Abdominal Binder recommendations?

Hi there

i’m due to have a mastectomy and DIEP reconstruction on 29/1 and the plastics surgeon has told me to get an abdominal binder from amazon for after the surgery. He said to make sure it’s 9” wide but no other advice and there are loads on Amazon. Just wondering if anyone can recommend one to me please.

Many thanks 

Laura x 

Hi Laura

I had my Diep, mastectomy and lymph nodes removed in November.

I wasn’t asked to get a binder and after googling I am also unsure what this is…hopefully somebody will come along and help.

My surgeon advised control pants which I bought in M&S…I bought my normal size and an underwired bra that was front fastening…….again my normal size. They were expensive but well worth it in the long run… my bra was £25 and zips up the front. I bought them in black as I was worried about the drains and any leakage. I bought them to show my breast cancer nurse as I was confident I had got the right ones after purchasing them.

I am actually still wearing this style of underwear. I did buy bras that were front opening online…these were not as expensive but for me they didn’t feel secure enough to hold the shape of my new tummy/boob as the M&S one did but I am a 38d and have a ‘fatty back’ so maybe if you are smaller or larger this isn’t an issue.

My scars are healing brilliantly and I massage them everyday.

If you have any questions about how I managed please let me know.

Debbie x