I experienced and am still experiencing what they call “seroma” which is a build up of fluid that has to be drained. If it is clear fluid there is no infection. I have had this drained three times and it is going down and eventually will go away. Painful, I know but not to worry.
I'm not on here much anymore but I wanted to reply to your post.
I'm by no means a medical person but it sound very much like you have an infection? This happened to my neighbour recently and she required antibiotics after contacting her BCN who arranged for her to see her surgeon. This was all arranged within two days when she described her symptoms to her BCN over the phone. It's all cleared up now.
Have you seen anyone about this yet?
That must be a cause for concern for you to say the least. I had Paget's disease (basically cancer of the nipple) which was HER2 positive. I had umpteen biopsies to see if it was anywhere else in the breast but is wasn't. I had the nipple removed at the first surgery but kept my breast. Apparently there is not as much research on Paget's as for the more usual breast cancer. It might be in the same area i.e. breast but have a slightly different modality. I also had radiotherapy.
I don’t mean to panic anyone but I’m curious to know if anyone has or is going through a similar situation to me. I was diagnosed with a HER2 + breast cancer in Oct 2016. I had neoadjuvant chemo, FEC-T which completely destroyed the tumour. I then had a lumpectomy followed by radiotherapy. Everything appeared to be going well and I was having my 3 weekly sub-cut Herceptin injections. However, in Jan of this year, I noticed the scar from the lumpectomy felt a bit uncomfortable and I had an occasional blood-stained discharge from my nipple. To cut a long story short, the HER2 tumour had recurred even though I was still on Herceptin. I’ve since had a mastectomy with good tissue margins and no spread to any lymph nodes. Of course the dilemma now is what to do next. My oncologist has contacted the Marsden in London for a second opinion and while I wait for their response, I thought I’d post on here in case anyone has been through a similar scenario.