Knitted softies

On the day I completed my radiotherapy, 9 months after a full mastectomy, I was told about Knitted Knockers. I sent off for one immediately and was quite tearful when my little package came, beautifully presented, “a gift from one woman to another.” As the information officer in radiotherapy said, it IS softer and more malleable than the standard hospital softie (I don’t yet have my prosthesis so I cant compare) but it’s far more comfortable in a normal bra. So, if you haven’t heard of the charity which offers these free of charge, it’s www.knittedknockersuk.com. This isn’t an ad - it’s genuine appreciation for their generosity. Warning: avoid googling knitted knockers - you get some interesting results with knitted crossed through!

Hi Jabro, I  sent for a knitted aqua knocker. The parcel arrived within 3 days. I was, like you, touched by the personal touch of the message and pretty organza bag. I asked for a black one to go under a black swimsuit. They sent me two! A blue one and a black one, just in case I needed an extra. How lovely to think of all these lovely ladies thinking of others and knitting love in every stitch. Bless them ?