Making a choice... Chemotherapy

Hi I was diagnosed in January with grade 2 lobular cancer, had a 30mm tumour removed in February and it hadn’t spread to the lymph nodes. Was always under the impression it would be radiotherapy and hormones until my oncotype results came back. I have a score of 28.  I really don’t want chemotherapy as feel I couldn’t cope mentally and physically . I’m 62 and just feel like I want to choose radiotherapy and hormones.  Has anyone else had a similar experience on choice…I’ve been on a high since my operation and initial results but now feel like my world has crashed… Many thanks for listening x

Hi Eli I had a lumpectomy in January stage 2 . Also it had spread to 2 lymph nodes . I had decided I didn’t want chemotherapy, I was prepared to look for alternatives. I was lucky I received an OncotypeDX score of 6, so radiation therapy was recommended. I was unsure about that too but I’ve went along with it as I don’t think I’d get much help or advice with alternatives from the Irish medical profession. Go with you’re gut instinct I wish you well on any decisions you make

Lisa