Badly bruised from core biopsy

Hello ladies,

I have been diagnosed with breast cancer for a second time (had it 13 years ago) now other breast, I have had an mri guided core biopsy which bled quite a lot, pressure was applied to stop the bleeding, then I had to have a mamogram straight after, the bleeding started again, more pressure. It was very painful and swollen. Heavy bruising came out the next day and that 12 days ago now is starting to fade but there is still a huge hard lump that must have been from internal bleeding, I went back to the hospital and they said it should go down but it has not as yet. Still tender but not that painful.

Has anyone else had this?

Thanks ladies

Hugs Chloe x

Hi Chloe that all sounds really painful and scary. I haven’t experienced this but is it worth you ringing the nurses on here to get their views on it? It sounds like you’ve been fobbed off by the hospital 

I’m so glad to have found someone going through the same as me.  I had a core biopsy 3 wks ago… and still badly bruised,  like you it wouldn’t stop bleeding.  Then on Wednesday had a vacuum biopsy on the other breast to remove some calcification. Again more bleeding issues,  2 nurses and a compression bandage later it’s definitely better than the right.  Although really uncomfortable and aching. 

I have a confirmed grade 2, 25mm lump of HER - oestrogen positive cancer in the right and hoping that the 2nd biopsy is clear so we can go ahead with lumpectomy and radiotherapy… how are you getting on?  Has the bruising calmed down yet?