Alcohol and Breast Cancer

telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/01/03/drinking-alcohol-raises-risk-cancer-snapping-dna-scientists/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_em

Today x

Interesting article FECinhell. Thanks for sharing.  I quit alcohol as soon as I was diagnosed.  I also quit dairy products even though there is currently no medical evidence that eating dairy has any connection with BC, I’m not taking any chances as I’m ER/PR+.  

forksoverknives.com/7-ways-milk-and-dairy-products-are-making-you-sick/#gs.UJ1u09o

oh how we spend so much time now looking at ways to stay alive now rather than living!

Hi Mai 7

The wording of your post really struck a chord with me-since my diagnosis  8 years ago I too have spent my days looking at ways to stay alive rather than living. Definitely food  for thought as some days I feel like a machine and have lost spontaneity  so thank you for your post!

Best wishes to all for 2018 x

Definitely some food for thought here! 

They have 20% more hazard than ladies who don’t drink liquor, over the top liquor utilization is likewise known to build the danger of different diseases.Yes alcohol is cause of breast cancer

This link explained the research well cancerdietitian.com/2017/05/alcohol-estrogen-breast-cancer-risk-survivorship.html

Cancer is systemic and isn’t the result of one thing, so having drunk or not having drunk alcohol isn’t the only factor. Research shows it does increase your risk of developing, or recurrence of breast cancer. The same with sugar, there is now no doubt processed sugar is a promoter of cancer, if you think the research isn’t conclusive then ask how often over recent years have you seen research saying sugar doesn’t promote cancer? Dairy, cow in particular is another…I don’t understand when research is from a reputable source and repeatedly coming out how we can afford to just ignore or dismiss it, surely it should be respected and considered? Then if it isn’t for you, fair enough ignore it, but make an informed choice, knowing the facts. 

Exactly, because cancer is a systemic disease, not caused by one factor. This type of research isn’t saying if you drink you’ll get cancer, or eat sugar and you’ll get cancer it’s saying if you do those things you will increase your chance or risk of getting it. There are always stories and cases of people who did everything right but still get it, likewise those who smoke 60 a day and don’t, but for the majority these are factors to consider. Then, as said, if they’re not for you then ignore them and carry on as you wish, but at least it will be an informed choice not one made thinking chocolate and sweets are good for you! 

And there is a lot of sugar in alcohol. I am diabetic and think sugar is poison and a massive health problem. There are many reasons for cancer with genetics, obesity, dense breasted women more prone. Alcohol is not the only culprit but the research shows it is a risk. The study was researched over a long period. I think it should be taken seriously

Well, I think we all take these things seriously then make the choices that are right for us & that we can follow through on. I take note of evidence, but I do not feel dictated to by it.
Yes, I did have a wine o’clock habit & dense breasts which wouldn’t have helped, or it may have happened anyway, I don’t know ?‍♀️
So now, I still enjoy a glass of wine, but in moderation of course & I feel comfortable with this.
ann x

Found this interesting article Cannabis Isn’t Some Magical Anti-Cancer Agent…But It Might Help.

I know that having more than two drinks each day for many years may increase the chance of developing cancers of the mouth, throat, esophagus, larynx, liver, and breast. The risk increases with the amount of alcohol that a person drinks. For most of these cancers, the risk is higher for a drinker who uses tobacco.
Doctors advise people who drink to do so in moderation. Drinking in moderation means no more than one drink per day for women and no more than two drinks per day for men.

A glass of wine didn’t hurt anybody, as long as the quantity is moderated. These are little pleasures in life that help us feel better, and I can’t renounce at the feeling. I have a friend that is in an alcohol rehab centre, and I do understand that a little today and a little tomorrow can grow into an addiction, but I’m still indulging myself from time to time. This life is too short and too moody to refuse the little pleasures that can make us feel much better, and who else but you can understand me better.