Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 weeks post mastectomy

4 REPLIES 4
Hayley0000

Re: 2 weeks post mastectomy

Hi 

Its so much to take in and deal with, and such an emotional time.  I think my family are also struggling with the process. 

Sending you hugs and positivity xxHeart

Saffyalice

Hello ladies I am over 1 week post mastectomy waiting my results on Wednesday if I have to start radiation it's such a whirl wide of emotions sending soft hugs xxxx

Hayley0000

Hi 

yes I did have 2 drains in after surgery for 5 days. 

I really hope the results are positive for us, although I still think I will feel trapped in the cancer bubble until I get the all clear on the left boob. 

Thank you for your reply and supportive words Woman Happy

mini mad

Hello Hayley0000

have just seen your post and in part i know how you are feeling.

i had a left mastectomy tuesday last week with axilliary node dissection.  Sorry to hear ur having problems with fluid build up.  Did you not have a drain in after surgery ?

i see my surgeon in 10 days time to also get my pathology results before a treatment plan can be put in place. Fingers crossed for both  of us that everything comes back ALL CLEAR...

pls let me know how your mri goes on your other breast.  I also am really emotional but its not surprising with what we have had done... let it out..have a good cry 💖💖

we must stay strong and positive...  big HUGS to you 💖💖

Hayley0000

2 weeks post mastectomy

I have just had a right boob mastectomy and  sentinel node removal and am waiting on the biopsy results to determine if I need further surgery or chemo and cannot start radiotherapy until the results are back. I have to keep having the area drained as the fluid is not draining which makes me feel quite sick.  But worse than that is how I feel I just cannot stop bursting into tears.  I’m scared of how I will cope for the rest of my life having to deal with the thought of having secondary cancer.  I still have questions over my left boob and have to go for a further mri to check for changes. I just don’t know how to cope - and I don’t know anyone who has been through this. Is there anyone who can give me some light at the end of the very dark tunnel