cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food

4 REPLIES 4
sally65

Re: Food

Thanks, all sugestions are helpful. I was very suprised to find how much things don't  taste of any thing, any more. Picked onions! 

I am not trying any thing that I used to like, then I wont be dissapointed. 

Sal x 

JacqB

Hi Sally
I too went through a period when everything tasted like pond scum. The things I could tolerate were, Vanilla ice cream, porridge and chicken soup. That was pretty much it for a while. Although it has improved I still can’t eat anything salty or drink tea and coffee. I hope you find something you can enjoy.
Jacq x
sally65

Thanks Katflo,

thats sound helpful. I will give it a try.

As I know I only have 3 more. after this nothing seems so bad. 

But not eating gets very boring.

Congrats on finishing fec-t.  , what comes next in your box of delights?

Sal x

katflo

Hi sally I finished fec-t a fortnight ago and I was the same everything tasted awful on T and I struggled with teeth cleaning too! However for me it lasted 7-10 days then I would turn a corner and it would get better over the next couple of weeks. I found eating things with strong flavours was all I could do to mask the yucky taste in my mouth but it wasn’t brilliant.. so hang in there it does improve and it’s a horrible side effect. Mine are back to normal and have been for a week or so, you can do this!x
sally65

Food

Hi chemo 5 has hit( my first T,) with FEC  I was able to eat all except hot food,.

But now the food tastes horrible.

Even teeth cleaning.

Do folks have any sugestions for me to try,

Thanks Sally