be eligible for the Oncotype DX test on the NHS due to the fact that my cancer is ER positive, HER2 negative, suspected lymph negative and that I would be open to the possibility of chemo. However, I was informed yesterday by my surgeon that I would not be eligible for Oncotype DX on the NHS as my tumour is less than 2cm (it’s 0.6cm). Is anyone able to advise on this please?  It’s a huge cost to consider at £3,000 if I have to pay for it myself but I would really like to have it done. I’d be grateful to hear anyone else’s experience.

Hi my tumour was 1.8cm and no lymph involved. I had the onco dx, my oncologist was adamant I wouldn’t need chemo so it was just to confirm her thoughts but it came back at 31!! 
I had 4 cycles of EC.

so it’s definitely available on the nhs if there is any doubt about chemo. If they think you definitely need chemo there’s no point in having it.

Good luck cx

I got mine done on NHS as they have been given some freein the se of England to use free , stupid postcode lottery